The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

pfigen

Okay, here are a few film shots, all drum scanned on a Howtek HR8000. Bombay Beach Chair on K64 last April with a Zeiss 21mm Distagon on a Canon. Willie Dixon's hand on his bass shot for Frets Magazine with Plus-X on an RZ67 back in '86. Derricks in Santa Barbara channel shot for an anti-offshore oil drilling poster I did for the Sierra Club about ten years ago. Velvia, I think. And finally, another Kodachrome 64 from just east of Barstow, shot for a class project somewhere around '85. Most likely with a Nikon 24mm 2.8.

Lloyd

Okay, here are a few film shots, all drum scanned on a Howtek HR8000. Bombay Beach Chair on K64 last April with a Zeiss 21mm Distagon on a Canon. Willie Dixon's hand on his bass shot for Frets Magazine with Plus-X on an RZ67 back in '86. Derricks in Santa Barbara channel shot for an anti-offshore oil drilling poster I did for the Sierra Club about ten years ago. Velvia, I think. And finally, another Kodachrome 64 from just east of Barstow, shot for a class project somewhere around '85. Most likely with a Nikon 24mm 2.8.
These are amazing images Peter. That shot of Willie Dixon's hand is iconic. Isn't that shot of the oil derrick on the home page of your website? Great stuff... looking forward to much more. :thumbup:

pfigen

Thanks Lloyd - I shot a lot of oil derricks, so this may be the same one. I go back and forth on my favorites. Willie Dixon, well, what can you say. I've been really lucky to be able to shoot some of my favorite musicians over the years. I'm going to San Antonio to shoot Flaco Jimenez for Hohner, the king of Tex-Mex button style accordion, in April. And a slightly different version of the Bombay Beach shot ended up on Robert Earl Keen's latest record, The Rose Hotel.

Don Hutton

This is a very unusual scene for Atlanta... bought Marc's Nikon F6 this week and took it out with the Zeiss 35mm Distagon and some XP2 late this afternoon...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
This is a very unusual scene for Atlanta... bought Marc's Nikon F6 this week and took it out with the Zeiss 35mm Distagon and some XP2 late this afternoon...
That is a beautiful scene, Don. I don't suppose it will last long in Atlanta.
Congratulations on the new F6.

Don Hutton

That is a beautiful scene, Don. I don't suppose it will last long in Atlanta.
Congratulations on the new F6.
Probably be gone by noon tomorrow, so it's a good excuse to go out and enjoy it! I've been yearning for an F6 for years - finally did another Canon-Nikon swap recently so took the plunge quickly before I find a reason to veer the other way... It's about the size of 3 Leica Ms, but looks to be a lot of fun.

bensonga

+1 on the winter creek scene from Atlanta Don! Very nice. Is the Zeiss 35 difficult to manually focus on the Nikon F6? I bought Marc's EOS 1V last year, but haven't tried any manual focus lenses on it yet.

Gary

fotografz

+1 on the winter creek scene from Atlanta Don! Very nice. Is the Zeiss 35 difficult to manually focus on the Nikon F6? I bought Marc's EOS 1V last year, but haven't tried any manual focus lenses on it yet.

Gary
I set up that F6 of Don's for manual focus with a split microprism screen because my intention was to use the Zeiss lenses also.

Good to see such a superb piece of gear getting put to use in talented hands. :thumbup:

-Marc

bensonga

I'll have to see about getting a similar focusing screen for the EOS 1V. It's a great camera too....maybe not in the same class as the F6, but not half bad! :)

Gary

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Red Ford

I finally got my new Nikon LS-9000 ED (thanks to Monza...yes, there are still some new ones out there). The big difference between it and the Epson 700V is noted when scanning 35mm. I'm sure I haven't gotten everything out of it yet. I'm using Vuescan.

Mamiya 645 AFD, 150 f/3.5N, Kodak Ektar (desaturated some)

scho

Red Ford

I finally got my new Nikon LS-9000 ED (thanks to Monza...yes, there are still some new ones out there). The big difference between it and the Epson 700V is noted when scanning 35mm. I'm sure I haven't gotten everything out of it yet. I'm using Vuescan.

Beautiful shot Cindy and hope you enjoy your new scanner. I'm itching to start shooting some film again for awhile.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Carl. I'm itching to get out too. I don't have anything new to scan. I'm re-scanning some that I had already done on the Epson and some that I passed over before. The nice thing is that these 6x4.5's are pretty flat. I can see what a PITA it would be to even try to scan them without a glass holder if they were freshly developed. I'll get that glass tray (that many suggested) ordered on Monday.:rolleyes:

Lloyd

Red Ford

Very nice. Looking forward to more. :thumbup:

leif e

Willie Dixon's hand on his bass shot for Frets Magazine with Plus-X on an RZ67 back in '86.
Oh goodness! When I realized who that bass player´s hand belongs to, The Little Red Rooster riff immidiately started pounding in my head. That man wrote some songs, and was he good at the bass!!

Thank you, Peter! (And; I mean it! :D )

leif e

scho

Finally got a chance to go out for a walk with the "new" Contax G2 and some Kodak BW 400CN film. I used the 45 f/2 for these test shots to make sure everything was working OK. Dug out my old Nikon Coolscan V ED to do these scans. It was a joy using the G2 (despite the dim finder), but I don't particularly like the tedium of scanning negs. I was surprised that the old Nikon scanning software still worked OK under OS 10.6, actually better than the last time I used it with Tiger.