The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

R9 -Switching between DMR & film back

Nitnaros

Hi Folks,
Just wondering who is using a R8 or R9 in both "worlds" - with DMR and with film?

The switching process is not that painful, but I am wondering if it can have negative side effects on the mechanical stability of the DMR alignment from going back and forth.

(Background: My R9/DMR had to go to Leica NJ for "alignment" of the back with the body).

Any body doing that? Any experience?

Of course I can still take my M7 instead, but sometimes it has to be a SLR and I love the feel of my R9.

Peter

doug

My R8 is digital only. For film I prefer the Leicaflex SL for its amazing viewfinder.

robsteve

Subscriber
Once you get it together and working well, I wouldn't mess with it. You can find R8 pretty cheap now if you want to shoot film and have a backup body.

Robert

Stuart Richardson

I had no problems taking it off to shoot film, though I did not do it particularly often -- I love the R9 for film (it's all I have for it now), but I used an R6 in that role.