The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

JPlomley

Helen, that shot with the Canon is amazing. The OOF rendition and color harmony is just incredible. Did you deliberately throw this OOF, or just not focus fast enough?

helenhill

Chicago...M7 35 lux
MWalker/Michael: WOW ...Love it Michael / You give Chicago Great Atmosphere !

JPlomley/Jeff: It was starting to rain quite hard
needless to say I took that shot FAST
so the OOF is Lovely but would have preferred the mailbox sharper
and I do AGREE the Colors & rendering are Quite Lovely !!

I look Forward to work more w/ this lens
(my FAV though is still my 50 Lux)

I am thinking about the Zeiss 25mm ......has ANYONE tried it ???

Cheers!- H ;)

Stuart Richardson

Nice series Scott! I really like the first one of the reflections and the second to last one of the dogs...

Here are a few from my friend's concert. It was a 75 summilux on Neopan 1600 in rodinal...grain galore. Truth be told, I was lazy and developing other stuff at the same time...I should haved waited and done it in a speed-increasing developer. The resulting negs have loads of grain (though nice grain), but they are quite underexposed. I should have taken a better reading...the lamp behind him tricked the meter and made me underexpose them.

His music is very quiet and sad, so there is not much movement going on...

Scott G

Stuart,
I love the grain and the exposure, especially in the last one.

How do you like the Neopan 1600? I've been using Neopan 400 rated @ 1600 in Xtol and have been pretty happy with the results, but have never compared it to the true 1600 flavor.

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Scott -- Neopan 1600 is a lovely film. I have not compared it to pushed Neopan 400, but frankly, I have not met a Fuji black and white film that I don't like. Acros and the Neopans are the most beautiful black and white films I have used. But I think Neopan 1600 in Xtol is beautiful and has a much smoother, though still nicely grainy, look.

Here are some examples of it in Xtol. Grain is really dictated by exposure. If you give it a proper exposure, grain will be unobtrusive, if you underexpose, the grain will really show up. Still with a Leica...

In this one you can really see how the grain becomes visible in the underexposed areas...this may partly be a function of the scanner, though I am not sure.

helenhill

Quite COOOOL Scott & Stuart

Scott: Way Fab the train reflection Shot
Stuart: really love that shot with the blonde w/glassesand the man next to her in the baseball cap /LOVE the tones...Beautiful contrasts

Last edited:
S

sclamb

I found this in some Scala slides, taken with my old M6 and I think the 90AA. I don't have a very good scanner right now so this is not the best scan, and I know there are some blown highlights. I remember the day I took this picture, and when I look at it I see how much he has aged in the past 11 years, although he is still great for his age.

I also found a thousand or so slides that I really must scan, if only for the memories.

Simon

emmawest72

Jeff,

Thanks! Very appreciated.

I'm scanning all my film (35mm and 120mm) with an Epson V700 ( with either epson scan/ vuescan or silverfast SE). I'm currently using the stock film holders but might soon get the betterscanning.com model. So far,I'm very happy with the scanner - I have already printed a few prints ( 11x17inch) and the results are great.

If you would like to have more info please feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers
Wil