The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Then I went to a bullfight, my first ever and shot this with the 135/3.4 APO (And yes, I was in the stands, not the arena!):

Okay, enough scanning for now, need to do some work -- but getting the hang of Vuescan on my new Nikon 9000 and have to say scanning is getting pretty easy compared to what we used to have to deal with!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mike, and welcome to another slippery slope with gear LOLOLOLOL!!! Truth be told, I am not far behind you --- need to find me an M7...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jack, Your photos are stunning and really inspiring.

Mike, Congratulations on your new Leica. I'm not sure though, is it an M7 or an MP?:clap:

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Jack, Your photos are stunning and really inspiring.

Mike, Congratulations on your new Leica. I'm not sure though, is it an M7 or an MP?:clap:
Its a M7 .85 with the MP viewfinder, brighter I believe..right Jack? Thats what the description said....

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The MP finder has less propensity to flare-out in bright light than the stock M6ttl/M7 finder.

helenhill

Jack : Your shots are Superb
The Nudes are quite Tasteful & Sensual
& The Bullfight is FAB

Knorp/Bart: The color is Brilliant & resolution sooo Crisp

Michael/MWalker: Congrats on your MP /a Beauty

To me FILM is like a DRUG ...a Worthwhile Addiction

Today i got a 1962 M2 /just CLA'd / which will marry the 1962 Lux
so probably eric will steal the M4
but He will have to fight:angry: for the 1958 DR cron
To me that is the all time BEST lens I have ever tried

I am so PLEASED that so many of us share this addiction....:)
Best to all - H

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Helen! (All the more incentive now to get back into film! :ROTFL:)

A

asabet

Ok, because I have veiwed this thread I bought a M7 [MP]. I haven't shot film in 10 years and I have never gone through the scanning/PS workflow so I might have some questions. But the pictures here are stunning.

I need to claim all of you as dependants on my taxes :D
Mike, this thread cost me a pretty penny as well! Not as much as you, but I can pretty well blame this thread for a Zeiss ZI and three lenses :p.

William, that Neopan shot is great! I've only used the Alien Skin version of that film, which is of course a pale imitation :).

Jack, love the bullfight! Great angle on the bull's approach, and the matador looks to be cornered with that framing.

N

nei1

This was taken at the Queens birthday salute just outside the tower of london.This is a mixture of smoke from the cannon fire and film grain;incredible noise and smell from the guns.

leica m4 2 50mm summicron tri x 1250asa

Last edited:

emmawest72

Another one with Neopan 1600/ M4-2 and 35mm. This is one of my sons at a wedding where his ball was much more fun than the champagne...

emmawest72

Thanks Helen and Amin. Glad you enjoyed.

M6/50mm/TriX - i just can't get these tones with those non film cameras...what were they called again??

helenhill

FAB shot... Love the Mood
kind of Noir & yet possibly one could see a comedic turn

Best to You- h

This was taken at the Queens birthday salute just outside the tower of london.This is a mixture of smoke from the cannon fire and film grain;incredible noise and smell from the guns.

leica m4 2 50mm summicron tri x 1250asa