Site Sponsors
Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 4227

Thread: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Post Thanks / Like

Re: More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Dragos: Nicely done! I had to google that camera. Looks very cool. You probably get some looks when your shooting with it.
    Thanks, Matt! I did get some looks and comments, but I think for the most part people didn't understand what they were looking at. Got smiles from the older crowd, got confused looks from the younger crowd. It's all good =).

Here's one of my botched shots. I thought the shutter hadn't gone off, so I manually re-cocked it and fired off another shot, and ended up with a double exposure. I kinda like it:

Also my attempt at macro with this camera (very shallow DOF indeed!). The difficult part about doing macro with a TLR is the parallax between the lenses at close range. There's a parallax indicator with this camera, so I know where the top of my actual image is, but for the most part I'm still shooting blind so I have to go back and forth between the two lenses to get the composure correct, all while seeing the image upside down and having to adjust the exposure for the extended bellows (there's an indication of that on the glass as well). Fun times! =)
    -Dragos
    Panasonic GH1/G1, Canon FTb(n)/F-1, Mamiya C330F/RB67 Pro SD, Chamonix 45N-2, Nikon F5 + Assorted Lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, LOVE the market pictures!

Dragos, these are sensational! Like Matt, I had to google that camera too, it looks very cool. You inspired to me to consider MF, so a friend loaned me her Mamiya M6. We will see...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Dragos: Fun times indeed. The daisy shot looks good.
    Scott: Thanks. Looking forward to your MF photos.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

1972. University District Street Fair (next to the University of Washington). Nikkormat. Thanks for looking down memory lane with me. Cheers, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool photos, Matt! Were they shot on Plus-X?

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, amazing pics, I am impressed and amazed that you still have the negs from back in the day.

I was cleaning the house over the weekend (a rarity) and came across a box full of photos from my days bike racing in Italy, circa 1999 or so. Including a box of slides....and I have never shot slides in my life! No idea who shot them or what the camera was, or even how I got them, it must have been one of my teammates.

But sure enough they are me, doing a training ride up the Monte Grappa, an absolute brute of a climb of around 15 miles, that was included in this years Tour of Italy.

Believe me, it is not blurred because of my speed, I was never a climber, more of a diesel on the long climbs like this

It was always completely different weather at the top, usually covered in cold fog like this.

Damn I miss that place!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Cool photos, Matt! Were they shot on Plus-X?
    Maggie: Thanks. Kodak Tri-X Pan. I'm behind on my metadata bookkeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G View Post
    Matt, amazing pics, I am impressed and amazed that you still have the negs from back in the day.

I was cleaning the house over the weekend (a rarity) and came across a box full of photos from my days bike racing in Italy, circa 1999 or so. Including a box of slides....and I have never shot slides in my life! No idea who shot them or what the camera was, or even how I got them, it must have been one of my teammates.

But sure enough they are me, doing a training ride up the Monte Grappa, an absolute brute of a climb of around 15 miles, that was included in this years Tour of Italy.

Believe me, it is not blurred because of my speed, I was never a climber, more of a diesel on the long climbs like this

It was always completely different weather at the top, usually covered in cold fog like this.

Damn I miss that place!
    Scott: Thanks. They were all in a box in a dark place for a long time.
    Cool biking photos. I'm impressed. It's great to have photos like that. The last one is an excellent image. It seems to capture the feeling of what those training runs by yourself must have been like.

Oddly enough, I've been scanning 12 slides every night of Italy, circa 1983. My wife was there studying for 6 months and I went over at the end of December. Many more nights of scanning to go.

Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like

My friend from Florida sent me her Mamiya 6 to play with. Unfortunately she didn't send me her Coolscan 9000 along with it, so here are some pretty unsharp scans from my V750. Some are fairly bleak, which fits my mood these days, so sorry about that...

By the way Dragos, this is all your fault!

Overall I really like the camera, and medium format film is like a giant oversized cartoon version compared to 35mm. Watching those huge negatives hanging up to dry is mesmerizing.

My hesitation is that these shots don't really look like film, to me at least. Maybe it is the smooth and unsharp scans, dunno, but what draws me to 35mm film is that it looks like...film! Not so sure about MF yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Some more

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend from Florida sent me her Mamiya 6 to play with. Unfortunately she didn't send me her Coolscan 9000 along with it, so here are some pretty unsharp scans from my V750. Some are fairly bleak, which fits my mood these days, so sorry about that...

Overall I really like the camera, and medium format film is like a giant oversized cartoon version compared to 35mm. Watching those huge negatives hanging up to dry is mesmerizing.

