The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Don Hutton

Thanks Jack. Yes, I agree - silver just really is the business for some things.

Here's another: same set-up but at f8.

bensonga

Ship Creek Ice Flows (mid-80s)
Anchorage, Alaska
Toyo 45AR, Sironar 150mm, Ilford FP4

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

bensonga

Minneapolis, Minnesota (early 80s)
Cambo 4x5, Sironar 150mm, Ilford FP4

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

A

asabet

Don, *LOVE* the entire look --- that is the quintessential reason to still shoot silver IMO...
+1, Don. Beautiful!

(Of course it might've been even better if you were 1.3x closer :ROTFL:)
Yes, I find almost all great lenses are even better when one crops away nearly 60% of the light they collect :rolleyes: :p.

H

hvk

Abandoned brick works near Östersund in Sweden.
Mamiya 645AFD with Tmax 400.

/Henrik

H

hvk

Nice shots Henrik! What an interesting building as well...do you have any interior shots?
Thanks Stuart. The building is indeed very interesting... 5 floors... Built in wood... Not maintained since the 60s... Lots of creaking every step... :D

I have a few more shots (with interiors) here.

/Henrik

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Peter, outstanding use of the X-Pan!!! That shot is what that format is all about IMO :thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Henrick: your shots really show the added smoothness of tonality one gets with medium format. Beautiful!

PeterA

Thanks William and Jack. The worst decision I ever made was to sell my original kit. The next best decision I ever made was to buy another kit back. I agree with the view that digi just cant do B&W like film can - much as I have tried!! :)

emmawest72

Peter,

I quite agree with you. Digi BW can look really good but I feel you have to put a good amount of work into it to make the tones shine. For me b&w, it's Trix with it contrasty and gritty look. I like the "bite" of bw film.
I did try the silverefex pro with Aperture and it's my preferred so far to deal with b&w conversions from my fuji s5 camera but it's still not there(imho).

Cheers
W.

HB 500/ 80mm and HP5.

PeterA

Agreed W - I like SilverFx - but it is still not the same..lovely B&W you have there..btw..

the XPan is a great 'environmental portrait' system - here with ordinary cheapo deluxo Fuji 6 pack film...

woodyspedden

Thanks William and Jack. The worst decision I ever made was to sell my original kit. The next best decision I ever made was to buy another kit back. I agree with the view that digi just cant do B&W like film can - much as I have tried!! :)
And one of my worst decisions was selling my mint XPan kit to you Peter. But I am really glad to see you using it so well and having so much fun.

Hopefully I learn from my mistakes so not to repeat them

Woody

PeterA

And one of my worst decisions was selling my mint XPan kit to you Peter. But I am really glad to see you using it so well and having so much fun.

Hopefully I learn from my mistakes so not to repeat them

Woody
Woody :)- get that Mamiya 711 out and firing It is better again...
:thumbup:
Pete