Site Sponsors
Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 4222

Thread: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

  1. #1301
    Super Moderator Cindy Flood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    118

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Same photo. #1 scanned by Lab and #2 scanned by me. F6 and Kodak T-Max 100. Any thoughts on which one looks better. What should I realistically expect? Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    1.


    2.


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt,
    It is hard to tell at such small sizes, but my observation is that you pulled a lot more detail out. Look at the shadows, you have detail, they have black. You could make a choice to place the shadows darker, but that would be a creative decision. At least you have the info in your scan to make that choice. Also, look at the detail on the instrument. Yours has more detail. You do have a green color cast on my monitor. I'm on my laptop right now, so not sure if that is your photo or my monitor. You could fix that green with a simple curve adjustment. It looks to me like your lab did ok on the sharpening. When I had my film scanned at Walgreens, they sharpened the heck out of it. Your lab scan looks to be of a pretty high quality.

  2. #1302
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    I think Cindy is spot-on with her observations. I might back off a tiny bit on the local contrast or USM on your scan, but really, that's about the only thing I can think of, aside from what Cindy said about picking a black point. Your midtones are gorgeous!

  3. #1303
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Viablex1/Cindy/Maggie: Thank you all for you comments. I'm scanning the Fuji Provia roll right now on my VP750. It will be interesting to compare the lab, and my own, scans for that. With digital images, i have a clearer idea of what each camera system's capable of achieving. I'll have to reach that understanding with film. Creative decisions will vary the outcome; but, at least that defines the achievable parameters.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  4. #1304
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Early morning at Hong Kong Harbour. Olympus OM2N with 50/1.4 (Fuji Velvia film).

  5. #1305
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    2,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Matt -- a good general rule of scanning is to keep things as natural and flat as possible in the scanner, and then do any real adjustments like curves or sharpening in photoshop. Most scanner software is a distant second compared to photoshop. At times, I have found that scanning negatives as a positive and inverting them in photoshop has also improved things. Turn off all sharpening and levels adjustments in the scanner, just set the black point at the start of your histogram, and the white point at the end. Then scan. You should get a flat, boring looking photo. But when you bring that into photoshop you have all the information available to work with. In a way it is a lot like how some take raw digital photos -- just concentrate on not clipping when you capture, and then make your adjustments later...
    My scanner software is now much better, so I don't work this way anymore, but here is a before and after from a few years ago. Not a great photo, but demonstrates the difference and what my initial scans looked like...

    Before:




    P.S. Nice shot Ocean! Great light you captured...
    My photos are here: http://www.stuartrichardson.com and more recent work here: http://stuartrichardson.tumblr.com/ Please have a look at my book!
    My lab is here: http://www.customphotolab.is and on facebook

  6. #1306
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    A few photos from the one and only roll of film I ever ran through my Rollei 35S. It was stolen with the second roll inside of it. Stupid thief. I liked that little camera.

    Baskin-Robbins Bike, Minneapolis, MN, 1987


    Doghouse Chair, Minneapolis, MN, 1987


    Rabbit Roof Wendy, Minneapolis, MN, 1987


    Bus Pass, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

  7. #1307
    Super Moderator Cindy Flood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    118

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    These Rollei 35 photos are very nice, Maggie. What a shame that yours was stolen. I've often thought that I would like to upgrade my scale focus Minox EL to a Rollei 35, but haven't done so yet.

  8. #1308
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Flood View Post
    These Rollei 35 photos are very nice, Maggie. What a shame that yours was stolen. I've often thought that I would like to upgrade my scale focus Minox EL to a Rollei 35, but haven't done so yet.
    Thanks, Cindy! I've toyed with getting another one, but back in '87, after the Rollei was stolen, my dad gave me his Olympus XA and it's been my wee camera since then.