My hesitation is that these shots don't really look like film, to me at least. Maybe it is the smooth and unsharp scans, dunno, but what draws me to 35mm film is that it looks like...film! Not so sure about MF yet.

Kewl stuff Scott. I've always love the Mamiya 6 (and 7)... sharp, sharp lenses, great form factor, rangefinder, and amazing MF negs. Looking forward to more.

BTW, nice shots of you on the ride in Italy. Didn't realize you were a "serious" rider. Very kewl. I'm just heading out for my third ride of the day... back to the shop to pick up my vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to be of service , and thanks for the comments. The Mamiya 6 photos look great! I have mine developed and scanned professionally since I have neither the darkroom nor a scanner. It's not too much of an expense, and for the price of a 9000ED I can scan about 130 rolls at roughly 3200DPI, which should take me a long time to shoot.
    -Dragos
    Panasonic GH1/G1, Canon FTb(n)/F-1, Mamiya C330F/RB67 Pro SD, Chamonix 45N-2, Nikon F5 + Assorted Lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Dragos: Fun times indeed. The daisy shot looks good.
    Thanks, Matt! Love your street fair photos! Looks like it would have been a fun gathering =)
    -Dragos

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Some more
    Scott: They're nice images! But, what you said above is almost the exact comment that my friend who works at the camera store (a Leica film shooter) made today while i was looking at the MF gear. Hope your mood improves.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite as old as the others. Probably 1982. Nikkormat. Cheers, Matt.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by photoSmart42 View Post
    Beautiful!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent Scott!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Not quite as old as the others. Probably 1982. Nikkormat. Cheers, Matt.

Matt, this is a work of Art!!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn I miss that place!
    Love this!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Matt, this is a work of Art!!!
    Steve: Thank you, sir. Cheers, Matt.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Matt-Love that bridge shot. Well done. How's the F6 treating you? Are you getting anything good with it? Been out of the loop for a while. Here's a couple from Louisiana in June wit the RZ67 on FP4+:

John B. Crane - Member ASMP, NPS - Colorado, USA
    The Nikon F6 Project
    jbcrane.zenfolio.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Another shot of the Brooklyn Bridge. Probably an F3, not a Nikkormat. I've lost track; but, if it was film, it was a Nikon. 1982, again. Cheers, Matt.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbcrane View Post
    Hi Matt-Love that bridge shot. Well done. How's the F6 treating you? Are you getting anything good with it? Been out of the loop for a while. Here's a couple from Louisiana in June wit the RZ67 on FP4+:
    John: Welcome back. These are excellent! I really like the detail and tonality. Great dynamic range.

Thanks for asking. Been shooting a bit with the F6. Mostly, I've been working. Guess I can't complain about having work. Here's a collection of some of my F6 photos. Sort of a progress report. Still trying different films. http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p957618460

Cheers, Matt.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, those bridge pictures are insanely good!

John, fantastic tones and textures, they are really nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Contax G2 with 90mm Zeiss f2.8 Sonnar, Delta 400 at 6400. I could have used a faster lens!

Last edited by Scott G; 11th August 2010 at 22:18.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Scott: Thanks. I need to get out and actually shoot some film.

Contax G2 with 90mm Zeiss f2.8 Sonnar, Delta 400 at 6400. I could have used a faster lens!
    Scott: They look good. There's a gritty, mean streets (not so much the people watching the movie), quality that i like. Slices of nightlife. I esp. like the first and the last. Cheers, Matt.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Scott. Good ol' FP4 in medium format is a detail-collection machine... these were scanned in with my EPSON V500 so they're what I'd consider mediocre-to-decent detail retention. I'm looking forward to drum scanning them to see what's really there. Absolutely in love with the FP4 + MF combo for lots to look at in a photo.
    The Nikon F6 Project
    jbcrane.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like

John: Welcome back. These are excellent! I really like the detail and tonality. Great dynamic range.
    Thanks Matt. It's a lot of fun to go slow and be intentional - a nice change from the grab n' fly mindset I have so often... I was really trying to get the most out of each of the few frames I made... light could have been better, a little more contrast between the dark foreground tree and the background foliage in the center tree shot, but it was still worth making the image.

