The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

N

nei1

Leica M4 2 50 f2 or 35 f1.4 taken at the elephant fair on lord elliots estate in devon.

helenhill

JWW : Love the DC shots in particular the angle of the 2nd shot

Neil: As usual...Spot on Moody & Cool

Best-H :)

Don Hutton

This is a vacation snap - the interesting thing though, is that it's shot on ultra high resolution Adox CMS - note the eye crop - you could make a grainless, razor sharp 16x24 from a scan like this. 35mm ASPH cron wide open.

N

nei1

Don its a good idea to put a detail up,this is from the above at 100% or just over 25x17inches.

This is tri x at 1250asa.

Last edited:

Don Hutton

The snap is full frame 35mm - prints at 16.5 x25 inches at 300DPI. The crop is at 100% - would be a 1.5 x 1.3 inch crop from that 16x25 inch print... That film in a Leica M is a whole different game.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Don, What a beautiful little girl! The capture is splendid (the light and the fine grain). Do you develop this film yourself, or do you have a lab that can handle it?

Don Hutton

You have to do it yourself with their developer (Adotech) - very easy and very fast to do. The film is very slow, but well enough suited to fast Leica lenses and decent light. I rate it at 16 but that's frequently enough for 1/60-1/125ths at f4 (and for the ultimate resolution, you don't want to stop fast Leica glass down much more than that). And thanks for the lovely comment about my daughter!

E

erichill

Eric,
The car shot is fantastic. The dark tones are just perfect to me.

Cheers
William
Thank you for your comment. I am sorry to be so slow in replying but being new to this site I had to sit my wife down and show me how to navigate. Yes we can thank the 1600 neopan for the dark tones, All the best eric

Last edited:

Erik Five

M6 or M4 with 21 3.4 SA Delta 3200 rated at 1250 me thinks.

MP with Canon 0.95

MP with Canon 0.95 Hp5+ rated 200

Same combo as above

MP + Zeiss 21 2.8 + Velvia 50

M7 + 50 Lux E46 Pre asph + Hp5+

Edit: Hmm... Seems like they lost a lot of punch from the originals. They are all brighter. Had to delete Nocti shot cause it didnt look right at all...

Erik Five

Thanks! I also like the second shot atufte. It looks like Norway :) Your shot is bright on the top left Helen. Do your M2 has a light leak or is it just sunlight?