  9. #1309
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    I went back to the Lab's scans. My color scans sucked! This film stuff is tricky. I'm sending my latest rolls to North Coast Photo tomorrow. Here's a couple i processed today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

    1. Nikon F6; 50mm f/1.4G; Kodak T-Max 100

    2. Nikon F6; 50mm f/1.4G; Fuji Provia 400

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  10. #1310
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Early morning at Hong Kong Harbour. Olympus OM2N with 50/1.4 (Fuji Velvia film).
    Ocean: Nice photo. The framing, detail, and colors are excellent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Richardson View Post
    Matt -- a good general rule of scanning is to keep things as natural and flat as possible in the scanner, and then do any real adjustments like curves or sharpening in photoshop. Most scanner software is a distant second compared to photoshop. At times, I have found that scanning negatives as a positive and inverting them in photoshop has also improved things. Turn off all sharpening and levels adjustments in the scanner, just set the black point at the start of your histogram, and the white point at the end. Then scan. You should get a flat, boring looking photo. But when you bring that into photoshop you have all the information available to work with. In a way it is a lot like how some take raw digital photos -- just concentrate on not clipping when you capture, and then make your adjustments later...
    My scanner software is now much better, so I don't work this way anymore, but here is a before and after from a few years ago. Not a great photo, but demonstrates the difference and what my initial scans looked like...
    Stuart: Thanks for the guidance. I'll try that, and keep working at it. My software is Silverfast Ai Studio; not the easiest to work with. Their manuals are very obtuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    A few photos from the one and only roll of film I ever ran through my Rollei 35S. It was stolen with the second roll inside of it. Stupid thief. I liked that little camera.
    Rabbit Roof Wendy, Minneapolis, MN, 1987
    Maggie: Nice work. Nice hair on Rabbit Roof Wendy (???). Reflections provide additional dimension.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  11. #1311
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Stuart and Steve,

    Thanks for your kind comments.

    Cheers,

  12. #1312
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Thanks, Matt! You're the second person that's complimented Wendy on her hair!

  13. #1313
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Thanks, Matt! You're the second person that's complimented Wendy on her hair!
    We used to call that "big hair". She probably doesn't have the same "do" these days.

  14. #1314
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    We used to call that "big hair". She probably doesn't have the same "do" these days.
    Nope, she doesn't!

  15. #1315
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    An old friend and ex-roommate of mine:

    The Future Rev. Eric H. Meter, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

  16. #1316
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    An old friend and ex-roommate of mine:

    The Future Rev. Eric H. Meter, Minneapolis, MN, 1987
    Maggie: Great shot. I wonder if there's a connection to his current occupation? You captured it just right. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  17. #1317
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Here's one that I'm going to have to keep reprocessing. There's two others from that roll that i'll also work on. Need to advance my CS5 skills. Some photos just take you back. Thanks, Matt

    My good friend Diane in the 1970's; Nikkormat; Tri-X Pan


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  18. #1318
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Early morning at Hong Kong Harbour. Olympus OM2N with 50/1.4 (Fuji Velvia film).
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    A few photos from the one and only roll of film I ever ran through my Rollei 35S. It was stolen with the second roll inside of it. Stupid thief. I liked that little camera.

    Baskin-Robbins Bike, Minneapolis, MN, 1987



    Rabbit Roof Wendy, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

    L]
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    I went back to the Lab's scans. My color scans sucked! This film stuff is tricky. I'm sending my latest rolls to North Coast Photo tomorrow. Here's a couple i processed today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

    1. Nikon F6; 50mm f/1.4G; Kodak T-Max 100


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Here's one that I'm going to have to keep reprocessing. There's two others from that roll that i'll also work on. Need to advance my CS5 skills. Some photos just take you back. Thanks, Matt

    My good friend Diane in the 1970's; Nikkormat; Tri-X Pan


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Super Images Here Y'All!

  19. #1319
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Here's one that I'm going to have to keep reprocessing. There's two others from that roll that i'll also work on. Need to advance my CS5 skills. Some photos just take you back. Thanks, Matt

    My good friend Diane in the 1970's; Nikkormat; Tri-X Pan


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    A lot of nice things going on here Matt. Great portrait.

  20. #1320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Here's one that I'm going to have to keep reprocessing. There's two others from that roll that i'll also work on. Need to advance my CS5 skills. Some photos just take you back. Thanks, Matt

    My good friend Diane in the 1970's; Nikkormat; Tri-X Pan


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    That's really good. Not just making an obligatory great photo post - this is an outstanding portrait.

  21. #1321
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by sizifo View Post
    That's really good. Not just making an obligatory great photo post - this is an outstanding portrait.
    I concur. That really is a great photo. I love the dress, especially- really speaks of that time.

