The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Stuart Richardson

I tried some dying FX-39 in Acros, and I not so brilliantly followed the advice to keep it with minimal agitation. Well, my agitation was a bit too minimal. The negs came out, but with lots of bromide drag. I cloned most of it out, but there still may be some blotchiness in the sky. It's back to Rodinal for me with Acros...at least until I get some more fresh FX-39 or Xtol.

This is one of my favorite mountains in Iceland. It is called Baula.

These are fish --

A farm near Budardalur.

A place where I am shooting a wedding on Tuesday...it's called Spöngin.

helenhill

OM1 / 50 1.4 / 50 EFKE. Rodinal 9 mins / little agitation

I simple ADORE the creamy Bokeh of the Sepia toned shot (Yes I know NOT another boring Flower shot )
I don't think it gets Better than that / just an old zuiko lens

click on to make Bigger

Last edited:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
OM1 / 50 1.4 / 50 EFKE. Rodinal 9 mins / little agitation

I simple ADORE the creamy Bokeh of the Sepia toned shot (Yes I know NOT another boring Flower shot )
I don't think it gets Better than that / just an old zuiko lens

click on to make Bigger
Lovely flower Helen, those Zuiko's are jewels.

C

CipHotte

Last Page

Well as far as I know it goes 2 the last page uve viewed or something unless u press last page but maybe one of the other mods can help u a little bit more. Im not completely sure about this

helenhill

THANK YOU Lloyd & John...:D

good stuuf helen... pity about the scratch... still I am sure photoshop has a 'creamy bokeh' repair tool :)K
Efke 50 is too Delicate a Film for Me RE: SCRATCHES....:eek:

For 50 iso I will strictly Use Ilford Pan F Plus 50
Thanx for Looking, Best to You & Cam ...H

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Yes, I like the way some of the Efke films look, but they have some really annoying physical features -- they are very prone to curling and scratching. I agree that PanF is a better film in general. But for me, any thing other than Acros or Neopan 400 is sort of a specialized film -- Acros and Neopan 400 are so good that it has to be something very specific to make me deviate from them (unless it is an availability thing...they only really sell Ilford films and Tri-x in Iceland).

helenhill

Great shot on the beach Helen! Are you processing these with this look in mind?
Thanx Tim.... I'm PLEASED someone Noticed :) !!!
I think it has to do w/ it being 50 Efke
and I did the processing to the T in terms of Time & degrees
But again very little agitation

50 is lovely on a BRIGHT Summer Day
so Different than my usual
400 iso OR even 1600 (the more gritty Coney Island Day shots)

so I guess its softer /less Contrasty than my usual Style
of Pushing & Extremes

Best- H