The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

mathomas

Same day as previous upload, but another beach. I like the way Acros/Rodinal handle the contrasty light.
FM2, old Nikkor 2,8/24, Acros, Rodinal 1+50

leif e
Love it. Nice exposure under pretty tough conditions, looks like. Maybe it's bourgeois of me, but I would prefer the horizon straight. :D

mathomas

Mike, nice shots, and interesting comment about thinking in color vs B&W.
Thanks. I've definitely shot both color and B&W during one "shoot". But it was always "serial". I guess I'd never really carried two film cameras, one with B&W and one with color, such that I could switch on a whim. Though I could switch, since I was carrying the Contax with color, I was cognizant of walking right past things I'd have shot in B&W. There was this feeling that I'd drag myself away from my mental state to switch film modes, and then do it again later in the same session. Seemed like it would be a lot of work :). Maybe that's just me.

T

tetsrfun

Thanks. I've definitely shot both color and B&W during one "shoot". But it was always "serial". I guess I'd never really carried two film cameras, one with B&W and one with color, such that I could switch on a whim. Though I could switch, since I was carrying the Contax with color, I was cognizant of walking right past things I'd have shot in B&W. There was this feeling that I'd drag myself away from my mental state to switch film modes, and then do it again later in the same session. Seemed like it would be a lot of work :). Maybe that's just me.
Interesting observation. Thinking back, I often carry several 'blad film mags loaded with both B & W and color but rarely switch.

Steve

M5-Guy

Nice tree photos. Did you filter the last one?
NO Filters, (Excl UV),
I did shorten the darker to mid-tone DR a bit to boost the contrast without blowouts in the highlights.

It is a nice lens,, and not under $100... But, a range in the $45-65 is a better price, it may need the IRIS and return spring worked on to get the snappiness back.

leif e

Love it. Nice exposure under pretty tough conditions, looks like. Maybe it's bourgeois of me, but I would prefer the horizon straight. :D
OK, OK, so here is what i got turning around on the spot. This is the bourgeois version; horizon straightened (at least the tower):D:D
leif e

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Scott, I like the photo with the Holga, but the Rollei shot just blows me away. The colors and detail are fantastic.

Holga

Rolleiflex

Leif, Both very nice. I really like the tones of the second one that you posted.
Same day as previous upload, but another beach. I like the way Acros/Rodinal handle the contrasty light.
FM2, old Nikkor 2,8/24, Acros, Rodinal 1+50

leif e
Again, really nice range of tones. And a straight horizon to keep me on-balance :).
OK, OK, so here is what i got turning around on the spot. This is the bourgeois version; horizon straightened (at least the tower):D:D
leif e

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Scott, Thank you.
I really like all three photos, but the Mamiya 7 is my favorite. :D...Wonder why? Seriously, I like the steam rising from the street. All have beautiful tones.

Mike, Take the tour, No. I'd rather photograph.

Michael, Beautiful photo of your niece.