The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

seakayaker

Admiralty Head Lighthouse Film

M6 TTL with Leica Summicron-M 35mm f2 ASPH

. . . . . from a couple of weekends ago. I should be out of weeds sometime in June, at least that is when school ends and then it will just be the full time job and not both. I do get to interlope on occasion, just no time for making much conversation!

Lots of great photos from Leif e, Maggie-O, bruniroquai, Godfrey, Cindy, Iver and Lloyd! Enjoy them all!

Steve you need to put down that M9 with 50/0.95 and shoot a roll of film!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Dan,
This beautiful lighthouse photo has so much clarity and depth. I feel like I'm right there.

Admiralty Head Lighthouse Film

M6 TTL with Leica Summicron-M 35mm f2 ASPH

. . . . . from a couple of weekends ago. I should be out of weeds sometime in June, at least that is when school ends and then it will just be the full time job and not both. I do get to interlope on occasion, just no time for making much conversation!

Lots of great photos from Leif e, Maggie-O, bruniroquai, Godfrey, Cindy, Iver and Lloyd! Enjoy them all!

Steve you need to put down that M9 with 50/0.95 and shoot a roll of film!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
We had a heavy rain here in the desert today. I was drenched, but kept my M6 under my jacket.:D
M6ttl 0.85, Leica WATE & Frankenfinder, Portra 160
View from up on the London Bridge- storm brewing

After the rain- it dries off fast in the desert

A big one- he released it and it swam away

edftwin

Haven't been sharing photos here for quite some time, here's a few from me.
I have created a tumblr account as my photo blog recently, i'm not sure if it's a good way to showcase my photos. Here's the link Street Wanderer

seakayaker

Cindy beautiful set, 2nd Lloyd, the second is my favorite, love the detail!

Ed, your photos are not on display, I followed the link but not sure which photos were on display.

From a walk about up at Fort Worden with Peg

M6 TTL with Leica APO Summicron-M 75mm f2 ASPH - Kodak Porta 400

rayyan

We had a heavy rain here in the desert today. I was drenched, but kept my M6 under my jacket.:D
M6ttl 0.85, Leica WATE & Frankenfinder, Portra 160
View from up on the London Bridge- storm brewing

After the rain- it dries off fast in the desert
Cindy, a lovely set. But the above is superb for it sweeping depth.:thumbs:
Of course, the deserts here are a little different.!!:D

Best regards.

rayyan

My wife and me had a small paradise to ourselves and family.

For the kids, it was their place to get away from the parents!

Then the Tsunami struck. You all know the tragedy of it.

Of no significance compared to the catastrophe suffered by others, our little hut got

swept away. Vanished!!

I do not have the financial or physical and mental strength to rebuild it.

But the small land remains. So does the beach.

We leave it for the kids to make it their little piece of paradise.

My son and the only footprints are ours in the photo.

Sri Lanka. Portra 160 VC. M7.

seakayaker

Thank you Lloyd and Rayyan for your kind words, they are appreciated!

Rayyan, such a beautiful spot having a sandy beach by the ocean. Thankfully, you and you family were not inside the hut when it was swept away. Hopefully your son does get a chance to rebuild a small place for his family and for the grandparents to come visit!

A visit to Port Townsend and caught the ferry out of Coupeville on Whidbey Island which is located about a mile from Fort Casey and the Admiralty Head Lighthouse. This weekend without as much sun and a 75mm vs using the 35 mm above.

M6 TTL ~ Leica Summicron-M 75mm f2 ASPH ~ Kodak Porta 400 Film

Lloyd

Very nice Dan. I really need to visit there one day. I lived in the Seattle area twice and never made it.

Lloyd

Rayyan, such a beautiful spot having a sandy beach by the ocean. Thankfully, you and you family were not inside the hut when it was swept away. Hopefully your son does get a chance to rebuild a small place for his family and for the grandparents to come visit!

Big plus 1. I hope so as well. :thumbup:​

rayyan

Thank you Lloyd and Rayyan for your kind words, they are appreciated!

A visit to Port Townsend and caught the ferry out of Coupeville on Whidbey Island which is located about a mile from Fort Casey and the Admiralty Head Lighthouse. This weekend without as much sun and a 75mm vs using the 35 mm above.

M6 TTL ~ Leica Summicron-M 75mm f2 ASPH ~ Kodak Porta 400 Film

Big plus 1. I hope so as well. :thumbup:
Dan, Lloyd. Thanks for the kind words.

Dan, I can see myself sitting here warm and cosy with a flask of coffee and
sandwiches in a brown bag; watching the world go by.

An wonderful image again.

Regards.

seakayaker

Very nice Dan. I really need to visit there one day. I lived in the Seattle area twice and never made it.
lloyd, it is a nice 90 minutes north of Seattle which includes a short ferry ride from Mukilteo to Clinton. The lighthouse and Fort Casey make for a nice photography opportunity and if one wants to venture a little further there is a nice 35 minute ferry ride from Coupeville to Port Townsend. Port Townsend is a nice destination which also has Fort Worden and Fort Flagler near by with lots of photo ops as well.

If you ever make it up here I am sure the SLUG's could arrange a walk about Seattle for old times sake!

Thank you for your kind words, they are always appreciated.

Dan, I can see myself sitting here warm and cosy with a flask of coffee and sandwiches in a brown bag; watching the world go by.

An wonderful image again.

Regards.

Rayyan, I could be sitting right next to you enjoying a cup of coffee, watching the world go by, talking about waves lapping on sandy beaches, hot days in the sun with the kids, love and life, and perhaps a little bit about photography!

. . . . . and thank you for you kind words, they are appreciated.