The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Maggie O

Some more from that one roll from my Rollei 35:

Glyph, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

Formula, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

Upstairs Addition, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

Uptown Eurocart, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

m_driscoll

Super Images Here Y'All!
A lot of nice things going on here Matt. Great portrait.
That's really good. Not just making an obligatory great photo post - this is an outstanding portrait.
I concur. That really is a great photo. I love the dress, especially- really speaks of that time.
Steve/Lloyd/sizifo/Maggie: Thank you all! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Maggie O

Maggie: Very nice. Your images are so clear with good dynamic range. The pp is excellent. I like this one with the eurocart and earmuffs. That cart probably wouldn't be very good in the snow, eh?
Thanks, Matt! Looking at these old negs makes me want to get another Rollei 35. Like I need another camera. :ROTFL:

I reckon that cart would be complete rubbish in the snow. I wonder if they sold many of them? Great for any other time, I'd expect.

Maggie O

A few shots from the F3 and the Nikkor 28/2.8:

Lara, I-70 Overlook,Colorado, June, 1989

T-Max

Pasture with Tree, Craig, NE, January, 1987

IR Carwash, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

Kodak HIE for those two.

T

tokengirl

A few shots from the F3 and the Nikkor 28/2.8:

Lara, I-70 Overlook,Colorado, June, 1989

T-Max

Pasture with Tree, Craig, NE, January, 1987

IR Carwash, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

Kodak HIE for those two.
These are all great! The first one is off-the-chart fantastic!

pfigen

Maggie,

I've been completely slammed shooting the last couple of months but had to say how much I've enjoyed your black and whites. They are simply a wonderful documentation of a period of your life that and the images are so full of life and emotion that's it's hard to describe. What I especially like are the seemingly unimportant subjects that become part of your personal history and become an integral part of the story you are telling - whether you're aware of it or not. To my mind and eye, you have the makings of a book that might have broader appeal than you first imagine. They feel like snapshots from the movie of a very interesting life. Most of the images posted in online forums are not really very good, but these are different. In case you hadn't figured it out, I REALLY love them!!!

Peter Figen

Maggie O

Maggie,

I've been completely slammed shooting the last couple of months but had to say how much I've enjoyed your black and whites. They are simply a wonderful documentation of a period of your life that and the images are so full of life and emotion that's it's hard to describe. What I especially like are the seemingly unimportant subjects that become part of your personal history and become an integral part of the story you are telling - whether you're aware of it or not. To my mind and eye, you have the makings of a book that might have broader appeal than you first imagine. They feel like snapshots from the movie of a very interesting life. Most of the images posted in online forums are not really very good, but these are different. In case you hadn't figured it out, I REALLY love them!!!

Peter Figen
Thank you, Peter! I'm stunned. In the best possible way!

I was almost crying when I read of John Stovall's death, but your very kind words have actually got me going now. I'm glad that they're at least 50% tears of joy. Thank you. Thank you so much.

My goodness, what a morning.

m_driscoll

+1 here. Love it a lot.
Anthony: Thanks.

had some fun with a ricoh gr1. the first camera my father gave it me. very snappy.
shot with some expired fuji 800npz.
Anthony: Great photos. The truck's cool; but, I esp. like the loose quality of this one. Yes, "snappy".

These are all great! The first one is off-the-chart fantastic!
Totally Agree!
Maggie,
Peter Figen
Maggie: +1. +1, and well said Peter. :thumbup::thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com