The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

M

msglueck

Mamiya 7, 80mm + 220 Konica Centuria 400 pro:

Rolleiflex 6008AF + Schneider Xenotar 2.8/20mm + 120 Kodak Ektar 100:

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Nice photos msglueck. I like the everyday life sort of feel...I think the color negative helps with that. Also, funny to see someone else using the Mamiya 7 and Rollei 6008AF...they complement each other well though, don't you think?

bensonga

Many great images here!

I'm finally getting around to scanning a few recent shots myself. This one was taken with my recently acquired Leica R8 and 90mm Elmarit on Fuji Provia 100. I took the same shot with my Canon EOS 1V, 85mm f1.8 lens and same film. The Canon image has more snap and is more saturated, but in the end.....I preferred the Leica image. It looks more "true to life" to my eyes. Even so, the Canon did amazingly well....I was impressed with it and would have been very satisfied with it...if I didn't have the Leica shot for comparison.

The slide was scanned with my trusty old Canonscan FS2710. One of these days, I'll get the new Nikon 5000 scanner hooked up.

Gary
Alaska

bensonga

Here's another with the Leica R8 and 90mm Elmarit. This one on Ilford Delta 100 and also scanned with the Canon FS2710.

What more can I say.....I like taking photos of machinery, old junk etc. :)

Gary
Alaska

bensonga

One more....same details as above. Could probably use a bit more sharpening. I use the Vuescan software with my FS2710 and only apply sharpening in CS3.

Gary
Alaska

Francois_A

Nice images Gary!
It is sometimes surprising what one can get for the price of a digital back! ;)

Here is a 2 minutes exposure on Plus-X at f/11 with mamiya 7II and 65mm. This about 1/4 of the whole image.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful shot Gary

Here is a bad neg but got Good memories....quite a number of years ago
Minox / Restaurant in NYC ...
A shot of Eric with our Dear Old Friend Jimmy Page :)
Err, was that around 1968 or so, and was that restaurant at Bleeker and Macdougal?
That wall and that railing look vaguely familiar.
-bob

Francois_A

First image on Fuji Acros. Mamiya 7 II with 43mm and 1.8 ND filter. 2 sec @ f/11. The negative is a little thin; maybe an extra stop exposure would have helped. The film seems to be not overly blue sensitive and might not need a yellow filter.

Francois_A

Here is a crop near the central part. The scan was done on Epson V700; nonetheless, the amount of detail is excellent for a wide angle.:thumbup:

Stuart Richardson

Nice Francois -- the 43mm is showing the kind of detail that it is known for -- I am not sure ANY lens I have is sharper...and I have a lot of lenses. How did you process the Acros? I find it does very well at ISO 100, but that depends a lot on processing. I prefer it in Rodinal 1:100, Xtol 1:1 or FX-39.

Francois_A

Nice Francois -- the 43mm is showing the kind of detail that it is known for -- I am not sure ANY lens I have is sharper...and I have a lot of lenses. How did you process the Acros? I find it does very well at ISO 100, but that depends a lot on processing. I prefer it in Rodinal 1:100, Xtol 1:1 or FX-39.
Thanks Stuart!
For processing, I used HC-110 dilution B for 5 minutes with 10 sec agitation (4 inversions) every minute. I also shot Plus-X under the same lighting condition and processed it with the Acros. The Plus-X roll, which I rated at 100 ISO, turned out perfect.
I've used Rodinal and Xtol in the past, but not FX-39.
In a couple months, I'll have a real darkroom and will start experimenting with some divided developer recipes from Steve Anchell's Darkroom Cookbook.

helenhill

Err, was that around 1968 or so, and was that restaurant at Bleeker and Macdougal?
That wall and that railing look vaguely familiar.
-bob
Oh Hi Bob
Actually that shot was taken around the early 1990's
(taken w- a minox /bad neg)
when Jimmy was touring w/Robert Plant

A Tapas Restaurant: 'La Paella' / 9th street off of 3rd avenue
a restaurant Eric & I Did the decorative painting for: old world Spain ....
and that Mural behind Eric & Jimmy
was painted by Eric / a copy of a Picasso
given to us by Richard Picasso (whose Mother was Marie Therese)
We did Richard's restaurant as well /Three Degrees North -Malaysian Cuisine-was on Spring Street off 6th ave

best to You -H :)

Last edited:

bensonga

It really is hard to choose between the Leica R8/90mm Elmarit and the Canon EOS 1V/85mm f1.8 results. Both look very good to me.

This one from the Canon 1V. This really is a terrific film SLR....

Gary
Alaska

Last edited:

bensonga

One from a few winters ago. Nikon F3HP, 28mm f2.8 AIS (the latest version), Fuji Sensia 100 (outdated, not sure why I ever bought this film), Canon FS2710.

Gary
Alaska

Lloyd

Nice images Gary!
It is sometimes surprising what one can get for the price of a digital back! ;)

Here is a 2 minutes exposure on Plus-X at f/11 with mamiya 7II and 65mm. This about 1/4 of the whole image.
That is a beautiful image.