The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Z

Zeiss

Scott,

great work here and on flickr!

Came across your images that you developed HC110 stand - could your briefly describe what you do for TriX 120 with HC110 stand?

Thanks.

Scott G

Scott,

great work here and on flickr!

Came across your images that you developed HC110 stand - could your briefly describe what you do for TriX 120 with HC110 stand?

Thanks.
It's pretty simple and relatively foolproof. Mix a 1 to 100 solution of HC110 (10 ml in 1000 ml) in room temperature water. This method is pretty independent of temperature, but the water must be exactly room temperature (ie if your room is anywhere from 65 to 80 degrees it is fine, but the water must be exactly that temperature -- I usually have a couple of 1 gallon jugs of water sitting around for just such an occasion).

Pour into your developing tank, do 5 or 6 gentle inversions for the first 30 seconds, give the tank a good hit or two to dislodge any air bubbles, and then leave alone. Do not touch it, do not let it vibrate or shake, just let it sit for 60 minutes. Then pour out, rinse, fix, etc like you would normally do.

It is great for not blowing out highlights, so I usually use it for high contrast photos, and for developing several types of film at the same time. It is also great when I am feeling lazy or thirsty -- it gives an hour for a few cocktails or whatever :D.

Some people complain about uneven development with 120 film, but I frequently do 3 rolls at a time in a Patterson tank and have never had any problems.

Depending on the film and exposure, the film will sometimes scan very flat -- this is actually good, just add contrast/curves to taste and you are fine.

This also works great with Rodinal, but I usually prefer the look of HC110.

There is a huge thread on this at RFF, here:

http://rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61643&highlight=rodinal+stand+develop

Hope this helps

Scott

T

tokengirl

Fuji Klasse W, which I now take absolutely everywhere with me, and Portra VC:

A dog walking his human:

Tenders at the yacht club:

Freeloaders at the fish cleaning station:

m_driscoll

Scott: Simply, and elegantly, composed faucet photo. :thumbup:
Zeiss: Nicely crafted Star of David and photo of it! Seasons Greetings to you. :thumbup:
Scott: Thanks for the recipe. It reminds me that i'm a lazy film shooter. :eek:
Claire: Thanks! :D Coincidentally, I got some Buckyballs for Christmas. Hard to put down. http://bfi.easystorecreator.com/items/toys-models/buckyballs-430-detail.htm

Fuji Klasse W, which I now take absolutely everywhere with me, and Portra VC:
A dog walking his human:

Tenders at the yacht club:
Freeloaders at the fish cleaning station:
Claire: Nice series! There's a really understated quality to the color in these photos that's very attractive. I like this one. :thumbup: I threatened to get a Welsh Terrier for christmas; but, i didn't. So, i'm still married.

Happy New year, all!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com