The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Stuart Richardson

Thank you Cindy! I think I like the third one best so far, but we'll see. I have two more rolls to check out, including a color one which could be interesting.

Stuart Richardson

Lovely image William! The chiaroscuro works well there.

We don't usually post contact sheets, but I figured it might be fun. I have not had a chance to scan any of these yet, but here is the second black and white roll from the photo shoot that I did with Sigga.

Lloyd

Lovely image William! The chiaroscuro works well there.

We don't usually post contact sheets, but I figured it might be fun. I have not had a chance to scan any of these yet, but here is the second black and white roll from the photo shoot that I did with Sigga.
Nice stuff, Stuart. I really like the second and third from the left on the bottom row.

She does have an interesting look. Reminds of the actress Glenne Headly, especially about the time she starred in "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels".

drazin

Stuart,
i really love the second image of the girl. really nice stuff. what kinda film are you using? i have that 110mm also and i REALLY need to use it more.

Stuart Richardson

Thank you both. I think I like those particular ones as well. The second one is probably my favorite too -- it is a rather interesting expression. It looks better full sized...

As for the film, it is Fuji Acros developed in Rodinal 1+100. It was a bright, contrasty light, so a mildly compensating developer helped hold the highlights. The first shots were with Delta 100 in Id-11 1+1, as I had an unfinished roll in the camera. They are quite similar films in some ways though.

M

msglueck

Sorry guys,

didn't want to post and run. I simply forgot about it. Thanks about the nice comments. Yes the Rollei 6008 and the Mamiya 7 are a good pair. :)

@Stuart: I like the one of Sigga, where she looks to the side best, the one where she looks directly into the camera is a bit destroyed for me by the gloved hand at the bottom. Maybe a crop would work, but then the nice square has vanished, which works so great for portraits.

Something new from me:
This time four images from my the Mamiya 7 + 80mm + Konica Centuria 400 stitched together as averical panoramic in CS4. The light wasn't that great (especially in the sky), but let's say I was a bit exposed and couldn't wait for better light. :O)
Just hope this doesn't break something here...

Take care,
Markus

Lloyd

Sorry guys,

didn't want to post and run. I simply forgot about it. Thanks about the nice comments. Yes the Rollei 6008 and the Mamiya 7 are a good pair. :)

@Stuart: I like the one of Sigga, where she looks to the side best, the one where she looks directly into the camera is a bit destroyed for me by the gloved hand at the bottom. Maybe a crop would work, but then the nice square has vanished, which works so great for portraits.

Something new from me:
This time four images from my the Mamiya 7 + 80mm + Konica Centuria 400 stitched together as averical panoramic in CS4. The light wasn't that great (especially in the sky), but let's say I was a bit exposed and couldn't wait for better light. :O)
Just hope this doesn't break something here...

Take care,
Markus
Wow, Marcus! One hell of an impressive image. A "bit exposed"? That's like "a little bit pregnant", isn't it? :thumbup:

M

msglueck

thanks! kind of. It's done handheld while walking on the Camino del Rey. I was protected by climbing gear and a steel rope. but still scary to stand that close to the drop-off without holding something rigid.

here is a link with some information. on the panoramic photo there you can see from where my photo has been done. that's the opposite direction.

markus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caminito_del_Rey

M

msglueck

Here's another one. At the moment I have a bit time to catch up on the developing and scanning.

Mamiya 7, 80mm, Fuji Neopan 400, D-76 stock, 6min 24°C
Strolling along the Brague river close to Valbonne, Provence Alps Cote d'Azur, France catching some of the lovely light in the south:

T

turbo

msgleuck: That looks almost like an IR shoot, nice.

Pentax LX 50mm M f1.4. I don't often use the 50mm lens.

Don Hutton

So I find this exposed roll of film in a box with some of my darkroom gear - processed it yesterday and discover that I shot it in 2005 - luckily with a Nikon F5 which had a databack - so the date is recorded in between frames - probably with a 70-200VR. It's a whole bunch of shots of my children from 4 years ago - a real gem of a find for a parent! This is Emma at 4...

Lloyd

So I find this exposed roll of film in a box with some of my darkroom gear - processed it yesterday and discover that I shot it in 2005 - luckily with a Nikon F5 which had a databack - so the date is recorded in between frames - probably with a 70-200VR. It's a whole bunch of shots of my children from 4 years ago - a real gem of a find for a parent! This is Emma at 4...
Lucky find indeed, and a beautiful portrait.