The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks Helen and Lloyd.

Robert, I decided to only use Ektar for color until I got the hang of scanning it on the V700. I ended up really liking it and haven't bought any other.

bensonga

Beautiful image and colors in that Wisconsin spring photo Cindy! I really appreciate an image like yours today.....it's been sub-zero temps here for the past week.

I've got a roll of Ektar 100 loaded in one of my Hasselblad film magazines, but didn't get a chance to use it this Fall....now the landscape is just white with snow, so I missed my chance for nice colors. Might have to give it a try soon anyways....once the temp warms up to at least 20+ degrees!

Gary

bensonga

Here's a horizontal version of the Zabriskie Point image. I think I like this better than the vertical one, although this one looks a little darker.

Gary

Stuart Richardson

Lovely -- where is exactly is this? It reminds me of the places the plane flew over when I would fly home between Santa Barbara and CT...sadly my knowledge of the Southwest and middle part of America is essentially 0. Searching it in google though, it looks like Antonioni made a movie about it, that is a pretty high recommendation! Your photo looks like it was taken on Mars.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you, Gary.

Your photo of Zabriskie Point is amazing. I thought the Badlands were "bad". This looks like very unfriendly territory for humans.

bensonga

Death Valley is one of my favorite national parks. Fascinating geology, history, varied terrain (from below sea level to 10,000+ feet). Zabriskie Point overlooks Death Valley itself and these eroded hills are above the valley.

Good info on Zabriskie Point is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabriskie_Point

I love the panoramic image on this Wiki page....have to go back there again for that one! There is a trail leading down from Zabriskie Point, thru the Golden Canyon to the valley floor. Gotta do that someday too.

Gary

JimCollum

Hasselblad 2000 fc/w , 110/2 planar, tri-x, pyrocat HD developer
shot wide open

(haven't retouched the specks out yet ... :)

Stuart Richardson

Lovely shot Jim! It looks like something you would find at an abandoned botanical garden. I love the toning as well.
On the technical side though, are you using filtered water to mix your chemicals? And where are you drying the negs? You should not really have to deal with that many spots if you take a few precautions. HEPA filters also really help if you can bring yourself to get one.

helenhill

WOW Stuart
I couldn't think of
anything BETTER than the Xpan shooting Iceland....FAB !!!!

Sublime Hassy Shot,,,, JIMCOLLUM

JimCollum

Lovely shot Jim! It looks like something you would find at an abandoned botanical garden. I love the toning as well.
On the technical side though, are you using filtered water to mix your chemicals? And where are you drying the negs? You should not really have to deal with that many spots if you take a few precautions. HEPA filters also really help if you can bring yourself to get one.
yea.. it was on the glass of the scanner (i used an eversmart pro to scan). in the meantime, i've cleaned it up and scanned again .. no spots

jim

bensonga

Jim....that 110/f2 Planar is superb. Wish I had a 2xx series camera to put one on. That is a wonderful image.

Here's a photo from the Alaska Railroad yards here in Anchorage. I was doing some comparison tests this summer between my Leica R8 with a 90mm f2.8 Elmarit, Canon EOS 1V with a 85mm f1.8 and a Nikon F3HP with a 105mm f2.5 AIS lens. All were shot with Fuji Provia 100. Honestly, it was hard for me to tell the difference between the results from each of these fine cameras for shots like this one. That said....anyone want to take guess as to which camera was used for this shot? Without checking the description or filename in my GetDPI gallery. :)

I was lucky to have 20 minutes for these test shots.....before a Alaska RR cop showed up and sent me packing.

Gary

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
One last photo from the old Mamiya Super. I sent her off to a new owner this week.
Mamiya M645 Super, Ektar 100, 80mm f/1.9. Epson V700

justin989

mamiya 7II 65mm lens.

the hellgate bridge was taken at twilight in my hometown of astoria in NYC. If Im not mistaken it was a 5 minute exposure with provia 100f.

The waterfall shot was a 30 sec exposure I took in the north woods of central park, NYC. fuji velvia 100

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Justin,
Those are so beautiful. The bridge is my favorite. I love the lights from the second bridge reflected in the water.

bensonga

Absolutely stunning shots Justin! I've never been daring enough to try my hand at really long exposures.....you nailed these, for sure!

Gary