The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Maggie O

Interesting shots, Maggie. I recall those chairs (sadly, they were a little newer when I was sitting on them. :D)

I particularly like that last one. I wonder how large that gully is now?
Thank you!!

As for the gully in the pasture, it's long been plowed under and planted with corn, I suspect. There's no room for pastures in today's HFC-centered agribusiness. I miss having actual farms around, you know? Now it's just a house, some silos and acre after acre of corn or soybeans.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I posted a Leica M photo in this thread yesterday.:deadhorse:

Here are two from my Mamiya 7, 65mm, Ektar 100

Looking up the Wolf River

Nicolet Forest

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you, Maggie. It is insane how sharp they are right out of the scanner. I still don't have the glass tray for the scanner, so the sharpness should still improve when I get that. I haven't tried to print any yet. I have a couple of more rolls coming back soon and once I get them scanned, I'll print.

Maggie O

Prolly covered in lead paint. :D

The gully is gorgeous!
Thanks, Claire! I'm quite proud of the work my teen-aged self did!!

You know, the walls of the band room and the teachers' lounge at my high school were covered in asbestos, which many, many students (and a few teachers) carved their names into, so I'm betting that the lead paint on all the chairs was the least of our worries!! :ROTFL:

Maggie O

I scanned a few 'chromes the other night:

Kelly Meier, St. Paul, MN, 1990

Schoolbus Mirror, Minneapolis, MN, 1984

Kelly Meier and Leaf, Craig, NE, 1990

Kelly Meier, Craig, NE, 1990

The shots of Kelly were taken with the F3-28/2.8 combo and the mirror was with, IIRC, either the Olympus XA or a Konica T4, probably with the 40mm pancake.

Maggie O

Thanks, Cindy!

Some of the B&W files have had hours of work done on them, touching up all the scratches and dust. I went a little OCD on 'em. ;)

Maggie O

I don't think I posted this- a break on a short movie I was making for MCAD, shot in...

Dan's Apartment, Minneapolis, 1985

The F3 and the 28, again. I ran a lot film through that rig.

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Anthony, I am glad you like them. And I have to agree with tokengirl and Maggie -- that is a nice photo you have there.

Maggie -- I really like these old photos you are posting. Judging from his apartment, Dan looks like a character.

Maggie O

Maggie -- I really like these old photos you are posting. Judging from his apartment, Dan looks like a character.
Thanks, Stuart! Yep, Dan is one hell of a character. You know those Dos Equis ads with "The Most Interesting Man In The World?" That'd be Dan. He's a barber and a motorcycle racer and, in his spare time, he shoots photos (with my old Konica T4 and autowinder!) and writes for a couple of cycle mags!

He used to be one hell of a drummer, too. I'd still like to have him in a band with me.