  22. #1322
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Some more from that one roll from my Rollei 35:

    Glyph, Minneapolis, MN, 1987


    Formula, Minneapolis, MN, 1987


    Upstairs Addition, Minneapolis, MN, 1987


    Uptown Eurocart, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

  23. #1323
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Super Images Here Y'All!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    A lot of nice things going on here Matt. Great portrait.
    Quote Originally Posted by sizifo View Post
    That's really good. Not just making an obligatory great photo post - this is an outstanding portrait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    I concur. That really is a great photo. I love the dress, especially- really speaks of that time.
    Steve/Lloyd/sizifo/Maggie: Thank you all!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  24. #1324
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Some more from that one roll from my Rollei 35:

    Uptown Eurocart, Minneapolis, MN, 1987
    Maggie: Very nice. Your images are so clear with good dynamic range. The pp is excellent. I like this one with the eurocart and earmuffs. That cart probably wouldn't be very good in the snow, eh? Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  25. #1325
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Maggie: Very nice. Your images are so clear with good dynamic range. The pp is excellent. I like this one with the eurocart and earmuffs. That cart probably wouldn't be very good in the snow, eh?
    Thanks, Matt! Looking at these old negs makes me want to get another Rollei 35. Like I need another camera.

    I reckon that cart would be complete rubbish in the snow. I wonder if they sold many of them? Great for any other time, I'd expect.

  26. #1326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by sizifo View Post
    That's really good. Not just making an obligatory great photo post - this is an outstanding portrait.
    +1 here. Love it a lot.

  27. #1327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    had some fun with a ricoh gr1. the first camera my father gave it me. very snappy.
    shot with some expired fuji 800npz.



  28. #1328
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    The VW SporTruck! Cool!

  29. #1329
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    A few shots from the F3 and the Nikkor 28/2.8:

    Lara, I-70 Overlook,Colorado, June, 1989

    T-Max

    Pasture with Tree, Craig, NE, January, 1987


    IR Carwash, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

    Kodak HIE for those two.

  30. #1330
    tokengirl
    Guest

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    A few shots from the F3 and the Nikkor 28/2.8:

    Lara, I-70 Overlook,Colorado, June, 1989

    T-Max

    Pasture with Tree, Craig, NE, January, 1987


    IR Carwash, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

    Kodak HIE for those two.
    These are all great! The first one is off-the-chart fantastic!

  31. #1331
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by tokengirl View Post
    These are all great! The first one is off-the-chart fantastic!
    Wow! Thank you, Claire!!!

  32. #1332
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by tokengirl View Post
    These are all great! The first one is off-the-chart fantastic!
    Totally Agree!

  33. #1333
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Culver City, Ca.
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Maggie,

    I've been completely slammed shooting the last couple of months but had to say how much I've enjoyed your black and whites. They are simply a wonderful documentation of a period of your life that and the images are so full of life and emotion that's it's hard to describe. What I especially like are the seemingly unimportant subjects that become part of your personal history and become an integral part of the story you are telling - whether you're aware of it or not. To my mind and eye, you have the makings of a book that might have broader appeal than you first imagine. They feel like snapshots from the movie of a very interesting life. Most of the images posted in online forums are not really very good, but these are different. In case you hadn't figured it out, I REALLY love them!!!

    Peter Figen

  34. #1334
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by pfigen View Post
    Maggie,

    I've been completely slammed shooting the last couple of months but had to say how much I've enjoyed your black and whites. They are simply a wonderful documentation of a period of your life that and the images are so full of life and emotion that's it's hard to describe. What I especially like are the seemingly unimportant subjects that become part of your personal history and become an integral part of the story you are telling - whether you're aware of it or not. To my mind and eye, you have the makings of a book that might have broader appeal than you first imagine. They feel like snapshots from the movie of a very interesting life. Most of the images posted in online forums are not really very good, but these are different. In case you hadn't figured it out, I REALLY love them!!!

    Peter Figen
    Thank you, Peter! I'm stunned. In the best possible way!

    I was almost crying when I read of John Stovall's death, but your very kind words have actually got me going now. I'm glad that they're at least 50% tears of joy. Thank you. Thank you so much.

    My goodness, what a morning.

  35. #1335
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by tokengirl View Post
    These are all great! The first one is off-the-chart fantastic!
    Wow. Don't know how I managed to miss these, but the above description seems spot on!!

  36. #1336
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Wow. Don't know how I managed to miss these, but the above description seems spot on!!
    Thanks, Lloyd!!

