The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

m_driscoll

Post and run! i'll be back. Early 1970's with Nikkormat and Tri-X. Scanned last night with Epson VP750. Negatives weren't stored well and probably not developed well (I did them). Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

"Spitting or Looking?"

"Just looking"; 1st Avenue before gentrification

"Diversity"; Pike Place Market

"No Photos!"; This is at the "flying fish" market, today's #1 photo op in the Pike Place Market? Not so much then.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Stuart Richardson

They are great Matt, particularly the "diversity" ones. It is so interesting how time can change things in such a relatively short time. 35-40 years is not really very long in a lot of ways, but it looks like an entirely different time.

Here are a few more photos from the same set I posted before.

And these two are from my first time processing C-41. I still don't like C-41, but at least I can now process it for people.
First with the 240mm f/5.5 Tele-Xenar, and the second with a 60mm Curtagon on a Rollei 6008AF.

m_driscoll

Steve: Thank you, Sir. That photo does have a bit of that Eastern European look.

Took my Holga for a spin this past weekend at the Fair with some 120 Ilford B&W film. I kinda like the results.
Thank you! Here's a few more:
Dragos: These are very cool. I like the results too.

Ricoh ff90, CVS 400 :)
Steve: Very cool. Nice grainy PP. Does this mean that you unboxed the scanner?

These two are classics, Matt! Like something out of Frank's The Americans.
Maggie: You're too kind! But, interestingly, that book is on the coffee table three feet away from me.

Lovely images Matt! Do you find that contrast is inherent in the Nikon lenses? They always seemed really contrasty to me. I like how it works in these images, but sometimes I find the nikons like Astia better than provia. Mamiya is the same way -- Astia is my E100G and E100G is my velvia in the Mamiya 7!

Maggie -- aren't Konicas great? I am really like the look of your shots. The tones and bokeh are great.
I have just shot a roll in my Konica Hexar AF, and it is making me ask why I don't use it more often? I have a lot more keepers than usual with it....It is such a discreet and easy camera to bring along, and the look is wonderful. Here are some shots I took with it...
These are from a coffee with my friend Lára. Lovely window light there, and the best coffee I have ever had...Icelanders know their coffee. Seriously! Don't ask my why...I guess cold and dark winters demand superior coffee...

Another friend on a drive out in the country. Taken around 11pm if you are thinking about the daylight here...

And finally, this guy always seems to pop up when I am near mirrors. I have no idea who he is, but I like his camera!

Thank you guys!
Here is another photo, but this from a 4x5 with a 1960s Schneider 240mm f/5.5 Tele-Xenar. I have some color versions too that I have not processed yet. I like this one, but it is a bit stern because I told her to stay still. I should have had her look at the camera I think...

I turned around and gave her the Hexar to shoot with, and she took this photo of me and the setup -- it was a gorgeous setting. I will post another photo of it in a moment. Yes, I know I should not raise the column like that...it was on top of a mountain and I did not have a better way to set up the tripod quickly!
They are great Matt, particularly the "diversity" ones. It is so interesting how time can change things in such a relatively short time. 35-40 years is not really very long in a lot of ways, but it looks like an entirely different time.
Here are a few more photos from the same set I posted before.

And these two are from my first time processing C-41. I still don't like C-41, but at least I can now process it for people.
First with the 240mm f/5.5 Tele-Xenar, and the second with a 60mm Curtagon on a Rollei 6008AF.
Stuart: Thanks. It's fun to go through these old photos and see where 35 years have brought us.

I think the nikon lenses are contrasty with film. I have some Velvia out being processed. I'm shooting everything that I can buy. Still trying to figure out which film(s) I like.
You've posted some wonderful photographs. The portraits are great (including yours). Lara takes very pleasing portraits (with your help of course). Your other friend has a bit of a dark look. Very striking. I like the framing and the Brechtian shadow in the last color photo.

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Post and run! i'll be back. Early 1970's with Nikkormat and Tri-X. Scanned last night with Epson VP750. Negatives weren't stored well and probably not developed well (I did them). Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

"Spitting or Looking?"

"Just looking"; 1st Avenue before gentrification

"Diversity"; Pike Place Market

"No Photos!"; This is at the "flying fish" market, today's #1 photo op in the Pike Place Market? Not so much then.

Priceless Work Matt! Love These!!! (Scanner Still Sits In The Box:eek:)

khc1013

Darn!! missed a few days and there are many lovely shots.

i am not a macro guy or never into it, but one day all the sudden i just took the fm2n with the 55/2.5 macro out just for the tampopo. shot on velvia 50.

Stuart Richardson

I am going to be pedantic for a moment, and I don't mean it to call anyone out, just so things don't get confusing. The "E" in E100G and E100GX is for Ektachrome. Ektar is the name for the color negative film, which is a different thing entirely. E100G and E100GX are really nice films -- E100G is probably closest to Provia. They are both saturated but normal films. E100GX is similar, but has a warmer color balance...Fuji does not have an equivalent. The Velvia films ARE more saturated than E100G and E100GX, but a difference can be in the scanning...
If you guys would rather I just keep this stuff to myself and just get on with the pictures, please let me know! I will not be offended. Sometimes I lose track of what is interesting to me, and what everyone else couldn't care less about....

khc1013

I am going to be pedantic for a moment, and I don't mean it to call anyone out, just so things don't get confusing. The "E" in E100G and E100GX is for Ektachrome. Ektar is the name for the color negative film, which is a different thing entirely. E100G and E100GX are really nice films -- E100G is probably closest to Provia. They are both saturated but normal films. E100GX is similar, but has a warmer color balance...Fuji does not have an equivalent. The Velvia films ARE more saturated than E100G and E100GX, but a difference can be in the scanning...
If you guys would rather I just keep this stuff to myself and just get on with the pictures, please let me know! I will not be offended. Sometimes I lose track of what is interesting to me, and what everyone else couldn't care less about....
Thanks for explaining :)
If you are wondering, I do know Ektar is color negative. I am sorry if I were the one brought up this confusion here. I am just really surprised that the image from Ektar seems to be very saturated. And the velvia result I got is a bit flat in my eyes. You are right, the result may vary due to the scanning process. And even the lighting too.

I don't have much experience with kodak film in color(both negative and slide). Your information is very helpful to me. I would love to try some kodak color film in the future. :)

Maggie O

Keep it coming, Stuart!

Chemistry is a good thing.

So Matt, were you shooting Ektar negatives or E100GX 'chromes?

m_driscoll

Very Colorful shots.
Seems like Ektar is more colorful than Velvia. I will have to try is sometimes.
Keep it coming, Stuart!
Chemistry is a good thing.
So Matt, were you shooting Ektar negatives or E100GX 'chromes?
Anthony/Stuart/Maggie: I'm interested in all of this! Now, I'm confused. I just checked the invoice, and I made a mistake with this label (too dependent on digital EXIF data). Saw the "Ekt..." and "100" and my brain filled in the rest! It's Ektachrome E100GX. :eek::scry:

Anthony: BTW, nice macros posted.

Thanks everybody for calling me out. If, I still had a T-square, I'd fall on it (Architect joke). Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

I'll try again. Maggie - now, I know why I liked this roll of Ektar. I need a little more film management discipline. It was easier when all I shot was Tri-X. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. F6; Fuji Velvia 100

2. F6; Kodak Ekatchrome E100GX

3. F6; Fuji Velvia 100

4. F6; Kodak Ekatchrome E100GX

5. F6; Kodak Ekatchrome E100GX

6. F6; Kodak Ekatchrome E100GX