The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

emmawest72

Cheers Peter - much appreciated words.

Well, I'm on a roll so here's another one with the hassy/ 80mm and HP5. Hope you are not getting bored with the subject. I'm off to paris tomorrow for some street shooting, bag is loaded with Tri-X and I'm excited as a kid:)

ReeRay

I don't have the fabulous images that you guys have but I do have an Epson V700 as Emma does. I'm impressed with this scanner and especially the Epson bundled software. I've treated myself to the BetterScan MF holders which have certainly increased sharpness.

Mamiya RZ and Velvia

Both slides are some 20 years old and were in a pretty dismal state.

p.s. this is also the first time I uploaded images so I hope they come through OK

Don Hutton

Very impressive results.

I own and use a bunch of different scanners - for anyone contemplating a consumer flatbed, I'd highly recommend Doug Fisher's Betterscanning holders - they really are extremely worthwhile in getting the best possible from your scanner. They are without question the best money I have spent on scanners. They won't turn your V750 into a drum scanner, but they will help you to realize the scanner's full potential.

helenhill

Emmawest72 / William:

Wonderfully alluring.... Your shot w/ your son in the mirror ....
the Nikon FE shot of your Wife is a PURRfect View of what I would think of
if I played a Ballerina....Graceful & Beautiful

Light Leaks can be so Atmospheric & Charming as viewed in your Beach shot
:)All the Best -Helen

N

nei1

Taken a good few years ago.olympus om1 with a 28mm:wtf:lens

Its the lord mayors show in london,vips waiting to be seen.

N

nei1

I like this a lot too. I've always wondered what the crucial ingredient is in getting the 19th century look? Choice of developer, or is it something you achieve later in computer PP?
Oxide blu,Sizifo,Helen,thanks,glad you liked it,no secret here Im afraid,the view was just as you see it.The lighting made you stop in your tracks and the chimneys pumping out,presumably,steam as this was taken in London reminds
me of an older industrial past...........Neil.