The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

leif e

First scan from a roll of Fuji Acros I put through the FM2 one bright day in January - a cold one. The beach different. :D AId Nikkor 2,8/24 (old) Rodinal 1+50

T

tetsrfun

You can say that again... Just discovered this thread and have really enjoyed the images posted. Haven't shot film in what seems like forever but may have to rethink that. There really is something special about a lot of these shots.
I found this thread a few months ago and the people and images got me back into B&W film and bathroom developing.

Steve

sizifo

The light and tones are incredible in this one!
Thanks. The composition is a bit off, which is driving me slightly crazy, because otherwise I'd probably be quite proud of this one.

As far as this thread - there is some really good stuff here. While I feel the forums have become too technically oriented for my liking over time (other than the digi medium format discussions which often have great entertainment value!), this and the leica M remain one of the few picture threads i still check regularly.

K

krb

Thanks, Scott. That was shot on some old TMax 400 (2001 expiration date) and was one of my first times developing my own film.

mathomas

This is another one from the early 1970's. Nikkormat and Kodak Plus-X Pan. I've spent a lot of time processing (over-processing?) it different ways. These are the four(?) that i ended up with. The main differences are the way the blown highlights at the top and bottom are treated and in the structure/grain.

I'd appreciate some criticism. Cheer, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, I like the whites in the second one, and the clouds are just about right in it, too. I say that, even though the whites are blown here and there (so what?). So, that's my vote. :)

mathomas

Matt, very subtle differences on my monitor and too difficult to compare while scrolling to say anything helpful.

Here are a few recent Hasselblad photos from Vietnam, TriX and HP5

[...]

They're all good, but I especially love the atmosphere in these two. The aerial perspective of the last one is really something. I bet it looks really great in print.

mathomas

I shot up some Ektar in my Contax RX + 28mm Distagon this weekend. I really like this equipment combo. The RX is really a joy to shoot, and the meter is sooooo good. Never once changed lenses.

Had some Efke 100 loaded in my M2, but never pulled it out of the bag (I found it hard to switch between color and B&W thinking).

M5-Guy

Pentax Super Program
Vivatar 28mm f/2
Fuji Acros
Xtol 1:1

This one I decided to go a with a shorter Dynamic Range, otherwise the walkers blended in too much....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post on these were the regular stuff,

leif e

Same day as previous upload, but another beach. I like the way Acros/Rodinal handle the contrasty light.
FM2, old Nikkor 2,8/24, Acros, Rodinal 1+50

leif e