The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Jeremy

I like these a lot more than the betterlight images. I don't know why yet, but I'm thinking on it. The aspect ratio is spot on, too; it makes me think of individual pool lanes as relating to your vision and taking visual "laps" through the space.

edit: on that note, betterlight scans--the literal act of scanning--is rather reminiscent of laps and the motion of water itself. still like these more, though--maybe it's the almost saccharine feel of the soft focus in *this* environment that doesn't work for me as well. almost too obvious: the soft focus in the "hard" area. dunno. either way, you're the still bee's knees and I dig all of your work--i'm talking in degrees of awesome here :)

JimCollum

i like this format a lot.. i've dreamed of an xpan size/format digital rangefinder (full size sensor). The aspect ratio is just about perfect for pano, and I prefer the flat pano, rather than the sweeping kind you get with the Betterlight pano adapter.

I took some Kodachrome at the same time with the xpan.. willl be interesting to compare the two when i get them back

a few more from the shoot

I like these a lot more than the betterlight images. I don't know why yet, but I'm thinking on it. The aspect ratio is spot on, too; it makes me think of individual pool lanes as relating to your vision and taking visual "laps" through the space.

edit: on that note, betterlight scans--the literal act of scanning--is rather reminiscent of laps and the motion of water itself. still like these more, though--maybe it's the almost saccharine feel of the soft focus in *this* environment that doesn't work for me as well. almost too obvious: the soft focus in the "hard" area. dunno. either way, you're the still bee's knees and I dig all of your work--i'm talking in degrees of awesome here :)

scho

Just finished scanning some T400 CN shot last winter with the Contax G2 and 45mm Planar. I liked the way the warm/neutral split tone worked on this image - almost like the actual colors.