The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
One from my recent trip to Bryce Canyon. This one is from my Mamiya Super and 80 f/1.9 lens using Ektar 100.

Bryce just before sunset

Lloyd

One from my recent trip to Bryce Canyon. This one is from my Mamiya Super and 80 f/1.9 lens using Ektar 100.
Very nice, Cindy. Bryce is one of my favorite places on earth. We've spent 13 of the last 14 President's Day Weekends there.

I've always been impressed by your Mamiya work. And that Ektar film is pretty impressive. I've only shot a couple of rolls, but I've certainly been happy with the results.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Very nice, Cindy. Bryce is one of my favorite places on earth. We've spent 13 of the last 14 President's Day Weekends there.

I've always been impressed by your Mamiya work. And that Ektar film is pretty impressive. I've only shot a couple of rolls, but I've certainly been happy with the results.
Thank you Lloyd. I love going back to Bryce year after year. I found this photo interesting because it shows the hoodoos on the right and the beginnings of hoodoos on the left.
I'm really excited to be upgrading my Mamiya Super to a Mamiya AFD. I will welcome spot metering.

bensonga

While we're in the neighborhood of Utah's Bryce Canyon....here's one I took at Zion National Park about 12 years ago with a Pentax 67. This image is from a commercial scan (1750 dpi, not a drum scan) I had done about 10 years ago. I just recently printed this image for a Letter size print exchange. It looks quite good up to about 11x14, but a little soft at 13x19. I'm going to rescan the transparency with my Epson V750 and see if I can get a sharper 13x19 print.

Gary

Lloyd

While we're in the neighborhood of Utah's Bryce Canyon....here's one I took at Zion National Park about 12 years ago with a Pentax 67. This image is from a commercial scan (1750 dpi, not a drum scan) I had done about 10 years ago. I just recently printed this image for a Letter size print exchange. It looks quite good up to about 11x14, but a little soft at 13x19. I'm going to rescan the transparency with my Epson V750 and see if I can get a sharper 13x19 print.

Gary
That is a beautiful image, Gary. The color is gorgeous.

bensonga

That is a beautiful image, Gary. The color is gorgeous.
Thanks Lloyd. I thought they did a great job with the color of the scan too. Now I just hope to pull a bit more resolution and sharpness out of the transparency....and hope I can match the good color from the lab's scan. This one might even be worth a professional drum scan someday.

Hope I can get back to Zion, Bryce etc someday for another photo trip. It's a beautiful part of the country.

Gary

bensonga

Here's one from Zabriskie Point in Death Valley National Park. Another one of my favorite places. Also with the Pentax 67. I scanned this one with my Epson V750.

Gary

bensonga

Hope you don't mind....I'm working my way thru some old images. This one from Cleveland, Ohio in the early '90s. Nikon F2, Nikkor non-AI 35mm f2 lens, Fuji Provia, Canoscan FS2720.

Looking forward to trying some of these old Nikkor lenses on my Panasonic G1 soon.

Gary

Stuart Richardson

Those first two are great Gary! The last one is really interesting too -- especially with all the seagulls...but overall the first two are more to my taste.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
This photo from spring in Wisconsin was on the roll that I got developed this week.
Mamiya Super and 80 f/2.8/ Ektar 100/ Epson V700