The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

m_driscoll

Thanks, Matt. I can highly recommend the Fuji GW/GSW line, after having put a few rolls through mine. The only bummer is you only get 8 shots per 120 roll. The upside is you never have to wait long to put the "right" film in :).
Mike: I saw one at the camera store today. It is "Texas -sized", or as we say up here, "Alaska-sized" (actually, we don't). It was a big camera and already sold.

That's just a gorgeous photo of a very attractive woman, Matt!
Maggie: Thank you! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A couple of rare photos of my wife, Marleigh, from the mid-70's.
She's camera shy (witness relocation?). She's in a church in Seattle's U-District that one of my rugby buddies bought. We never knew where he got the money to buy it and didn't ask. Tri-X Pan. Thanks for looking.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Just got a used Mamiya 7 (thanks Cindy!), this is from the first roll tonight.

Yeah! Look at that detail! I hope that you enjoy it. I'm impressed that you have a roll developed already. I'd shoot more MF if I developed it myself. I haven't gotten there yet.
Did you get what you expected from the metering? I have followed Stuart's advice to meter off of the horizon and it has always worked good for me.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I bought Randy's old Contax G2 and here is one from a Civil War re-enactment Sunday. Kodak Gold 200 (drug store cheap!) 90 f/2.8 at f/8.

Scott G

Yeah! Look at that detail! I hope that you enjoy it. I'm impressed that you have a roll developed already. I'd shoot more MF if I developed it myself. I haven't gotten there yet.
Did you get what you expected from the metering? I have followed Stuart's advice to meter off of the horizon and it has always worked good for me.
Cindy, I am still scanning the first roll, but so far the metering looks fine. LOTS of detail, and seeing those giant negatives hanging to dry is really addictive!

Lewis44

Scott,
Velvia 50 on this one as I remember. Love Velvia for this kind of image.

Cindy,
Hope you are enjoying the G2.
I took the new one out for the week and am waiting for the film back.
I Hope there are some good shots of Morro Bay, Ca.