John:
    Thanks for asking. Been shooting a bit with the F6. Mostly, I've been working. Guess I can't complain about having work. Here's a collection of some of my F6 photos. Sort of a progress report. Still trying different films. http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p957618460
    Love some of those Ektachrome shots. My crazy eye likes lots of look at... some of those are just gorgeous - in a Seattle grunge kinda' way. I'm envious of what appears to be easy access to such rich subject matter there in Seattle. It's one of my favorite destinations but alas, haven't been for years. Keep up the great work!
    The Nikon F6 Project
    jbcrane.zenfolio.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt,Jb & Scott...Smashing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Scott-those are great... I love the look of Delta - haven't seen it pushed that far! Wow... gritty and cool. Love it.
    The Nikon F6 Project
    jbcrane.zenfolio.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbcrane View Post
    Thanks Matt. It's a lot of fun to go slow and be intentional - a nice change from the grab n' fly mindset I have so often... I was really trying to get the most out of each of the few frames I made... light could have been better, a little more contrast between the dark foreground tree and the background foliage in the center tree shot, but it was still worth making the image.

Love some of those Ektachrome shots. My crazy eye likes lots of look at... some of those are just gorgeous - in a Seattle grunge kinda' way. I'm envious of what appears to be easy access to such rich subject matter there in Seattle. It's one of my favorite destinations but alas, haven't been for years. Keep up the great work!
    John: If "grab n'fly" is your normal approach; then you're very good at it. It's hard to work at an image, wait for the right light, and all that. I can spend a few hours casting to a trout under some lily pads, but, I never could work patiently for two hours to get a perfect photo. I might photograph the same thing ten different times, though.

Thanks for looking at my work in progress. I've always liked Ektachrome. BTW, very cool NO photos on your F6 site. Oh, and what's the plastic cube on the top of your D3s?

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Matt,Jb & Scott...Smashing!!!
    Steve: Thank you, sir.

Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Mamiya 6 with pushed TMax 400

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Scott: Really nice! Which Mamiya 6 model is it? Cheers, Matt.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt,

I wasn't aware that there was more than one Mamiya 6, but this is the one I have been playing with:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/mamiya/6.htm

I am still a little uncertain whether MF is for me, and if it is for me if this is the right camera, but it is very cool to play with.

Post Thanks / Like

Some more MF madness from the Mamiya 6 before I have to let it go...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Matt,
    I wasn't aware that there was more than one Mamiya 6, but this is the one I have been playing with:
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/mamiya/6.htm
    I am still a little uncertain whether MF is for me, and if it is for me if this is the right camera, but it is very cool to play with.
    Some more MF madness from the Mamiya 6 before I have to let it go...
    Scott: I was confused. I thought the Mamiya 6 was a version of the Mamiya 645. They look distinctly different. I've been eyeballing the 645 AFD II's at my camera store. On the other hand, I can't get enough time in rotation with the cameras that i already have.

It does look like fun. Nice graffiti shots.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Signs of the times. Early 1970's. Nikkormat. Cheers, Matt

Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, I LOVE those last two.

Post Thanks / Like

Tennis anyone?

Last edited by Scott G; 15th August 2010 at 18:52.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the focus on her, but I love the light

I am seriously thinking about not returning my loaner Mamiya 6

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

B&W:

Color Negative:

Color Slide:

Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I've got too much to do at work; but, I scanned a few old negs. Mid-1970's. Seattle's Gasworks Park. Old friend. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Tennis anyone?

I missed the focus on her, but I love the light

I am seriously thinking about not returning my loaner Mamiya 6
    Scott: The tennis photos are terrific! Good eye. I like the blur biker in the graffiti shot. Maybe they won't miss the Mamiya? Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    B&W:

Color Negative:

Color Slide:

Tareq: Nice B & W and color images. The color's very striking. What type of film were you using. Cheers, Matt.

Post Thanks / Like

Tareq: Nice B & W and color images. The color's very striking. What type of film were you using. Cheers, Matt.
    +1. I'd love to know as well. Amazing colors!
    -Dragos

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got too much to do at work; but, I scanned a few old negs. Mid-1970's. Seattle's Gasworks Park. Old friend. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

More nice shots Matt. Your friend reminds me of Ann Margaret.

Scott: The tennis photos are terrific! Good eye. I like the blur biker in the graffiti shot. Maybe they won't miss the Mamiya? Cheers, Matt

+1 from me, Scott. I'd keep it.

Post Thanks / Like

getting ready for the date.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

getting ready for the date.
    That's a really nice photo. Fun subject matter, the motion of her hand suggests the preparations are ongoing, etc. Nicely isolated via use of DoF as well, and wonderful tonality. (Oh, and beautiful eyes).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For B&W i used Tri-X 400
    For Neg color i used Reala
    For Slide color i used Velvia 100F
    Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

For B&W i used Tri-X 400
    For Neg color i used Reala
    For Slide color i used Velvia 100F