The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

jbcrane

1970's. Nikkormat and probably Tri-X. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
Hi Matt,
I love this... love shooting fire escapes, too. Some of my favorite street shots are of fire escapes in Chicago. Well done. Bet you can't wait to run some Tri-X through your new beauty. Did it arrive today?

Maggie O

Maggie-
Those are all great. I remember when they were doing the construction on I-70 in Glenwood. Great that you captured that... what a mess that was. Love the dog... long live the F3. Never had one but have heard it's a pleasure to work with...
Thanks and welcome, John! The F3 was my main camera for a very, very long time and it served me very well. I'm running a roll of Ektar through it right now, but it seems like I grab one of the Leicas more often, so it's taking a while.

shtarka1

Maggie....More Cool Images!

JB...Nice To See You Here & Like All Of Your Work...Primo! Your Putting The F6 Bug In My Ear Again!:)

m_driscoll

Greetings All, I'm new around here and have only just now found you kindered spirits who still shoot film (been hanging out in the Nikon digital forum, minding my own business...)

I shoot 3 systems: Nikon digital (D3S), my much loved Nikon F6 and Mamiya RZ67 ProII. Here's a few from 3 weeks ago. I just paid off my car and am going through a second honeymoon with her as we replace brakes, tires, iridium spark plugs and all kinds of other hoo-hah. This is the RZ with a 120 back (FP4+) and the 110/2.8 at ƒ22 scanned with the EPSON V500.

Loving all the great pictures here and will come back later to comment... especially love Gary's industrial shots and the french couple dancing... just superb work everyone.

Adios-
John: Welcome. Nice images. In another year, i'll have the first car that i've ever paid off. Usually lease, or trade in too soon. I'm being frugal; so, i can afford more camera gear. It's a good thing my wife doesn't read these posts.

Spent some more time tonight in your F6 Gallery. Some great play with narrow DOF in there too.

More from the F3:

Construction, I-70, June, 1989

[5154_809707cf7f_b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Those three on T-Max400

Kodak HIE for this one:
Bonnie and Trees, Craig, NE, 1987

This one is from the Canonet, loaded with Tri-X:
The Canonet was easy to bring to class with me and so quiet it was rare when anyone noticed me using it. When that shot appeared in the yearbook, Mr. Hasenkamp was shocked to find out I'd been snapping pix in his classroom!
maggie: very nice. The construction shot's great. Gotta smooth out those highways. Bonnie and Trees is too cool!:cool:

Hi Matt,
I love this... love shooting fire escapes, too. Some of my favorite street shots are of fire escapes in Chicago. Well done. Bet you can't wait to run some Tri-X through your new beauty. Did it arrive today?
John: Thanks. They're disappearing around here (don't meet codes). The F6 didn't arrive today. Apparently Priority Overnight is just a guideline. In the morning, i hope.

JB...Nice To See You Here & Like All Of Your Work...Primo! Your Putting The F6 Bug In My Ear Again!:)
Steve: I'd tell you to got bed; but, you're probably just getting up to go work out! Don't slobber on Ashwin's 0.95. :LOL:

I'm going to bed. :sleep006::sleep006: Cheers, Matt.
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

T

tokengirl

Big Sky, I-70, June, 1989

Bonnie and Trees, Craig, NE, 1987
Maggie,

These are all great, I especially love these two. The IR especially. I just got a couple of rolls of Rollei IR, can't wait to shoot it.

m_driscoll

This is super. It reminds me of the building on the cover of Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffiti", like maybe this is the back of the building.
Claire: Thanks. :D I remember that album cover. I'll have to look at it when I get home. Maybe i could photoshop the band in: sitting down against the brick wall sharing wine in a paper bag (or doing something else illegal).

Matt!! These are terrific! Wow.
Lloyd: Thank you, sir! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenofolio.com

Maggie O

Thanks, Steve!

maggie: very nice. The construction shot's great. Gotta smooth out those highways. Bonnie and Trees is too cool!:cool:
Thanks, Matt! I really did like Kodak's IR B&W film, even if it was ridiculously delicate. The results were worth the trouble, but my heart was broken many times by big half-moons from damaged film ruining a frame.

Maggie,
These are all great, I especially love these two. The IR especially. I just got a couple of rolls of Rollei IR, can't wait to shoot it.
Thank you, Claire! Please tell us about how that film is to use, develop and scan. I always got such a kick out of IR film, it'd be nice to shoot some again. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos with it!

Maggie O

1970's again. Nikkormat and Tri-X (i think that's the only B & W film that i shot because it was easy to push and develop). Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Tri-X is the greatest! Especially back in the 1970's.

Great work with it on display here, Matt. Have you thought about rendering your scans into grayscale? I found that I can get better blacks in the photo by doing that; just a suggestion, these look pretty damn good in sepia.

Stuart Richardson

Cool shots everyone -- just a quick note on Rollei IR while it is still apropos -- it is not that similar to HIE -- it is more like Ilford SFX. It is only sensitive to around 750nm (HIE went to 900), and does not show much IR effect unless you use a visible light blocking filter.

T

tokengirl

Cool shots everyone -- just a quick note on Rollei IR while it is still apropos -- it is not that similar to HIE -- it is more like Ilford SFX. It is only sensitive to around 750nm (HIE went to 900), and does not show much IR effect unless you use a visible light blocking filter.
Thanks for the heads-up, before I waste a roll shooting it with a red 25a filter. I should probably use a #72, yes?

photoSmart42

Finally had a chance to take my new camera, my new film, and my new lens out for a spin. Very pleased with everything.

Canon F-1 + Canon FD 35/2 S.S.C. + Ilford HP5 Plus ASA400

m_driscoll