The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Lloyd

These are great shots, and not the typical stuff one sees (or used to see, when there were more of them around) out of the Xpan. Very nicely done, and reveals not only your eye for subject and composition, but also the excellent range of this wonderful photographic tool.

drazin

wow! thank you! very encouraging! i still am struggling with proper scanning and color balancing as you can prob notice.

emmawest72

Lots of cool stuff above!

Nikon Fe/50mm / Kodachrome 200 ( I can't believe this film will cease to exist...very sad as I find it to be the most beautiful color film) If anyone has some unused stock of K64/K200 don't hesitate to send me a PM.

mikel

I can't believe this film will cease to exist...very sad as I find it to be the most beautiful color film
I've been put in charge of scanning old family photos, and I agree the color is something else.

Thanks Cindy and Lloyd for the comments!

Two more while playing around with the swc:

Lloyd

Lots of cool stuff above!

Nikon Fe/50mm / Kodachrome 200 ( I can't believe this film will cease to exist...very sad as I find it to be the most beautiful color film) If anyone has some unused stock of K64/K200 don't hesitate to send me a PM.
I agree about Kodachrome. It really is something special. Where are you having it processed? I thought the only lab left in the world was in Kansas.

emmawest72

Mikel, Excellent use of the SWC.

Lloyd,
Thanks!
I send my film to Switzerland who then send it to Dwayne's in Kansas. I don't have anymore film for the moment and it is very difficult to find as production already stopped. If I'm lucky, I will maybe be able to get hold of 10 rolls of K200 for one last project.

Just for the pleasure here is another one with Nikon Fe/ 135mm and Kodachrome 200:

Lloyd

Lloyd,
Thanks!
I send my film to Switzerland who then send it to Dwayne's in Kansas. I don't have anymore film for the moment and it is very difficult to find as production already stopped. If I'm lucky, I will maybe be able to get hold of 10 rolls of K200 for one last project.

Just for the pleasure here is another one with Nikon Fe/ 135mm and Kodachrome 200:
Yes, it's going to be missed for sure.

Have you seen this? http://kodachromeproject.com/

emmawest72

Lloyd, yes I had already seen the kodachrome project which is very nice.

Here is another film which has disappeared : Kodak Panther ( Nikon Fe with 135mm lens I think)

Stuart Richardson

Nice shots William -- I will take a look in my stores...I may have a roll or two of K64...maybe.

Here are some shots I did for the stockfish series I am doing. I shot them in the fall or summer, but they were 4x5 and I was not actively processing it for a bit.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Nice shots William -- I will take a look in my stores...I may have a roll or two of K64...maybe.

Here are some shots I did for the stockfish series I am doing. I shot them in the fall or summer, but they were 4x5 and I was not actively processing it for a bit.

Stuart,
There is fantastic detail in these 4x5's. I am enjoying the fish series.

bensonga

Stuart,
There is fantastic detail in these 4x5's. I am enjoying the fish series.
+1!! I just wish I could see some big prints from these negatives.....I'm guessing they are pretty impressive.

Well done Stuart....great subject matter and series.

More details on the camera/lens/film etc?

Gary

mikel

(covers eyes) I will not look at 4x5 or larger, I will not look at 4x5 or larger,I will not look at 4x5 or larger........

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I bought a Minox 35 EL sub-miniature at a swap meet. It is vintage 1977. I had to send to Denmark for batteries. My plan is to keep it loaded with black and white film as a carry-around in my purse. I took it out in the neighborhood and here are a couple from my morning walk. They are not special, but were an exercise in scale focusing. The statue photo is wide open. The focus has to be spot-on at f/2.8. The little thing makes you think on every shot. The speeds are limited to 30-500, so I will have to find a ND filter to fit it.

Last edited:
S

spiderfrank

Cindy, I have an old little Vito II and I have the same concerns about slow maximum speed, so I use only slow film on it: consider that with this kind of cameras (leaf shutter, no mirror) you can shoot handheld at very slow speed

Lloyd

I bought a Minox 35 EL sub-miniature at a swap meet. It is vintage 1977. I had to send to Denmark for batteries. My plan is to keep it loaded with black and white film as a carry-around in my purse. I took it out in the neighborhood and here are a couple from my morning walk. They are not special, but were an exercise in scale focusing. The statue photo is wide open. The focus has to be spot-on at f/2.8. The little thing makes you think on every shot. The speeds are limited to 30-500, so I will have to find a ND filter to fit it.
Those are amazingly good Cindy. Congrats on the new, and useful tool!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy, I have an old little Vito II and I have the same concerns about slow maximum speed, so I use only slow film on it: consider that with this kind of cameras (leaf shutter, no mirror) you can shoot handheld at very slow speed
I will do that. I hope that you post something from your little Vito II, too.

Lloyd, Thanks.