The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Maggie O

Some more old school Kodak HIE shots from the F3:

The Uptown, Minneapolis, MN, 1986

Hennepin and Lake, Minneapolis, MN, 1986

Uptown Dan, Minneapolis, MN, 1986

I printed these on 11"x14" Zone VI Brilliant paper for my Photo One final and they, along with jumping Eric, nabbed me an "A+" for the year!

m_driscoll

Tri-X is the greatest! Especially back in the 1970's.

Great work with it on display here, Matt. Have you thought about rendering your scans into grayscale? I found that I can get better blacks in the photo by doing that; just a suggestion, these look pretty damn good in sepia.
Maggie: I need to look at those original files and see what i did. They were scanned in India by ScanCafe last year (I got crazy and sent them 100's of negatives and sldes). I'm thinking that i made them sepia in Lightroom. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Super Contrast & Cool Image Brotha! Guess What I Want Now Matt....?
Hint..Starts With A Zero & Then A Decimal Point!:eek:
Steve: Thank you, sir. :D I'm not happy with the scans I got at the processor; so, i'm rescanning some right now. Probably have to do it yourself if you want a high quality scan.

I'm going to guess it ends in a 5, and also has a 9 in it. Am i getting warm? :eek: You could put off buying the new Hyundai until next year. That'd about cover it. :eek: again!

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

A few more street shots from my downtown session:
Canon F-1 + Canon FD 35/2 S.S.C. + Ilford HP5 Plus ASA400

Dragos: +1. Cool. It looks like a lively night in San Diego. I like the PJ character of these two.

Some more old school Kodak HIE shots from the F3:

The Uptown, Minneapolis, MN, 1986

Uptown Dan, Minneapolis, MN, 1986

I printed these on 11"x14" Zone VI Brilliant paper for my Photo One final and they, along with jumping Eric, nabbed me an "A+" for the year!
Maggie: The A+ was deserved! Very artistic. The sky, clouds and light are very well captured. Are these scans of the photos or the negs?

Cheers, Matt

Maggie O

Maggie: The A+ was deserved! Very artistic. The sky, clouds and light are very well captured. Are these scans of the photos or the negs?
Thank you, Matt!! Those are new scans of the negatives; the prints are in California, at my pal Mikey's house.

photoSmart42

Dragos: +1. Cool. It looks like a lively night in San Diego. I like the PJ character of these two.
Thanks! I was trying to be as subtle as I could while capturing people being themselves. My first real attempt at street photography. I think I'll get better as I get more comfortable taking the photos. Here's a few more:

m_driscoll

+1 from me, Matt. Looking forward to more. You're making me covet yet another camera! :confused:
Lloyd: Thank you. :D I'm scanning this roll on my VP750 to see what my scans look like. I'm not happy with those scans from the lab. It just seems that a photo shot with "the world's finest grained 100-speed black-and-white film" on the "world's best 35mm film DSLR" ought to look better. It's a very seductive camera. Just feel right in your hands.

That's a beautiful image. Work of art, really. :thumbup:
Indeed. Stirring, really.
Viablex1: +1, +1. Beautiful detail and light.

Thanks! I was trying to be as subtle as I could while capturing people being themselves. My first real attempt at street photography. I think I'll get better as I get more comfortable taking the photos. Here's a few more:

Dragos: Again, nicely done. It pays to be "subtle" when you're sneaking photos of guys that look like they're wearing biker colors. Although, they're probably bankers with big beamers.

Cheers, Matt