The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

m_driscoll

Nice image and great story. I don't think I would want to live on a rock out in the Pacific.
Carl: Thanks! not where I'd like to live either.

Just wanted to add one last old rollei scan to this series. Nice thing about the TLR was the ease of getting down to the right level to shoot the little folks. Cape Cod bay at low tide, also circa early 70's.
Carl: Priceless images. :salute:

I am officially addicted.

Stiltsville-1 by MsMambo, on Flickr
Horizon Perfekt, Fuji Astia, split toning in Lightroom.
Claire: No intervention here. These photos are great! Striking pp. :thumbup:

Santa Cruz, California
Lewis: Nice angle and composition! Crisp B&W. Well done. :thumbup:

A few snaps from the local farmers market. Contax G2 + 45mm f/2 Planar on Ilford XP2.
Carl: Excellent series of photos. :thumbup:

Mamiya 7, Velvia 100F, Library in Södermalm, Stockholm/Sweden:

"

Library, Stockholm (2010_004_001) by YeTI78 (mgphoto.net), on Flickr
Msglueck: Great color and composition. Gotta love Velvia! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

scho

I'll add a few new photos to my mix. All with Nikon F6 and Ilford FP4 Plus. Cheers, Matt.
Beautiful B&W work. Love the look of FP4.

Carl: Thanks! not where I'd like to live either.

Carl: Priceless images. :salute:

Carl: Excellent series of photos. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt
Thanks Matt. I should have corrected the last series taken with the 35mm Planar and not the 45.

mathomas

A couple from my Fuji GW690III (Texas Leica):

Downtown Buena Vista, CO from across the AK river. Not the world's greatest landscape photo due to very strong morning light, thus strong contrast. But this image just amazed me with its detail. Fuji did (does?) make some really nice lenses. You could cut yourself on this negative (just check out the details on the mountains in the background). Ilford Delta 100.

See the full-size scan.

Took a few shots with the Denver-area APUG crew at the Gates Rubber Factory (defunct). This one on Adox CHS Art 100, with a yellow filter:

And, one of my usual, weird, dark mystery shots, on Delta 100 with yellow filter (don't ask me why I shoot these -- I guess I just like shapes and tones sometimes):

Maggie O

And, one of my usual, weird, dark mystery shots, on Delta 100 with yellow filter (don't ask me why I shoot these -- I guess I just like shapes and tones sometimes):

I really like that! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Cool shapes, cool tones, what's not to like?

m_driscoll

Moss Landing, California
One of my all time favorite cars. Just wish it were mine.
Contax G1, 45mm lens, BW400CN, edited in NIK Silver Efex Pro
Lewis: Nicely done. That first is sort of post-apocalyptic. Mad Max! Beautiful car photo. The grain is really nice. :thumbup:

Scott: Nice photos. I esp. like the composition and the character of this one. I don't recall see that advertisement on the bus in Germany. I wonder what it's advertising? Clearly, most Germans would know the english meaning. Although, the english clothing company FUK got away with it.

A couple from my Fuji GW690III (Texas Leica):
Downtown Buena Vista, CO from across the AK river. Not the world's greatest landscape photo due to very strong morning light, thus strong contrast. But this image just amazed me with its detail. Fuji did (does?) make some really nice lenses. You could cut yourself on this negative (just check out the details on the mountains in the background). Ilford Delta 100.

See the full-size scan.
Took a few shots with the Denver-area APUG crew at the Gates Rubber Factory (defunct). This one on Adox CHS Art 100, with a yellow filter:

Mike: Texas Leica! :LOL: Those photos are great. Interesting camera. The detail is awesome! Mystery shot's cool. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

mathomas

Mike: Texas Leica! :LOL: Those photos are great. Interesting camera. The detail is awesome! Mystery shot's cool. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Thanks, Matt. I can highly recommend the Fuji GW/GSW line, after having put a few rolls through mine. The only bummer is you only get 8 shots per 120 roll. The upside is you never have to wait long to put the "right" film in :).

Lloyd

Grainy, underexposed, Tri-X from the early 1970's. We'd buy it in bulk and load it into cartridges in the lab at school. An old friend. Cheers, Matt.

A very attractive "old friend" Matt. And wonderful light on her face in that last one.

You know, there is a special quality to these grainy image that people, and even photographers today don't see or appreciate. I sort of forget myself, and then see one of these, and the reminder brings a flood of nostalgia... sort of like hearing a song from that era, the hearing of which can transport you immediately to another time and place. Thanks for sharing.

m_driscoll

A very attractive "old friend" Matt. And wonderful light on her face in that last one.

You know, there is a special quality to these grainy image that people, and even photographers today don't see or appreciate. I sort of forget myself, and then see one of these, and the reminder brings a flood of nostalgia... sort of like hearing a song from that era, the hearing of which can transport you immediately to another time and place. Thanks for sharing.
Lloyd: Thank you. :D She was pretty. No idea where she is now. That's a very apt description. Same way I feel and the same thing happens to me.

Cheers, Matt.