The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Lloyd. I love the look of the current Leica lenses, but I also like the look of the vintage lenses. There is a whole treasure-trove of old lenses out there to try and some of them are amazing. Brian Sweeney converted the Contax Sonnar for me. He put it into a donor Jupiter 3 mount. The lens doesn't look like anything special in that Jupiter-3 mount, but the performance really makes me happy.

leif e

I agree with Lloyd - interesting feel and look to those images indeed, Cindy! Interesting lens story as well.
Regarding our snow status; I´d really like to ski some more. Right now everything´s melting away. :(

Lloyd

It has been a very strange winter. We had record snowfall year, with one local ski resort breaking the old record by 97 inches!! This year it's been pretty moderate (at best), snowfall-wise, and yet we had 16 inches at that same resort last night, with another 24-36 forecast over the next couple of days. Then over the weekend we have high temps of around 12-13C forecast. Strange.

Last edited:

leif e

A few weeks ago - the season´s most beautiful ski-trip. Now it seems to be mostly over - even if we had some more of the white stuff yesterday. :D

m2, cv 2,5/35mm and tri-x

Lloyd

Beautiful place, and a very nice shot, Leif. I feel your pain... perfect ski conditions last weekend, and then temps above 14C all this week. Looks like we're done for the year. (I've been done since I fell and broke my elbow the end of January, but my wife has been out a lot, and is mourning the end of the season.)

leif e

Bad luck with your elbow, Lloyd - hope you recover soon. Still able to shoot I hope.
I´m aiming for a slow klister-trip or two before it´s really over. Spring is ok too, I guess. :D
le

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
M6ttl and Contax G 45 f/2 Planar, Fuji Sensia 200(I'm not crazy about this film!), Nikon V
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

Historic theater now housing Barnes and Noble

Antique door detail

Monza (Robert Jagitsch) sent his Contax G 45 f/2 Planar to me. It has been converted to M mount. This is an exceptional lens that I previously enjoyed on a Contax G and on my NEX with an adapter. The modification is very nice.

seakayaker

Beautiful photographs Vobluda, Rayyan, Cindy & Leif!

It is nice to come back when time permits and see the contributions posted by you all!

ReeRay, the 45 Contax G with the adaptor is the same one that I had used. I do not believe it is from Japan Exposures.

Hope everyone is having great weather and light.

Ending a couple of weeks of rain and cold here in Seattle. Finally had some sun this past weekend but more rain is now in the forecast.