The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

m_driscoll

From the F3 28/2.8 Nikkor combo:

Cast and Crew, Northfield, MN, 1987
[/URL

Tri-X in D-76; the classic.

Oh what the hell, I'm just going to keep posting photos.

Enter Eric, Saint Paul, MN, 1987
[URL=http://flickr.com/photos/mediawench/4768030575/]
Same roll of film and rig as the previous five.
I guess I'm the only one shooting non-Leica film this week!

Some more shots from my Nikon F3 and Ektar 100, mostly shot with the Nikkor 105/2.5 lens I got this May (4 CHEEP!)
Bob Whiskers, June, 2010

And one taken with my old Nikkor 28mm lens:
Maggie: Great photos past and present. Hell, yeah! Keep posting. I don't know if Bob's enjoying all of the attention. The Ektar looks very good. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Maggie O

Maggie: Great photos past and present. Hell, yeah! Keep posting. I don't know if Bob's enjoying all of the attention. The Ektar looks very good. :thumbup:
Thanks, Matt! The Ektar really works well with the F3, which has always had a great meter- it hardly ever missed a frame with Kodachrome and it looks like the same is true for Ektar. I really, really like the look Ektar gives when you nail the exposure. And it's a wee bit more forgiving than 'chromes, I reckon.

I'm going to have to get some more. Or should I try some Porta? You guys have any thoughts?

m_driscoll

Some film from the last couple of weeks. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. F6; Fuji RXP Provia 400

2. F6; Fuji RXP Provia 400

3. F6; Fuji RXP Provia 400

4. F6; Fuji RXP Provia 400

5. F6; Kodak Ektachrome E100GX

6. F6; Kodak Ektachrome E100GX

Maggie O

Some film from the last couple of weeks. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

3. F6; Fuji RXP Provia 400

4. F6; Fuji RXP Provia 400

6. F6; Kodak Ektachrome E100GX
Looking good, Matt! The Provia 400 gives good blues! Those three are my favorites and that last one, I swear I can smell her perfume! Gorgeous.

Stuart Richardson

Nice work guys. Maggie -- I liked the first photo of the green leaves with the bug on them...that Nikkor has a very nice look.

Matt, I also liked your first one of the guy in the hoodie on the fence. Do I always like the first photo best? I have no idea...

I recently got a great deal on a Hasselblad SWC from Al Tanabe (a member here). Last night was really beautiful (well, 50 degrees with a 25mph wind, but AMAZING sky and light), so I went out with the SWC. I walked around the harbor, which is right down the street from me. These were shot on XP2, and it was my first time developing that as well...it came out nicely. I also shot another roll of color neg, but I have not been able to develop it yet. My c-41 chemistry is a bit old, so I think it may give a bit of a color shift (not a problem for XP2...), so I am waiting for new chemicals to arrive.

The SWC seems to be just like the Mamiya 43mm, only with no rangefinder, the square format and interchangeable backs. It is very compact, but I like the mamiya viewfinder better! The one in the SWC shows its age. The camera is a bit older than me...it was born in the early 70s.

And see that spec of dust in the last one in the middle left part of the frame? The SWC has the resolving power to show it as it really is:

P.S. If you want to see a color version of the sky out my window, check these out. They were with the ep-1 and just out the window, but the light was incredible...they were taken later. Around 11pm or so. These are straight out of the camera other than a whitebalance to daylight...
http://www.stuartrichardson.com/july-7th-sunset/

Lloyd

Nice work guys. Maggie -- I liked the first photo of the green leaves with the bug on them...that Nikkor has a very nice look.

Matt, I also liked your first one of the guy in the hoodie on the fence. Do I always like the first photo best? I have no idea...

I recently got a great deal on a Hasselblad SWC from Al Tanabe (a member here). Last night was really beautiful (well, 50 degrees with a 25mph wind, but AMAZING sky and light), so I went out with the SWC. I walked around the harbor, which is right down the street from me. These were shot on XP2, and it was my first time developing that as well...it came out nicely. I also shot another roll of color neg, but I have not been able to develop it yet. My c-41 chemistry is a bit old, so I think it may give a bit of a color shift (not a problem for XP2...), so I am waiting for new chemicals to arrive.

The SWC seems to be just like the Mamiya 43mm, only with no rangefinder, the square format and interchangeable backs. It is very compact, but I like the mamiya viewfinder better! The one in the SWC shows its age. The camera is a bit older than me...it was born in the early 70s.

And see that spec of dust in the last one in the middle left part of the frame? The SWC has the resolving power to show it as it really is:

P.S. If you want to see a color version of the sky out my window, check these out. They were with the ep-1 and just out the window, but the light was incredible...they were taken later. Around 11pm or so. These are straight out of the camera other than a whitebalance to daylight...
Nice! Congrats on the new kit. Great results. The color sunset images are impressive as well. "Early 70s", eh? You are a spring chicken, aren't you!?!:D

m_driscoll

Nice! Congrats on the new kit. Great results. The color sunset images are impressive as well. "Early 70s", eh? You are a spring chicken, aren't you!?!:D
Stuart: +1. Nice camera and images. I look at the MF setups when i go into the Camera shop. The Mamiya 645D's are relatively inexpensive; but, i need another camera system about as much as I need...

The sunsets photos are really beautiful!

That guy was sitting on the rail and i asked if i could take his picture. I like his serious, but not quite, look. The tattoo guys were out for their smoke break; so, i hit them up for a portrait, too

Cheers, Matt

Maggie O

Thanks, Stuart! I think that's my favorite photo off that roll of Ektar. I am very well pleased with the Nikkor, which was all of $125! :bugeyes:

Love the bow shot and WOW that is some crazy good resolution!

Maggie O

Here's three more from the F3/ Nikkor 105/2.5 / Ektar 100 combo:

Empty Egg, July, 2010

Wet Light, July, 2010

Bunn Out Of The Sun, June, 2010