The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

T

tokengirl

I finally broke down and bought the glass carrier for my Nikon 9000 scanner. It sure makes life easier.

Mamiya 7, Ektar (desaturated), Mamiya 65mm f/4

I love these! You guys out west have way more good old broken down stuff around than we do - I'm kind of jealous. :D

T

tokengirl

I woke up this morning not planning to go out shooting, as it was supposed to be windy and cold (by Florida standards). But the front was slow to arrive, and I woke up to some pretty thick fog. So I grabbed The Beast and hustled down to the Everglades. By the time I got there, I pretty much missed all the fog action, but it was still pretty gloomy out. But sometimes lousy light is not so lousy.

I had what I consider a successful day. I shot one roll of Pan F+ and ended up happy with 6 shots. I'm not saying all six are good, I'm just happy with them. I'm starting to get used to composing in the square format, but still a long way to go.

It was raining a little when I got there. I must have looked pretty funny trying to set up while holding my umbrella. :eek:

I did a lot of reading and research before picking up the Hassy. There were a lot of recommendations not to get the old original uncoated 80mm lens, get the T*, they said - make sure you get the CF, I read time and time again. Well I bought the old original uncoated lens. Guess what? There's not a damn thing wrong with it as far as I can tell.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Leif, Steve and Claire.

Claire, These have a wonderful low-contrast look to them. Young mangrove is my favorite. You are a very talented lady when you can make a mangrove look so good.

I love these! You guys out west have way more good old broken down stuff around than we do - I'm kind of jealous. :D
BTW, I have been a Florida resident for the last 20 years and just moved away in April. I do like the southwest, but the grass always looks greener.....;)

T

tetsrfun

I had what I consider a successful day. I shot one roll of Pan F+ and ended up happy with 6 shots. I'm not saying all six are good, I'm just happy with them. I'm starting to get used to composing in the square format, but still a long way to go.
I was there a few weeks ago for the first time. It was different than my mental "picture" but your "Beast" pictures really capture the reality, especially the first. A lot of artistic talent in those few frames.

Steve

leif e

In the mail today was my Rolleicord V, back from fix #2 at Will van Maanen´s. So, I just had to give it a test (have only had one roll through it before - dropped it in the grass after I got it and it wouldn´t pull film anymore. CLA after purchase was #1).

Today was cold and very bright, luckily I was working from home, so the doggie and I sought out familiar places. Film was the Fuji Neopan 400cn (C-41 process).

Well, the Xenar lens seems to handle harsh light conditions rather well. The film advance is very uneven however. We´ll see.

leif e

shtarka1

In the mail today was my Rolleicord V, back from fix #2 at Will van Maanen´s. So, I just had to give it a test (have only had one roll through it before - dropped it in the grass after I got it and it wouldn´t pull film anymore. CLA after purchase was #1).

Today was cold and very bright, luckily I was working from home, so the doggie and I sought out familiar places. Film was the Fuji Neopan 400cn (C-41 process).

Well, the Xenar lens seems to handle harsh light conditions rather well. The film advance is very uneven however. We´ll see.

leif e

Leif, Clean,Fresh,Sharp & Pretty Images!
fotoman 6X12 portra 800 remnants of mclouth steel

Excellent Color & Comp!

T

tokengirl

A few more with the Contax RX, Zeiss 50mm f/1.7 Planar. Ektar 100, lab dev/scan.

I love the colors in this set. I think the Ektar might be the perfect "overcast day" film. Maybe one day they'll make a 400 Ektar? (not holding my breath...)

T

tokengirl

They look great - nice bright whites without being blown out. Excellent work. :thumbup:

mathomas

I love the colors in this set. I think the Ektar might be the perfect "overcast day" film. Maybe one day they'll make a 400 Ektar? (not holding my breath...)
Thanks! I love me some Ektar. I almost never shoot portraits, so I see no reason to shoot anything else, if I'm doing color. It would be nice to have a 400 option, though I'd probably only shoot it in medium format.

mathomas

I did a lot of reading and research before picking up the Hassy. There were a lot of recommendations not to get the old original uncoated 80mm lens, get the T*, they said - make sure you get the CF, I read time and time again. Well I bought the old original uncoated lens. Guess what? There's not a damn thing wrong with it as far as I can tell.
Great results in B&W for sure!!

500CM/Fuji Astia

And no slouch for color, either.

I'm guessing the coating recommendation is as much for flare control as contrast. Luckily, we hybrid photographers don't have to worry much about low contrast, since we can always pump it up later in digital PP.

Again, these photos make me want a Hassy, but I'd have to get rid of the Fuji GW to offset the cost, and I just can't make myself do it.

mathomas

leif e

Leif, these are very nice frames. Exposures seem spot-on.

T

tokengirl

Again, these photos make me want a Hassy, but I'd have to get rid of the Fuji GW to offset the cost, and I just can't make myself do it.
Definitely don't give up the Fuji, that's a really cool camera.

Put a few pennies aside here and there, bet you have enough saved up by Christmas. Older Hassies that function perfectly can be had for surprisingly little money, if you are willing to put up with an old lens, old focusing screen, etc. You don't need bells and whistles, just a camera that works correctly.