The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I just got some film back today from A+I. Here is the first scan. I know I want to go wider than 65mm.

Rain on Lake Sumter Mamiya 7, 65 f/4, Ilford HP5 Super

tjv

Shot a few more off today with the 50mm. Was in the thick of it, taking a portrait of two young men on the street, and I kind of forget about all the marks in the external 50mm viewfinder. No one has really mentioned how accurate the external finders frame lines are and for what distance the marking are optimized for - how accurate the side markings are within two meters. I reckon I might have chopped off a few heads...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I'm trying to get a handle on my new scanner. I still don't have the glass carrier yet.
View from London Bridge, Lake Havasu City, AZ Mamiya 7, 65 f/4, Ektar 100

St. Mary's Basilica in Phoenix Mamiya 7, 65 f/4, Ektar 100

tjv

Did you get the Nikon 9000? Great scanner, as was / is the 8000 if you're not impatient like me when waiting for scans. I'm lucky to have one at work (an 8000) but it's on the way out with a dead row of pixels. There aren't any spare parts apparently.
Your scans look good though. The glass carrier will rock your world!

Stuart Richardson

Lovely shots Cindy! I particularly like the first color one -- the colors of the lake are really beautiful. I would have thought it was the sea, not freshwater...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks.
Yes, tjv, I was able to get a brand new Nikon 9000. I'm hoping it will last me for a long time.
Stuart, The colors in the desert are really amazing. Lake Havasu was formed by damming the Colorado River (as I'm sure you know, Stuart.)

Stuart Richardson

I didn't know that! I only knew about Lake Mead...

I have not really been to the Southwest other than to give a conference paper once in Phoenix. In any case, congratulations on the scanner! The 9000 should let you do so many things with the film you shoot. Nothing makes it easier to shoot film than a good scanner. It allows you to get the day to day stuff on the web, to make nice digital prints, and also do some repair and post processing work if necessary.

Francois_A

tjv, Please bring on some photos with that new 50mm. I have 80mm and 65mm and need to decide on a "wider".
Hi Cindy,
Just like you, I also have the 65mm, and decided to get the 43mm, since I thought the 50mm is just too close in focal length to the 65mm. They are almost as close as a 35mm would be to a 28mm in the 35mm format.

Just my 2 cents!
Francois

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks again, Stuart. I was able to get a brand new 9000. Robert (Monza) pulled that off. It required waiting about 3 months, but was worth the wait.

Francois, I am pretty sure that I should go for a 43mm when I am ready to buy the next lens. I bought a 7-14mm for my micro 4/3 (14-28 in 35mm terms) and am loving the wider view that that setup affords. I think that a 43mm will be spectacular on the Mamiya 7.

Lloyd

I'm trying to get a handle on my new scanner. I still don't have the glass carrier yet.
View from London Bridge, Lake Havasu City, AZ Mamiya 7, 65 f/4, Ektar 100

St. Mary's Basilica in Phoenix Mamiya 7, 65 f/4, Ektar 100
Terrific shots, Cindy.

otumay

Hi everyone!

I'm from the digital side, but thought I could post a few images shot with Nikon F6 and Kodak Professional Ektachrome, and scanned by Nikon 9000ED, with a little pp in PS CS4. Unfortunately I do not remember which lens I used. All shots are from the Topkapi Palace, Istanbul. Thanks for looking.

Best,

Osman

Lloyd

Hi everyone!

I'm from the digital side, but thought I could post a few images shot with Nikon F6 and Kodak Professional Ektachrome, and scanned by Nikon 9000ED, with a little pp in PS CS4. Unfortunately I do not remember which lens I used. All shots are from the Topkapi Palace, Istanbul. Thanks for looking.

Best,

Osman
These are really wonderful, Osman! Love the light in the first two, and the composition of the third one is perfect. :thumbup:

Stuart Richardson

Fogged film can sometimes look interesting...

It turned out interesting enough (well, at least the last one), but it was rather annoying. I have the darkroom light on a dimmer, and the switch broke...this caused it to spontaneously turn on at the exact moment that I was loading the film. It was a one in a million chance, but of course, those do happen every once in awhile.