The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Error 06 on Mamiya 645 AFD II body

Tibor

Hi,

Two days ago I got an Error 06 when shooting with the Mamiya 645 AFD II body and a HM401 film back. The film stopped at frame 13 with Error 06 message in the viewfinder. I tried a couple of more shots and the shutter worked but the film did not proceed. I moved the film back to the Mamiya 645AFD III body and continue shooting without any problem. When I received the film back from the lab the frame 13 was a multiexposure shot, everything else was OK.

Since I moved the back to another body and continued shooting without a problem this excludes the possibility of a film back problem and it seems there is a problem with the 645 AFD II body.

Previously I did not experience any problem with this body except for the fast battery drainage if batteries are left in the grip - they drain overnight (I do not have this problem with the AFD or the AFD III body). I use Sanyo Eneloops.

Does anyone here have any idea of what Error 06 is and how to eliminate this problem?