The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

mathomas

Testing a new 6x9 (Shen Hao TFC69-A) with some 120 Rollei ATP 1.1. Just a still life of some onions. I love the camera, but this film is a nightmare to handle and flatten after processing and drying. I tried reverse rolling on a plastic reel, but even after two days it still coils up like a snake. Any tips for dealing with unruly film like this? No problems with TMAX, but I like the grainless high accutance ATP negs.

This has really beautiful tones. The lighting is great (what can you tell us about it?).

T

tokengirl

Hope you will forgive this side-track, but here's our "beautiful boy", in his waning years.

His obituary on my web site
Handsome fella, that Jake! My favorite line from his obit: "In his old age, he could suddenly look ten years younger when there was pizza in the room."

I can relate to this - Jasmine's absolute favorite treat is the crust, a/k/a pizza bones. She turns into a complete whining slobbering idiot. :D

scho

This has really beautiful tones. The lighting is great (what can you tell us about it?).
Thanks Mike. Nothing special, just placed the basket on top of an electric range with black ceramic and lit from above by the small range halogen lamps. I was trying out a new little 6x9 field camera and shooting with 120 Rollie ATP in a Horseman 6x9 back. Rollei ATP gives very high acutance, grain free images but is also very difficult to handle after it is dry. Here is the camera:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Mike, I read your lovely tribute to your buddy, Jake. He was a handsome boy.

Carl, The new camera is beautiful ...and scary.:eek:

mathomas

Handsome fella, that Jake! My favorite line from his obit: "In his old age, he could suddenly look ten years younger when there was pizza in the room."

I can relate to this - Jasmine's absolute favorite treat is the crust, a/k/a pizza bones. She turns into a complete whining slobbering idiot. :D
Crusts, yep! :)

mathomas

Thanks Mike. Nothing special, just placed the basket on top of an electric range with black ceramic and lit from above by the small range halogen lamps. I was trying out a new little 6x9 field camera and shooting with 120 Rollie ATP in a Horseman 6x9 back. Rollei ATP gives very high acutance, grain free images but is also very difficult to handle after it is dry. Here is the camera:

Carl, that's a beautiful camera setup you have there. Even before you posted the photo of the camera I went to the Shen Hao site to check out their wares. The site doesn't really work for me, so I appreciate seeing your camera. I didn't realize anyone made 6x9cm view cameras. I enjoy shooting my Fuji GW690.

I love the fact that your props were simply put on a black surface and lit by kitchen lights.

scho

Mike, I read your lovely tribute to your buddy, Jake. He was a handsome boy.

Carl, The new camera is beautiful ...and scary.:eek:
Thanks Cindy. Really not scary at all. Very simple to use and no batteries:)

Carl, that's a beautiful camera setup you have there. Even before you posted the photo of the camera I went to the Shen Hao site to check out their wares. The site doesn't really work for me, so I appreciate seeing your camera. I didn't realize anyone made 6x9cm view cameras. I enjoy shooting my Fuji GW690.

I love the fact that your props were simply put on a black surface and lit by kitchen lights.
Thanks Mike. Badger Graphic has more info on the Shen Hao cameras.

T

tetsrfun

More home cooked B&W...rescanning some negs with 9000ED and Silverfast...I'm still at the "monkey and typewriter" stage.

Steve

Last edited:

Scott G

To be honest, no clue! I found it while walking around a reservoir I frequent, so I figured I would take it's portrait at sunset.

This thing is big enough to catch a whale, I can't imagine what someone would use it for in a freshwater reservoir??

Afterwards I released it back into the water so that it could play with all of the other artificial things floating around!

Last edited:
T

tokengirl

This thing is big enough to catch a whale, I can't imagine what someone would use it for in a freshwater reservoir??
You can catch largemouth and smallmouth bass with it, as well as hybrids and stripers. They are great in the salt too, I've caught snook redfish, sea trout and small tarpon with them.

Those things are about $6 a piece, so when I find them snagged on a tree or something I take them home with me and just replace the hooks.