The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

T

tokengirl

I got the black one. The kit I got came with the lens hood and case, usually they are extra. The build quality is very nice, it's a little smaller than I expected, and lighter. Very easy to take everywhere. Everything on the roll I shot was exposed properly, and the autofocus is quicker than I expected - at least as good as my Canon G10.

m_driscoll

I just got a Fuji Klasse W, darn nice little camera. It will probably be even better when I figure out how to use it - the freaking manual is only in Japanese. :confused:

From the first test roll (Ektar), the second image converted to B&W in Silver Efex Pro.

Claire: These are really excellent! Nice compositions. Great IQ, color, and contrast. Looked at it on Ebay. Cool camera. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
ScottG, You are really going to town. I would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite from this set. They are all wonderful.

Would you comment on the aspects of Hassy vs the Mamiya 7?

Scott G

Cindy, Maggie, Carl -- wow, thanks for the encouragement!

Cindy, the Hassy and Mamiya are really 2 different animals. The Hassy is unlike any camera that I have used, and honestly that is a large part of its appeal. Square format, big, heavy, loud shutter, but also brilliantly engineered. Focusing is fast and easy, and I love the 150mm Zeiss Sonnar, it really fits with what I have been shooting lately. Handheld shooting is not a problem. I normally just carry a camera with a wrist strap and put a few rolls of film in my pocket. The Hassy is too big for that, so I have shoulder strap on it, but the size doesn't really bother me.

As you know better than most, the Mamiya is very portable, and unbelievably quiet. Very much like a large Leica M. Easier to shoot handheld than the Hassy, especially at slower shutter speeds. I am slightly burned out on rangefinders, so the Hassy is getting more use at the moment, but I plan to use the 7 more frequently soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy, Maggie, Carl -- wow, thanks for the encouragement!

Cindy, the Hassy and Mamiya are really 2 different animals. The Hassy is unlike any camera that I have used, and honestly that is a large part of its appeal. Square format, big, heavy, loud shutter, but also brilliantly engineered. Focusing is fast and easy, and I love the 150mm Zeiss Sonnar, it really fits with what I have been shooting lately. Handheld shooting is not a problem. I normally just carry a camera with a wrist strap and put a few rolls of film in my pocket. The Hassy is too big for that, so I have shoulder strap on it, but the size doesn't really bother me.

As you know better than most, the Mamiya is very portable, and unbelievably quiet. Very much like a large Leica M. Easier to shoot handheld than the Hassy, especially at slower shutter speeds. I am slightly burned out on rangefinders, so the Hassy is getting more use at the moment, but I plan to use the 7 more frequently soon.

Thanks for the info, Scott....... I don't need a Hassy...no...I don't need a Hassy...no...I don't want a Hassy.:deadhorse:

T

tokengirl

Halloween is apparently starting a day early here.

Fuji Klasse W & HP5+.

T

tokengirl

Stunning shot! This is another camera that I will have to read up on. You are keeping me busy, Claire.
Thanks Cindy. It's basically a very nice point & shoot. Aperture Priority mode only. It's a very nice walk-around camera, with the 28mm lens. I like it a lot. I like it so much I may have to also get a Klasse S, which is the same camera but with a 38mm lens.

More from walking around yesterday (Ilford HP5+ developed in Ilfosol 3):

scho

Thanks Cindy. It's basically a very nice point & shoot. Aperture Priority mode only. It's a very nice walk-around camera, with the 28mm lens. I like it a lot. I like it so much I may have to also get a Klasse S, which is the same camera but with a 38mm lens.

More from walking around yesterday (Ilford HP5+ developed in Ilfosol 3):
Claire,

Very nice B&W work with the little Klasse. Love the shot with the Robert Frank quote.

m_driscoll