The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

jlm

Workshop Member
very nice, Tim
how about the rest of the roll?
12 negs is a far cry from an 8gig card, eh?

ReeRay

Thanks, Helen. There are 12 6x6 shots on 120, 24 on 220 film.
This was my first roll of Efke. The film strips came back from A&I in a flat cardboard mailer (very nice service), but when I tried to put them in the V700 strip holder, they curled. I don't think I am getting anywhere near the focus or detail that is possible. I'm just learning on this Epson. It isn't as straightforward as scanning with my Nikon V was.
Take a look at the BetterScanning products with the ANR inserts. Makes a significant difference believe me. Takes a little trial and error to establish the correct shim heights (I found 3.8mm the best) but a lot more rigid and adjustable than the Epson inserts.

http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/models/vseries.html

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
very nice, Tim
how about the rest of the roll?
12 negs is a far cry from an 8gig card, eh?
Most of that roll was more of my nieces. I didn't want to bore folks with them.

But you're right! It seems like it should go extremely fast since I'm used to gigs of storage and hundreds of images with a digital. But at least for now, I'm finding the opposite is true. I'm pretty selective about what I shoot and I bracket, so it's a pretty slow and deliberate process. I think that will change though.

One more goofy one from that first roll.

ShiroKuro

some really wonderful images in this thread ; )
Here are a few from my most recent contact sheets ....
Shot with a Plaubel Makina 670

helenhill

OM1 /Zuiko 50 1.4
a very Tired Eric...love the retro FEEL and soft Colour

Peruvian Dancers on the Street...

Last edited:
N

nei1

very nice both Helen,is the rest of the dancers frame so bad to be cut?best to you.....nei1

sizifo

The handstand one is great shirokuro. Is that some development quirt, or flare - not that it detracts from the image.

Here is one of Centre point london, Hasselblad.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I like all three Shiro, but after looking for awhile, the two-lamps is really growing on me.

Here's another of my early attempts to become familiar with a new camera, etc. I'm trying to figure out if the blotchiness on the building's siding is a processing fault or part of the weathering of the building.

helenhill

I'm really Diggin the OLY om1 /50 1.4

Lulubelle my 11 yr old Pug...
Ces't Moi being Silly....
A walk down the Road...
click to make BIGGER

Last edited:
N

nei1

Am not sure what this 20 year old photo of two of my boys was taken with but it was definately taken on kodachrome and taken at richmond park in london

helenhill

John :
What a Fun & trippy Holga shot ...Love the palatte of Colours

Neil:
Beautiful shot of yours Boys....

Best-H :)

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
John :
What a Fun & trippy Holga shot ...Love the palatte of Colours

Neil:
Beautiful shot of yours Boys....

Best-H :)
Thanks Helen, I'M having a ball with the 135 Holga. I've said in another forum about shooting Leo.

"That's what's happens when you shoot with a Holga, Serendipity.

Multiple exposures, Leo on floor, Moon Light in window later.

If John Cage had used a camera, it would have been a Holga.

Holga the camera for Homo Ludens."

Last edited: