The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

d_brown

Cindy: Thanks for the welcome. I've been here all along enjoying the info, chatter and photos, but haven't posted before. I took these photos when I was much younger. The market was located in downtown, Columbus, Ohio, open on Saturday only, and was quite busy. Many people rode the bus downtown to do their weekly shopping. These were taken with a Leica IIf and Elmar lenses and later, an M3.

Helen: Thank you.

More market photos circa 1960:

Thanks for looking!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
DBrown, I really enjoyed every one of the photos from the market. :thumbs: Congratulations! Are you still using the M3?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
This is from a camera store in Victoria, BC, Canada in 2004. Probably M4-P and a 35/2 Summicron almost wide open, Kodak ISO 400 film converted to B&W.
--Peter
So cute!

Thanks for joining in everyone. I'm enjoying all the interesting shots. Please keep them coming.

N

nei1

Leica M4-2 with a 50mm f2 Tri-X 1250asa.This was taken at the elephant fair up in Devon.Maybe it was a 35mm f1.4

Last edited:
N

nei1

Same details as above but this was taken in Scotland
p.s.Is there any chance that we could have a film section on the main menu:thumbup:

A

asabet

Cindy, thanks for starting this great thread. Really inspirational stuff all around!

D Brown, the market photos from 50 years ago are fantastic.

N

nei1

M6 50mm f2

Helen,this was taken with kodak tech pan (25asa)that I talked about before.:thumbup:

charlesphoto

Okay, here's one from a few years back, apropo to this thread. Camera repair shop in Hanoi. M6TTL with 24mm. Fuji 400 NP color neg.

helenhill

d. brown : another GREAT set

bigfeet: Cool Bikes

charlesphoto: Would love to get lost in that shop

Neil: Love the Tones and just the overall minimal composition in your shots....
I didn't see FREESTYLE selling the Kodak tech pan /25 :( so till looking for it

Best-H

N

nei1

Taken somewhere near Hastings I think,standard lens.

Guy,Jack!!!!!!!any chance of an analogue section on the main menu??:thumbs:

N

nei1

Taken at Crufts a good few years ago,Ive cropped and straightened:eek:this just to show willing and to try and loosen up a little over these things.

jonoslack

Hi There
Lots of lovely shots - the charm is certainly there.

I had an M6ttl for a few short weeks in 2006 (until the M8 came along). Here are one or two results:

I can't honestly remember which film I was using, but I think they were all shot with the 50 'cron or 90 f2.8

I haven't shot a frame of film since, and despite the attractions . . . I'm not intending to!

N

nei1

D.Brown,wellcome and what a great set of pictures,beautifully printed.Do you still use film or have you moved over to digital?