  37. #1337
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    +1 here. Love it a lot.
    Anthony: Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    had some fun with a ricoh gr1. the first camera my father gave it me. very snappy.
    shot with some expired fuji 800npz.
    Anthony: Great photos. The truck's cool; but, I esp. like the loose quality of this one. Yes, "snappy".

    Quote Originally Posted by tokengirl View Post
    These are all great! The first one is off-the-chart fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Totally Agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by pfigen View Post
    Maggie,
    I've been completely slammed shooting the last couple of months but had to say how much I've enjoyed your black and whites. They are simply a wonderful documentation of a period of your life that and the images are so full of life and emotion that's it's hard to describe. What I especially like are the seemingly unimportant subjects that become part of your personal history and become an integral part of the story you are telling - whether you're aware of it or not. To my mind and eye, you have the makings of a book that might have broader appeal than you first imagine. They feel like snapshots from the movie of a very interesting life. Most of the images posted in online forums are not really very good, but these are different. In case you hadn't figured it out, I REALLY love them!!!
    Peter Figen
    Maggie: +1. +1, and well said Peter.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  38. #1338
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Seattle's Post Alley; just south of the Pike Place Market. Today's infamous Gum Wall would be to the left of where I'm standing. Nikkormat w/Kodak Tri-X Pan. Early 1970's. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt



    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  39. #1339
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    A few shots from the F3 and the Nikkor 28/2.8:

    Lara, I-70 Overlook,Colorado, June, 1989

    T-Max

    Pasture with Tree, Craig, NE, January, 1987
    Superb!

  40. #1340
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Seattle's Post Alley; just south of the Pike Place Market. Today's infamous Gum Wall would be to the left of where I'm standing. Nikkormat w/Kodak Tri-X Pan. Early 1970's. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt



    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Awesome!

  41. #1341
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Maggie: +1. +1, and well said Peter.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Seattle's Post Alley; just south of the Pike Place Market. Today's infamous Gum Wall would be to the left of where I'm standing. Nikkormat w/Kodak Tri-X Pan. Early 1970's. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt



    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks, Matt! I love the alleyway shot- it'd make a great album cover, I think!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Superb!
    Thank you, sir!

  42. #1342
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    a few snaps with my Fm2n with a 50 1.2 i just got lately. It's hard to use compare to my old 50 1.4. plus i m used to the rangefinder system, it makes things even harder.
    PanF+/ Tmax dev



  43. #1343
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    a few snaps with my Fm2n with a 50 1.2 i just got lately. It's hard to use compare to my old 50 1.4. plus i m used to the rangefinder system, it makes things even harder.
    PanF+/ Tmax dev
    Looks like some possibilities there. And I know what you mean about going to SLR from rangefinder. I have trouble switching back and forth.

    BTW, ironic that you have that restaurant in the second shot, as it was just referred to in this post on the Digital M thread. http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=472

  44. #1344
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Steve/Maggie: Thank you!

    Anthony: Nice snaps. Very spontaneous. I think driving that way's illegal in most states.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  45. #1345
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Anthoney...So Cool!

  46. #1346
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Looks like some possibilities there. And I know what you mean about going to SLR from rangefinder. I have trouble switching back and forth.

    BTW, ironic that you have that restaurant in the second shot, as it was just referred to in this post on the Digital M thread. http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=472
    Yup. Since I switched to rangefinder, I figured i am a left-eye. so whenever I pick up my fm2n advance crank would just pop into my right eye.

  47. #1347
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Thanks matt and steve for the nice words.

    Matt: "in most states" :P

  48. #1348
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    And now, Lord Bobbington, via my dad's 1970's Konica T3 SLR and 52mm Hexanon lens (I scanned the negatives last night, but I shot them last October):

    Konica Bob on Photography, October, 2009


    Konica Bob, October, 2009


    Konica Bob Side, October, 2009


    Bob Has A Flavor, October, 2009


    Oh, and they're on Kodak Gold 200 film!

  49. #1349
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Maggie...Amazing IQ! Beautiful Set!

  50. #1350
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Maggie...Amazing IQ! Beautiful Set!
    Thanks, Steve! Those old Konica cameras and lenses are really something special, IMO. They've got they're own, very appealing, look. Here's dad's Konicas, via the M8:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •