The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Jeremy

The nephew: Rolleiflex and Acros 100.

My friend, LinZ: Rolleiflex and Acros 100

Music portrait: Hasselblad, 110 planar, and Acros 100

Lloyd

The nephew: Rolleiflex and Acros 100.

My friend, LinZ: Rolleiflex and Acros 100

Music portrait: Hasselblad, 110 planar, and Acros 100
Very nice shots. (as is the one of the band in the Nikon forum). Very cute friend.:thumbup:

Jeremy

Very nice shots. (as is the one of the band in the Nikon forum). Very cute friend.:thumbup:
Thanks, Lloyd. I've been out of the "game" for a bit as life has gotten in the way, but it's really fun to grab a sheet of negs and get back into it. These are all images from 2009 that I'm finally getting around to scanning.

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd. I've been out of the "game" for a bit as life has gotten in the way, but it's really fun to grab a sheet of negs and get back into it. These are all images from 2009 that I'm finally getting around to scanning.
Well keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

(BTW, I'll see your 2009, and raise you 60 years... just spent part of the past two days scanning negs (ok positives, truth be told) from 1949!! (Ok, they're my father's slides, but...)) :D

Maggie O

A few more new scans. Photos from the early 1970's with a Nikkormat and Tri-X. Cheers, Matt. I'll see if i can shoot a little new film this weekend. :eek:

Matt, this might just be my favorite photo of yours. Technically excellent, emotionally complex and just plain beautiful. Well done, young Matt!!!

Lloyd

Matt, this might just be my favorite photo of yours. Technically excellent, emotionally complex and just plain beautiful. Well done, young Matt!!!
+1 from me. The whole set is nice (as is the color from the F6), but this is special. :thumbup:

Stuart Richardson

Yes, that really is a lovely one Matt! I love that they had to advertise hot and cold water. We have come a long way. That said, I lived for a year in Russia, and where I lived we were without hot water for six months and without ANY water for two months. It was mostly spread out over different periods, but when you have to get up in the morning and boil 4 liters of water just to take a bath you start to appreciate the simple things we don't even bother to think about!

Speaking of hot water, here are some from an abandoned section of the geothermal plant not too far from Reykjavík...

And here are two of some friends when we went out for a drive. The cottongrass is in bloom, and it is really beautiful. Sadly, I went for a walk and did not bring another roll of film, so these were the only two I could take! I wish I could have gotten more of the closeup, because I love the setting. The light was great too, as it was around 11:30pm and the sun had just gone behind the mountains...everything was softly lit.

m_driscoll

Nice shots Matt. I especially like the reflective road surface in the second one. BTW, I spent the summer of 1976 in Seattle, actually, I lived out near Snohomish, and was building houses in a then very rural Lake Stevens. I'd go to the Mariners games on weekends, and hung around downtown. Your old shots conjure lots of memories.
Lloyd: Thanks! :D Lake Stevens is all built up now. We probably walked by each other at some time!

Thanks, Matt! The healing spot brush in Photoshop is one of the greatest inventions ever, IMO! I sold a lot of guitars when I was young, too. But eventually wound up with a Nikon and a Stratocaster that I've still got, even though now I use Leicas and Telecasters! :ROTFL:
Love those vintage shots of your neighborhood, and yeah, those totally look like 28mm frames to me. The geometry of the painted lines playng with the street grid and the edges of the buildings really makes that first shot a formal delight and the light on the cobblestones in the second is just sensuous! They'd make a great diptych, with both printed at around 16x24, I reckon.
Maggie: Thank you. I use the one in LR3. I'll have to try Photoshop's. It'd be interesting to see how these photos print.

Jeremy: +1. (insert thumbup here)

Well keep 'em coming! :thumbup:
(BTW, I'll see your 2009, and raise you 60 years... just spent part of the past two days scanning negs (ok positives, truth be told) from 1949!! (Ok, they're my father's slides, but...)) :D
Lloyd: Very cool. Please share some, if you can? From what you'd posted before, your father was an excellent photographer. :salute:

Love the old stuff Matt!
Beautiful!
Steve: Thanks!. (insert smile here) Hopefully, my scanning trip down memory lane's OK? I also need to get out and shoot more with the F6.

+1 from me. The whole set is nice (as is the color from the F6), but this is special. :thumbup:
Lloyd: Thanks again! :D

Maggie: Thank you! :D I'll tell him, next time i see him. :) I wonder if old Matt would have took that photo? I'd like to think so.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Yes, that really is a lovely one Matt! I love that they had to advertise hot and cold water. We have come a long way. That said, I lived for a year in Russia, and where I lived we were without hot water for six months and without ANY water for two months. It was mostly spread out over different periods, but when you have to get up in the morning and boil 4 liters of water just to take a bath you start to appreciate the simple things we don't even bother to think about!
Speaking of hot water, here are some from an abandoned section of the geothermal plant not too far from Reykjavík...

And here are two of some friends when we went out for a drive. The cottongrass is in bloom, and it is really beautiful. Sadly, I went for a walk and did not bring another roll of film, so these were the only two I could take! I wish I could have gotten more of the closeup, because I love the setting. The light was great too, as it was around 11:30pm and the sun had just gone behind the mountains...everything was softly lit.
Stuart, would it be inappropriate to mention how much I have come to love you and your photography? ;)
Stuart: Thank you and +1 (what Maggie said).
That's true about the simple things we take for granted. Although, experiencing the downs make the ups better, and are usually better stories.

The geothermal plant's very sculptural and the cotton grass is beautiful. Excellent B&W. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Stuart Richardson

Maggie -- no, I don't think it would be inappropriate! Thank you very much! And thanks to you too Matt! I hope to go out and visit both places again soon, they are both less than an hour from the city.