The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

johnnygoesdigital

Cindy,

I love these...especially the backdrop. The models pose, wardrobe, colors...perfect!
I'm glad your enjoying that lens, I'd love to see pics with the M9 too.

Johnny

MikalWGrass

This is a young woman who placed her baby for adoption. Photos taken about 6 days after she gave birth and after the legal paperwork was signed. Behind me was the court reporter and to my right was the girl's "friend" and next to him was the adoptive dad. Leica M6, Tmax 400 or TriX shot at 800, 50 lux or Nikkor 85/2.0 No flash - lamp light only. They guy who developed the negatives scanned them on some sort of scanner. Minimal processing in SFX2.

Falon by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

Falon2 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

seakayaker

Nothing special but after a month of not seeing anything posted in the Leica M thread I thought I would add a couple for a bump. These were taken at just about high noon during a walk along the trail beside the beach in West Seattle last August. A nice pleasant thought on a January day . . . . .

Fishing in West Seattle (Salmon)

Leica M6TTL ~ Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ Ilford HP5

Happy New Year Everyone!

Last edited:

chrism

I wanted to try stand development in Rodinal so I took the Bessa III with some FP4+ and the M7 with TMax400 with me up to the hospital for rounds this morning. The FP4+ shots are in the 'More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M' thread. The TMax did get some fine grain, and since these are portraits I have softened that a bit.

Roughly 20ºC, 1:100 Blazinal, 10 inversions at the start, three at 30 minutes, then water stop at one hour, fix and wash. Scanned with an Imacon 848. I think for an ISO400 film next time I shall try fewer initial inversions, or maybe 1:200 for two hours. All the same, it was very easy and worth exploring.

Chris

J

JohnW

From a recent brief stint with an M4-P. I think I was hasty in selling it, and may give an M another try, as funds permit. But I think I'd like a meter this time.

John

chrism

So I tried using HC-110 for stand development to see if the grain on a 400ISO film would be less than with Rodinal, and I believe it is. This is Legacy Pro 400 shot at box speed. The recipe was:
1. Five minute pre-soak in water
2. HC-110 4ml in 500ml water, ie 1:125. 10 inversions at the start
3. One gentle inversion at 30 minutes
4. Water stop at 60 minutes
5. Fix, hypo clear, wash, dry all as usual

Leica MP, Noctilux, Imacon 848 scan

(My wife looks glum because she's stuck at home in a blizzard, not because I'm pointing a camera at her again!)

Chris

chrism

Another set using a 400ISO film, TMY, and HC-110 stand. I'm happy with the way it works. All with Leica M7, Summilux 50, yellow filter, and Imacon 848 scan.

Chris

Godfrey

I'll make the assumption that a Leica CL qualifies as a Leica M ... ;-)

Rummaging through my Leica CL photos, I found these two made in 2012 which I thought worked together nicely due to their spare minimalism.

Both made with Leica CL + Color-Skopar 21mm f/4

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

MikalWGrass

A few photos of William (Billy) Katt who starred in the excellent surfing movie, Big Wednesday. The movie also starred a young Jan Michael Vincent and a young and very baby faced Gary Busey. These are from 6 years ago but just scanned the negatives yesterday. Shot with an M6 and very old 90/2.8 and scanned on a Coolscan 9000. Don't remember the film but I think it was my beloved Neopan 1600.

The photos were shot in Hollywood, FL during a talk that he gave about one of his projects.

Katt1.5 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

Katt1 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A few photos of William (Billy) Katt who starred in the excellent surfing movie, Big Wednesday. The movie also starred a young Jan Michael Vincent and a young and very baby faced Gary Busey. These are from 6 years ago but just scanned the negatives yesterday. Shot with an M6 and very old 90/2.8 and scanned on a Coolscan 9000. Don't remember the film but I think it was my beloved Neopan 1600.

The photos were shot in Hollywood, FL during a talk that he gave about one of his projects.

Katt1.5 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

Katt1 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr
I like these two a lot. I've always been fascinated by how some large grain b&w films often give the impression of rendering detail that simply cannot be there due to the same, coarse grain. No digital to film filters do that, at least none that I have seen.

MikalWGrass

More black and white reversal scanned on the Coolscan 9000 and fiddled around with in SFX2. The shots were taken with an M6 and either a 50/1.4 or Nikkor 85/2 (LTM). Don't remember the film but I think it was HP5 or TriX at 400 or 800.

The swimmer is my son Ivan. It was taken with a flash. Normally he doesn't mind me taking photos but after I took this photo with the flash, he asked me not to take any more. The other shots are of two of the Gulliver lacrosse team practices that were taken from the pool deck overlooking the football field.

ivangogglesflash by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

lacrosse1 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

lacrosse2 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

lacrosse3 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

lacrosse4 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

chrism

Continuing to annoy people at the weekend, this time with M7, Cron 90, XP2 @ 400, Rodinal stand and Imacon scans:

There is a little more grain with the XP2 at 400, but seems quite tolerable. At 200 in a Rodinal stand it's as smooth as anything.

Chris

ReeRay

I prefer XP-2 @ 200 also, and find it a very easy film to scan with my Minolta Multi Pro

Contax G2 21mm Biogon

Leica M6 TTL 50mm Summicron

Leica M6 TTL 50mm Summicron

MikalWGrass

Some shots of a baby born to an HIV positive mom who was adoptive by a terrific family. I didn't include shots of the adoptive mother's face. Shot with Leica M6 and a 50/1.5 lux and / or Nikkor LTM 85/2 and 105/2.5. Film was HP5 and / or TriX.