The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What about the M7 0.85?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I've been looking at the M7 and some used prices look interesting.

What have your user experiences been with it? I read conflicting reports as to it being nosier than the M6 or the same.

Pro's, Con's or comments?

I just love to over research any purchase. :lecture:

Riccis

John:

I have an a-la-carte M7 with the 0.85 (received about 2 months ago). It is perfect when using a 75 or 90 and, at least for me, the 1.25x magnifier is no longer needed. I don't know what to say about being noisier but I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Stuart Richardson

I have an M7 .85. The VF magnification has no effect on the noise of course...I have found the M7 to be a tiny bit quieter than my MP. It is noticeably quieter at 1/30th to 1s, as there are no whirring gears. The .85 is great if you don't use glasses and don't really care for 28mm lenses. If you shoot a 35/75 combo, it is a great viewfinder magnification.
The M3 is superb for 50mm, 90mm and 135mm lenses if you don't mind the lack of a meter. I find that the M7 is the M that I reach for in most situations -- the AE is great and it is really nice to see the shutter speeds in the viewfinder.