The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Godfrey

These are nice too, Godfrey. Especially like the top one.
Thanks Lloyd!

One more for today and I've got to get back to work again. Sheesh, having a real job can be such a time sink sometimes.

Leica CL + M-Rokkor 90mm f/4
Ilford XP2 Super

I think that's the sixth one I've posted from my first 36exp test roll .. Not a bad keeper rate already, and there are a couple more I'll have to get to when the time is available. Hmm. It must be a really good camera ... ]:)

enjoy!

MikalWGrass

A couple of shots from the Siesta Key Sprint Triathlon held a month ago. Shot with a Leica M6 that I think damaged the film (note the white spots on the film), and an old Canon 1.9 with a light green filter that I could not remove. I am not thrilled with the pics but I want to get used to posting.

Shots were taken shortly after sunrise. Notice the moon in one of the photos.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Dan: Another nice one. I'm a sucker for nautical themes.

Godfrey: Yes... it looks like you have a good camera. ;) At least when it's in capable hands, like yours, it's an excellent camera. Love the minimalist themes, this one included. And I know what you mean about a "real" job sucking time. Dang it!

Mikal: Fun stuff! My wife and I have done triathlon for years (19 Ironman finishes), so I'm a fan triathlon shots. Too bad about the film, but these look great. Nice tones here too.

MikalWGrass

Lloyd, I have other shots from other tris that I will post if encouraged. Most are taken with an a900 and the ZA 85/1.4. My wife wants me to shoot color with the a900 so they can be uploaded to Facebook within hours of the race. I almost prefer the a900 for the tris because they are autofocus. The constant focus / tracking function can be an issue at times though.

Lloyd

Love to see them. If you post them on the Sony thread, do me a favor and shoot me a PM so I can go over there and see them. Thanks!

MikalWGrass

More from the third and last segment of the Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy. The white spots across the film occurred when the film was developed. I am pretty upset because the film is now damaged but...... Nothing was done to the film other than throwing a bit more light on the image in LR3. My favorite is the guy stretching before the event.

Last edited:

seakayaker

ST-905 Scholarie and Maris Pearl Tugs ~ Outward Bound in Large Lock ~ Ballard Locks ~ Seattle, WA

M6TTL ~ Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzler 3.5cm f3.5 - Ilford Pan-F Plus 50

Lloyd

Very nice shots, Dan. That second one in particular. I really love the tonality of these. That Ilford Pan-F Plus 50 rocks.

Lloyd

More from the third and last segment of the Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy. The white spots across the film occurred when the film was developed. I am pretty upset because the film is now damaged but...... Nothing was done to the film other than throwing a bit more light on the image in LR3. My favorite is the guy stretching before the event.
Excellent set! I think that's my favorite as well. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

seakayaker

Lloyd, thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated.

. . . . . yes the Ilford Pan-F Plus 50 film does rock!

Something from a walk at the locks.

Mach One Jazz Orchestra ~ Ballard Locks Sunday Concert Series ~ Seattle, WA

MP - Leica Summilux-M 35mm f1.4 ASPH ~ Kodak Porta 160

Kokoshawnuff

Nice to see a thread to complement the popular digital M take on things...Here's a few froma recent trip

Stump Meadow

M2, summicron 35 asph, Tri-x in f76+

Winding Roads of Kings Canyon

M3, Macro Elmar 90, E100VS

Sequoia Silhouettes

M3, Tele Elmar 135, Tri-X in f76+

Last edited:

seakayaker

Thank you Cindy, Lloyd and Kokoshawnuff for your kind words, they are appreciated!

American Legion Post 96 ~ Snohomish, WA

MP - Leica Summicron-M 35mm f2 ASPH

Lloyd

Those must be the "posts", eh? :D Nicely seen and captured.

(I can say that since I'm a Legionnaire myself. ;))

Last edited: