The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

m_driscoll

Let me see if I can find some samples:

I think this is also Xtol...
Stuart: These are great! I forgot how much the processing could affect the negative.

monza: Excellent photos. I love the DOF, color and composition in this one.

Some more from the Tahoe trip
photosmart42: The "film" quality in these really shines. The color's rich but not digital. Nice work.

Recent Scenes from Indonesia

Canon A-1
35mm f/2.8
Fuji Superia 200
Mikoo: Beautiful series. I really like this last one!

My good ole Nikon Fe with 35mm lens and Kodak Tri-x...
William: Stunning!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.Zenfolio.com

Maggie O

I busted out some old negs from my Nikon F3 with the 28/2.8 Nikkor lens.

Tri-X in D-76, on location for my short film, "Waitressing For Godot."

Joesph Goodrich And Mario Lang, February, 1987

Katrina Harrison, February, 1987

Terri And John, February, 1987

And back at home...
IR Mirror, My Old House, 1986

Kodak IR B&W film

Bonnie, Fenceline, 1987

Best collie EVER.

Ah, my youth as an art school film and photography student!

Maggie O

Here's a few more from my Nikon F3:

Cars, Minneapolis, 1984

Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, 1984

Both are Ektachromes.

Joe And John, February, 1987

Joe, Terri And John, February, 1987

Tri-X again.

m_driscoll

m_driscoll: Thank you very much.

mikoo: These are great! I especially like these last two. The gradation of tone in the first increases the sense of perspective. The guy running for the train (or just across the bridge) really tells a story. The little boy with the umbrella is a beautiful capture and composition. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

I busted out some old negs from my Nikon F3 with the 28/2.8 Nikkor lens.

Tri-X in D-76, on location for my short film, "Waitressing For Godot."

Joesph Goodrich And Mario Lang, February, 1987

And back at home...
IR Mirror, My Old House, 1986

Kodak IR B&W film

Ah, my youth as an art school film and photography student!
Here's a few more from my Nikon F3:

Cars, Minneapolis, 1984

Joe And John, February, 1987

Joe, Terri And John, February, 1987

Tri-X again.
Maggie: A nice walk down memory lane. I'm partial to these. Nice composition and PP. Did you just rescan them. My first Nikon was a Nikkormat in 1966. "Waitressing For Godot"! :salute::toocool:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Maggie O

Thanks, guys!

Matt, I scanned those negatives and slides for the first time last night! I'm not sure I ever printed the shots from the movie shoot, even. I know the slides were never printed.

sizifo

Very nice photos and I'm impressed by the scanning Maggie.

Here are two from Berlin last weekend. Tri-X and Tmax developer. I also have some HP5 with Tmax dev that I'll try and post later - this combination looks really good to me.

I like both of these, but am very happy with the second. However, this may just be related to the fact I took ages to get the composition and exposure exactly how I wanted (or pretty close).

Maggie O

Thank you, sizifo! You really did nail the exposure and composition on those two shots: they're fantastic!!

Here are three photos from a 1979 marching band trip my high school band made to North Platte, Nebraska. I used my Canonet QL17 G-III, Illford HP5 (developed in D-76, IIRC) and was fourteen when I took these shots!

Mark Villwok, North Platte, NE, 1979

Greg Schneekloth, Mark Villwok and Carl Persson, North Platte, NE, 1979

Kim's Jeans, North Platte, NE, 1979

bensonga

Great shots everyone! Maggie....your photos from Minneapolis, especially the one of Nicollet Mall really took me back in time. For a couple of years I walked, bicycled or took the bus down Nicollet Mall nearly every day, either to work (in the IDS building...the tall one in your photo) or over to the U of Minn campus. That is such a perfect photo of the Mall. Here's one of mine on Nicollet Mall....taken with a Cambo 4x5 near Orchestra Hall (about a block away from where you were standing...what a coincidence). A little too much "perspective control" at the top of the IDS tower in my image, unfortunately.

Gary

Last edited:

Maggie O

Thanks, Gary! I loved living in the Twin Cities. Such a great place, even with the crazy weather.

Looks like they were still working on the City Center hotel (forget the name, something starting with "A" tho') when you made your photo! Gotta love that mid-day Minnesota Winter sunlight, eh?

bensonga

Thanks, Gary! I loved living in the Twin Cities. Such a great place, even with the crazy weather.
Me too.....I love going back there for family visits, giving me an excuse to spend time in the city. Still one of my favorite places.

Loved your photos above from the 1979 marching band trip! You showed alot of talent at an early age. :thumbup:

The ones of Joe and John were also excellent. Looks like a walk around Loring Park in Minneapolis (or someplace very similar), if I'm not mistaken.

Gary

Maggie O

Loved your photos above from the 1979 marching band trip! You showed alot of talent at an early age. :thumbup:

The ones of Joe and John were also excellent. Looks like a walk around Loring Park in Minneapolis (or someplace very similar), if I'm not mistaken.

Gary
Thanks! That was a fun trip. I was already working as a sports photographer for the local weekly, the Oakland Independent, along with shooting for the school annual and my own obsession. Dad had built a darkroom in our basement, so I was able to get an early start on things.

The shots with Joe and company were shot on the Carleton College campus in Northfield, Minnesota on a cold, but thankfully not windy day. Northfield is a great little town, with two top-notch Liberal Arts colleges, Carleton and St. Olaf. My friend Katrina (seen in the photos, too) is the daughter of professors from each of those schools.

pfigen

Another in the series of urban or semi urban landscapes around LA. This is a seismic sensor in the Santa Monica Mountains. Mamiya 7. 65mm lens. T-Max 100 I think.