The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Anthony, Nice.
Maggie, I am enjoying looking into a slice of your family's past. These photos are great. You have a treasure here.

Maggie O

Anthony, Nice.
Maggie, I am enjoying looking into a slice of your family's past. These photos are great. You have a treasure here.
Thanks, Cindy! I've really been enjoying unearthing my old negatives and sprucing them up. Some of them were treated about as well as one of Michael Vick's dogs, if you know what I mean. Scratch city.

Here's on from my Canonet that I just finished restoring:

Mr. Mashek At His Desk, Oakland, NE, 1979

Not a perfect retouch job, but man, Photoshop sure beats those little brushes! I don't think I would have even tried to restore that back in the wet print days.

khc1013

Thanks all for the love.

I am having a hard time keep up with the thread.

A question for Maggie. Did you use any filter with the HIE shooting indoor? I have some in the freezer. In the next couple weeks, I am going to take them out. :) I totally forgot about them.

Maggie O

A question for Maggie. Did you use any filter with the HIE shooting indoor? I have some in the freezer. In the next couple weeks, I am going to take them out. :) I totally forgot about them.
I always used the deep red filter with the HIE, IIRC. It's been a long time, but I think so, you know?

m_driscoll

I've been musing about getting an F6. I have a lot of Nikon glass; so, why not? These were with a Nikkormat and are from the early 1970's. I'm trying to get the measure of the V750 and old negs. Tri-X Pan (which isn't in Silverfast's Negafix?). Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

Long gone thrift store near the Pike Place Market

Pioneer Square, original Skid Road District, 1st & Yesler looking South

1st Ave. near the Pike Place Market.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Another one from last Dec. Nikon fm2 24mm FP4 i think.
Anthony: Nicely done. I like the heavy shadow at the bottom.Is that a shrine? I also see a camera with a cross through it!

Maggie: How in the H do you remember all of those people's names? Very impressive feat, and, nice photos. Why are the chairs on the desks and what did Mr. Mashek teach?

My negatives resided in shoeboxes until about a year ago. Michael Vick's dogs had also passed my way.

Professional: Nice work!:thumbup:

All: Why are there no women posting in the Nikon Forum? I went through an old thread and saw Maggie and Cindy there.

Cheers, Matt

Maggie O

Maggie: How in the H do you remember all of those people's names? Very impressive feat, and, nice photos. Why are the chairs on the desks and what did Mr. Mashek teach?

My negatives resided in shoeboxes until about a year ago. Michael Vick's dogs had also passed my way.

Professional: Nice work!:thumbup:

All: Why are there no women posting in the Nikon Forum? I went through an old thread and saw Maggie and Cindy there.
Thanks, Matt! Most of the folks in the photos have been family and I grew up in a very small town, so we knew everyone in school. My class was the largest to ever graduate from Oakland-Craig HS and we had all of fifty-two kids!

Mr. Mashek taught math and chemistry and was my favorite teacher. I'm a big science fiction fan and he turned me on to a lot of great books. He was also a very funny guy and class was both fun and tough. I loved him. (My sister, however absolutely hated him and my dad even went and threatened the guy when Sue was failing geometry- she's the youngest and can do no wrong and I'm the oldest and can do no right...)

The chairs were probably up on the table because class had either not started yet for the day or it was the last period of the day; we put the chairs up so the custodians could clean the floors after school.

I don't post in the Nikon forum because the only Nikon I have is my F3! (Which, BTW is a great camera and would be a great choice for a film SLR- they're pretty cheap now and rugged as all hell.)

Maggie O

I've been scanning again. Here are some more photos from the Canonet:

Mr. Johnson Hammers A Dodge, Pep Rally, Oakland, NE, 1979

Model Shop Zombie, Craig, NE, 1978

m_driscoll

Thanks, Matt! Most of the folks in the photos have been family and I grew up in a very small town, so we knew everyone in school. My class was the largest to ever graduate from Oakland-Craig HS and we had all of fifty-two kids!

Mr. Mashek taught math and chemistry and was my favorite teacher. I'm a big science fiction fan and he turned me on to a lot of great books. He was also a very funny guy and class was both fun and tough. I loved him. (My sister, however absolutely hated him and my dad even went and threatened the guy when Sue was failing geometry- she's the youngest and can do no wrong and I'm the oldest and can do no right...)

The chairs were probably up on the table because class had either not started yet for the day or it was the last period of the day; we put the chairs up so the custodians could clean the floors after school.

I don't post in the Nikon forum because the only Nikon I have is my F3! (Which, BTW is a great camera and would be a great choice for a film SLR- they're pretty cheap now and rugged as all hell.)
I've been scanning again. Here are some more photos from the Canonet:
Mr. Johnson Hammers A Dodge, Pep Rally, Oakland, NE, 1979

Model Shop Zombie, Craig, NE, 1978
Maggie: I'm not sure that I have any photos from my high school years. It would be interesting to see some of that again. Strangely enough, the high school that i went to is about seven blocks from where we live now!

Nice scanning and photos. Hammering a Dodge and Zombie are very cool. :toocool:
I'm probably going to wait on the film Nikon and see what's the next gen of Nikon FX's. Cheers, Matt

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Here's a grainy self-portrait from about 1972-3. Nikkormat and Tri-X Pan.

I left the uneven film edge to show that I don't crop film (I just read that in a book; actually, I was supposed to leave the sides like in a contact print)! Didn't straighten it either; although that was a really old house. Maybe it is straight? Cheers, Matt

Maggie O

I left the uneven film edge to show that I don't crop film (I just read that in a book; actually, I was supposed to leave the sides like in a contact print)! Didn't straighten it either; although that was a really old house. Maybe it is straight? Cheers, Matt

"Don't shoot, I'm just the piano player!" "Too late, self." That photo would make a great album cover. The piano is fantastic and you've got a seriously badass/Beethoven look going on there!

My Nikon scanner only shows the edges of frames- I get white bands on the top and the bottom, so I can't duplicate the filed-out negative carrier look that all of my wet prints have. (Except the ones I cropped! :ROTFL: )

Maggie O

Some more from the Canonet:

A Pep Rally, Oakland, NE, 1979

For me, it's the reactions in the crowd that are the real subject of the photos.

Lloyd

Great SP, Matt. What's ironic is that we had very similar hair at the time. (Actually, I was in the Marines in 72-73, so it was very short right then, but once I was out...)

m_driscoll

"Don't shoot, I'm just the piano player!" "Too late, self." That photo would make a great album cover. The piano is fantastic and you've got a seriously badass/Beethoven look going on there!

My Nikon scanner only shows the edges of frames- I get white bands on the top and the bottom, so I can't duplicate the filed-out negative carrier look that all of my wet prints have. (Except the ones I cropped! :ROTFL: )
Maggie: :LOL:

Some more from the Canonet:
A Pep Rally, Oakland, NE, 1979

For me, it's the reactions in the crowd that are the real subject of the photos.
Maggie: These are great! You're right the expressions on the faces are wonderful! But, what were those people doing??? :thumbup: :LOL:

Great SP, Matt. What's ironic is that we had very similar hair at the time. (Actually, I was in the Marines in 72-73, so it was very short right then, but once I was out...)
Lloyd: I got out in 1971. I'm guessing 72-73; but, that entire decade's a blur!

Cheers, Matt