The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

JPlomley

Wow, this thread is like the energizer bunny.....

Anyway, times are tough, no doubt about it. I asked my street brother here for a shot, and he said, "not my face brother, take the hand, look at the cuts and blood. I play this thing 12 hours a day". I took one image and dropped him five bucks. Shot wide open to separate the hand.

Leica M7 + 35/2 Cron Asph
1/250th at f/2
Kodak TMAX-400 processed in Xtol (1:1)

Thanks for lOOking,

Jeff

Lloyd

Wow, this thread is like the energizer bunny.....

Anyway, times are tough, no doubt about it. I asked my street brother here for a shot, and he said, "not my face brother, take the hand, look at the cuts and blood. I play this thing 12 hours a day". I took one image and dropped him five bucks. Shot wide open to separate the hand.

Leica M7 + 35/2 Cron Asph
1/250th at f/2
Kodak TMAX-400 processed in Xtol (1:1)

Thanks for lOOking,

Jeff
Great shot. Beautiful processing.:salute:

wjlapier

WHAT a WONDERFUL Set, Scott
as usual Your whacked out Sense of Humor Shines....:clap:

Lovely gradation of Tones
I enjoyed This immensely and I'll Join in and make myself a Drink... Cheers ! :p
I agree! Great set of photos. Me thinks I need to hit the bar scene for something different.

Thanx for sharing.

JPlomley

Scott, lloyd, cheers for the feedback. Enjoyed your images immensely as well Scott. What film/developer/scanner are you using?

Concerning the M7, LOVE IT. Best damn analogue camera I have ever owned. In fact, I'm thinking of flipping one of my M8's for a second M7 so I can shoot B&W in one and chrome film in the other. Man does the Leica glass ever do chrome film justice. So much detail, it is like 645 quality.

So far, no problem with low light metering. If the scene looks tricky, I'll pull out my Sekonic 1-degree spot meter should time allow. But so far, the meter is extremely accurate....surprisingly, accurate enough to shoot chrome film.

Stuart Richardson

The meter in the M7 is fantastic (so is the one in the MP)...few cameras work so consistently and precisely. The nice thing about center weighted is that once you work with it awhile, you always know what you are going to get...there is no mystery about what it is using to calculate exposure like there is in matrix metering.

JPlomley

The nice thing about center weighted is that once you work with it awhile, you always know what you are going to get...there is no mystery about what it is using to calculate exposure like there is in matrix metering.
Yep, no truer words have been spoken. I was not getting results like I am from the M7 with either my previous F5 matrix metering or EOS 1v E-TTL. Amazing, a white painted dot.....the most elegant solutions are often the simplest.

JPlomley

Under the Pigeon Stoop......

not the best place to park the VW :eek:

M7
35 Cron Asph
TMY-2 in Xtol (straight)

Thanks for l:bugeyes:king,

Jeff

N

nei1

Scott,one of my strongest and favourate memories was of walking along the north cornwall coastal path on a very blustery winters day,not another person in sight and coming across a beautiful young lady struggling with a large canvas being buffeted by the wind.The canvas in one hand wedged on her hip,brush in the other,paint on the floor,sweeping her hair from her face when the wind allowed,stunning....

Scott G

Leica's can do color? Oooh, this could get interesting!

Nope, I checked with a psychic. After I woke her up, all she could see in my future was fuzzy B&W :thumbs:

View attachment 15736

I'm going to live my life in color vicariously thought you Helen! Let's see more.:D

Last edited:

helenhill

Well Scott
i'm a B&W girl at Heart...(neopan 1600 /tri x or arista 400 /ilford Pan 50)
even down to a passion for classic noir films
but Spring brought out a curiosity
of lets see what the old Leica can do

and what does the the Psychic say in the Cards for Me
is it The Magus or The Tower ...:ROTFL:

Scott G

Helen,

I think it's hard for her to foresee your future. I'm pretty sure when she is not being psychic for money, she works here.......

View attachment 15744

I predict nothing but greatness for you though:thumbup:

Last edited:

helenhill

Thank You Lloyd and I will try your suggestion/provia 100

here is the M2/ 21SA /Flatiron Building
and the canon 50/1.2 learning how to see or rather Focus with it....

Best to All-H

Last edited: