The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

cjlacz

Thanks! With all the great photographers posting here that means a lot. i don't post often, but I'm always excited to see new photos posted.

leif e

Blew the dust off my Rolleicord V today to check the frame spacing once more before sending it off for a fix. Seems ok all of a sudden. :)

I´m however not going to keep on developing TriX in Rodinal, I think. Grain does not look good in skin tones.

leif e

This one is also TriX/Rodnial 1+50, but from the FM2n and a 35/1,4.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I was down by Ground Zero and took some construction shots. There are a LOT of cranes down there!
Pentax 645NII, 150/2.8 FA, Ilford FP4.
This one is of the cranes about 50 stories up on the new tower.

And a ground level shot:

Matt

mathomas

Guess I can post a few. These are some scans of prints I've done recently. Still learning my way around a dark room. Shot on Neopan 400 with an Olympus OM4ti.

Nice ones. I'd like to try some wet printing again (haven't done it since the 70's), but we just don't have the room. I develop my own 135 negs, but scanning is the only way I can print them :).

cjlacz

Nice ones. I'd like to try some wet printing again (haven't done it since the 70's), but we just don't have the room. I develop my own 135 negs, but scanning is the only way I can print them :).
I know what you mean about not having the space. The darkroom I'm using now closes fairly early so it's hard to get much time in on the weekdays and it's closed Sunday. I'm thinking of trying to make one in my apartment, but with only 200 square feet total it's going to be tough. Keeping an eye out for a decent used enlarger first.

mathomas

I know what you mean about not having the space. The darkroom I'm using now closes fairly early so it's hard to get much time in on the weekdays and it's closed Sunday. I'm thinking of trying to make one in my apartment, but with only 200 square feet total it's going to be tough. Keeping an eye out for a decent used enlarger first.
Oh, gosh. I have no room to complain (so to speak) compared to you. We have a house, but I just can't figure out how to create a darkroom without making a real mess of our only darkroom-compatible bathroom. I also have so much various gear from various hobbies I wouldn't want to drive me wife right out of her mind with another collection of "stuff".

I really should try to find a place that rents darkroom time!

Professional

I was touring around in my country not far from my house, and found few cool places here and there, i posted some under blue sky threads and the beach, so i continue to post more from my day trip that time, and this time it is few shots from a small village called "Al Ramla", it is belong to Umm-Al-Quwain emirate in UAE.

Lovely small colorful houses here and there, so definitely color films must be used here over B&W.

mathomas

Some from my new-to-me Fuji GA645Zi. I realize these are fairly harsh (lab dev/scan). I finally broke down and ordered a flatbed scanner, so after this roll no more crispy images (hopefully).

Tri-X:

Delta 400:

bensonga

I can't even remember the last time I shot some images with this camera. A friend of mine is looking to buy a wide angle lens for his Hasselblad. He was leaning towards the 40mm. I suggested we go out for a "test run" so he could try my 50mm and 40mm lenses before putting down some serious cash. I pulled the 501CM out and it had an unfinshed roll of Velvia 100 in the magazine. Here's one of the images, scanned at fairly low res by the lab which developed the film. I shot the same sculpture with my Canon 1D2 and 17-40L lens.

I really hate to admit it....but the film looks much better (probably not obvious in this image). I'm looking forward to scanning these transparencies myself now.

I just wish film wasn't such a PIA. Good things are worth waiting for, right? Instant gratification...it's a double edged sword.

501CM and 60 CFi lens (finally got around to using this really sweet lens....thanks Fotografz! :salute:)

Gary

mathomas

I can't even remember the last time I shot some images with this camera. A friend of mine is looking to buy a wide angle lens for his Hasselblad. He was leaning towards the 40mm. I suggested we go out for a "test run" so he could try my 50mm and 40mm lenses before putting down some serious cash. I pulled the 501CM out and it had an unfinshed roll of Velvia 100 in the magazine. Here's one of the images, scanned at fairly low res by the lab which developed the film. I shot the same sculpture with my Canon 1D2 and 17-40L lens.

I really hate to admit it....but the film looks much better (probably not obvious in this image). I'm looking forward to scanning these transparencies myself now.

I just wish film wasn't such a PIA. Good things are worth waiting for, right? Instant gratification...it's a double edged sword.

501CM and 60 CFi lens (finally got around to using this really sweet lens....thanks Fotografz! :salute:)

Gary

Wow, cha-ching! Awesome color!