The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

OlliL

And our first snow - probably a quarter of an inch, but enough to cause panic around here :wtf:
We just got another 2 inches during the last hour. :D

Forgot to ask: What film for the night shots?

Edit: Forget about it. Just looked at flickr :D
I have some 160 NC in my stylus epic, but haven't finished the first roll yet.

m_driscoll

Thanks! Very minimal PP done on that one, just the normal touching up for dust, and a little bit of contrast.

I love your 15mm shot, whenever I used one I could never hold the camera straight and you see the curvature of the earth...
Ollil: +1! It was introduced in 1932. Do you know how old your Leica II is? You should post a picture of it. :thumbup:

Another night shot :D

And our first snow - probably a quarter of an inch, but enough to cause panic around here :wtf:

Scott: Another excellent night shot! :thumbup: I thought it snowed all of the time in Baltimore? We get 10 mile gridlocks and abandoned cars on the freeways with 2" of snow. We just got 4-6" of rain in two days; so, lots of flooding. Beats hurricanes, ice storms and tornadoes, anyway.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

I've been scanning and processing down memory lane again. Here's a series from the early 1970's. My friend, Dianne, taken with a Nikkormat and Kodak Tri-X Pan. I posted one of these earlier, but, I've re-worked it. Hard to get the contrast right and have her face show well. Also, lots of spots and scratches on the negs. Cheers, Matt

OlliL

Thanks Matt,

Mine is one from the first batch.
Serial number is #86685 with the matching Elmar #99779.
I bought it from hulk on the classified here.

Ain't got a decent shot of it, but this may work:

The eye von oliverleschke auf Flickr

I also got a IIIc, converted to IIIf (the mysterious black dial IIIf with self timer :D ) in the mail yesterday, but that will be a Christmas present for me.

I like those old portraits.
They have there own style, which can't be artificially created.

Regards
Oliver

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt,

Mine is one from the first batch.
Serial number is #86685 with the matching Elmar #99779.
I bought it from hulk on the classified here.

Ain't got a decent shot of it, but this may work:

The eye von oliverleschke auf Flickr

I also got a IIIc, converted to IIIf (the mysterious black dial IIIf with self timer :D ) in the mail yesterday, but that will be a Christmas present for me.

I like those old portraits.
They have there own style, which can't be artificially created.

Regards
Oliver
Oliver: That camera's very cool! Merry Christmas to you! That's a great little camera, too.

BTW: that same book is sitting on my coffee table about 4' from me. Thanks about the portraits. Part of me thinks that i could get more out of film if i was back in the darkroom.

Cheers, Matt

Scott G

I've been scanning and processing down memory lane again. Here's a series from the early 1970's. My friend, Dianne, taken with a Nikkormat and Kodak Tri-X Pan. I posted one of these earlier, but, I've re-worked it. Hard to get the contrast right and have her face show well. Also, lots of spots and scratches on the negs. Cheers, Matt

Matt,

I love your memory lane photos, keep them coming!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Scott, The highway photos are amazing. I really like the first snow photo with the graffiti in the background.
Interstate 83 (Hassy 500CM)

OlliL, I'm so glad to see you posting from your Barnack. Mine is coming back later this week. I had to send it off for a CLA (and a new red skin was applied.) I can't wait to use it again. I just love the look that you achieved.

Scott, that first one just blew me away.

Such great colours! How much PP was applied?

Another one from the Leica II, with the Super-Wide Heliar 15mm

F1000011 von oliverleschke auf Flickr

The darkening on the left is caused by my (gloved) finger, touching the (turning) shutter speed dial... :eek:
Another night shot :D

Stunning photos from your past, Matt!

OlliL

Thanks Matt and Cindy!

The IIIf will get a CLA in January, as it has a dim rangefinder.
It will be my camera to use and the II is the collectors item :)

Just kidding, I use all my cameras, because that's what they were made for and in my opinion, a Barnack is great to handle.

Maggie O

There is so much wonderful work in this thread I can't even possibly begin to praise it enough. Thank you folks for sharing it!!!

T

tokengirl

For reasons I don't quite understand, I bought myself a 55 year old Rolleiflex C for Christmas.....:D

Who says you need a reason? ;)

You are kicking butt with this MF stuff. My goal next year is to delve into MF of some sort - the only MF gear I have now is my pinhole camera. But i think I'm ready to take it to a new level, you know, something with an actual lens. :D

T

tokengirl

I spent some time with my new best friend this weekend:

Can you spot George and Paul?

XPan & HP5+ in Rodinal 1:25
"Scanned" the negatives with my 5DMkII & 100mm macro.