The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Francois_A

Nice composition! I like the contrast of textures between the bark and the silhouette on the wall. The reflections of windows on the window are intriguing, and contribute to the overall balance.:thumbup:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I like that a lot John. Dream-like indeed. Seems like like the perfect camera to step out of bounds with now and then.

helenhill

JOHN: HOLGAS are Cooool!!!!

These are with my newly Acquired OM1 50/1.4
from our own getdpi Steven Huff /steve8...THANX AGAIN... its a Gem !

The OM is a fantastic camera & a Great Compliment to my M4 & 35 lux
I do Love zeiss glass but am having a hard Time adjusting auto focus on the Contax G1...i much PREFER manual focus

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
JOHN: HOLGAS are Cooool!!!!

These are with my newly Acquired OM1 50/1.4
from our own getdpi Steven Huff /steve8...THANX AGAIN... its a Gem !

The OM is a fantastic camera & a Great Compliment to my M4 & 35 lux
I do Love zeiss glass but am having a hard Time adjusting auto focus on the Contax G1...i much PREFER manual focus
It looks like the OM-1 is a good fit for your style, Helen. This set is really nice.

maddoc

Lil' doc is very cute. Do you think he is dreaming about photography?:angel:

I really like the Ektar 100 with my Rolleiflex, too.
Cindy, thank you ! :D Me thinks he is dreaming about .... milk !! :angel:

Yesterday, I have finished the first roll of Ektar100 with my 500 C/M, keen to see the results ...

helenhill

Cheers & Thanx Francois_A & Cindy

This One makes me giggle....
I suppose I have now joined the EVIL SLR Club....:ROTFL:

Last edited:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Now Helen, I told you the OM's are the nearest thing to an M in an SLR, I've ever used.
and the Zuiko lenses are little jewels. You may want to hunt for the 21/2.0. It is very nice.
An example from my 5D.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Well, I finally did it. I got off my butt and processed a couple of rolls of film. Decided to just give it a go at the kitchen sink. It's been 30 years! But it went pretty well and I'm encouraged to forge ahead with film.

The scanner is a refurb Epson Perfection I bought 8 years ago for $150 to scan line art. So it's definitely a weak link. But looking at the negs from the 40 y.o. Rollei with a loupe is almost as good as sex. What a lovely camera. I will look forward to trying to live up to its legacy.

Best,
Tim

p.s. This is one my first scans. It's Lauren and Sarah, nieces. Film is TXP320 in d76 1:1. Not art, but a beginning.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Helen and maddoc! And speaking of drunkeness, I think it's interesting how excited I am about film now. As wonderful as the digital cameras are, each successive camera buy started with outrageous enthusiasm but that feeling only lasted a short time before I wanted something "more". I'm not immune to the lure of better digital and will no doubt succumb again in the future. But I think it's different with this film camera. It feels like there's an infinite amount of experimentation and growth ahead. Different films and developers, actual silver prints, better scans, etc. I'm not ready to put down any of my digital cams, but now feel that film has rounded out my options in a much more satisfying way than a new 4/3 cam (as an example) might. Which is not to say I wouldn't love to have a D-Lux 4. :rolleyes: