The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

N

nei1

Thanks Helen,great shot of Eric by the way,am so jealous of that 50 lux,all the best ..............Neil.

JimCollum

Leica M2, 35mm preasph Lux, Tri-x, developed in dixactol (a compensating staining developer)

Last edited:
D

ddk

I'm delighted and bewildered by the quality of the images in this thread and sorry to have discovered it so late. Every single picture is superb here, just can't figure out what went wrong in the digital threads. Please don't take this the wrong way but I can't figure out why the same photographers who have posted such amazing images here are content with mere average works in the digital threads? Have we really taken such huge step backwards from film into digital?

JimCollum

Took a roll of Porta 160 through the neighborhood

35 preasph Lux, all shots wide open at 1.4 (love this lens)

Homemade skateboard park (can often hear the wheels late at night)

helenhill

m4 & 50 lux ....
First shot; fuzzy wuzzy
2nd Shot: Loved the NYPD Body language / very casual as opposed to hardcore Police :grin:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Helen, really like the bridge shot. Cold and gritty in the city (sorry :eek:). And the gull looks a bit bat-signal-ish. Nice.

MikeScecina

Workshop Member
Jim,

Those interior shots are beautiful. I love how the texture of the carpet, especially on the stairs, and fabrics just seem to emerge from out of the grains.

helenhill

Thanx Tim....
Enjoying Everyone's Posts in this Thread :)

Spying in Rear View Window
& Moi with sleeping Lulubelle...:rolleyes:

cam

i'm ducking my head and NOT really looking but i love all the pictures!!!

(self-preservation, you understand. i'm one of those who so much prefers the look of film but isn't ready to go there yet.)

keep my lust up! one day i will succumb....

(in the meanwhile, i'll continue to sneak peaks between my fingers)

N

nei1

2 from last week using the new to me kodak 400cn,cant say I love it,seems to give a flatter image than normal film.
Does anyone know if this should be scanned as black and white or colour neg,thanks.Neil.

Last edited:

fotografz

2 from last week using the new to me kodak 400cn,cant say I love it,seems to give a flatter image than normal film.
Does anyone know if this should be scanned as black and white or colour neg,thanks.Neil.
CN scans well ... you just have to push the contrast a bit ... but it's wide latitude let's you push it pretty far without as much grain penelity.

I scan it as 16 bit RGB color and convert to B&W in PS while still keeping the RGB color space ... seems to provide the most data to work with, and allows you to add slight color tone to warm or cool the shot and richen it up a bit. I add 3 points of red and 3 points of yellow to a neutral B&W shot when printing people.

helenhill

HEY NEIL
I really Quite Like those shots...not flat to my EYE:bugeyes:
Their Moody and have an Allure all their own...Beautiful
:) xo