The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

bensonga

One more from my weekend outing with the Hasselblad. This was the last frame on the roll. It had been so long since I used the 'Blad, I apparently forgot how to properly wind the last bit of film off the spool before opening the film back. There was still a bit of film left sticking out.....and so about 30% of the last frame was lost. Oh well, I like this horizontal crop just fine. 501CM and the 60CFi lens (which I really like). Velvia 100. Low res scan from the lab. One of the midtown Anchorage office buildings....this is Chevron's Alaska headquarters.

Gary

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

I just found myself a used Nikon F3HP. Here's a couple of frames from my first roll, a Tri-X 400. From a recent rural demonstration in Copenhagen.

click for larger - in some browsers F11 deactivates <-> and again activates menu lines

Nikon F3HP • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF • TRI-X 400 • Plustek OpticFilm 7600i SE film scanner

pfigen

A quick snap at the Salton Sea back in December. Mamiya 7, 80mm lens. T-Max 100, 25A Red, drum scanned on a Howtek 8000.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Messing around with new (to me) 500C/M. Hand held, so DoF limited to the distance. Lots of detail back there. I scanned this at 3200 dpi, and it was still sharp.

Best,

Matt

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Pentax 645NII. That 45-85 FA is nice, but heavy. A lot of barrel distortion at the wide end, but easily corrected in software. Anyway, I like the ambiguous orientation here.

Best,

Matt

Peter Klein

From the Wayback Machine. My parents at Niagara Falls, Ontario Canadia in 1964, on Kodachrome 25. I took this with my mother's Bolsey B2 rangefinder. I was 10 years old at the time :)

And here I am with my Dad on the U.S. side of the river, photo by my Mom.

Kodachrome is just amazing!

--Peter

sizifo

Really wonderful Kodachrome photos.

Here is a recent one I like, from a not-so-friendly suburb of Manchester. Hasselblad + 80mm, tri-x + tmax developer, I think.

sizifo

And a few more from Whitstable, Kent. These are shot with a Canon F-2 50mm f:1.4 lens. Tri-X @ iso250 in Rodinal (my favorite combination of film + dev so far). I know the scans are no good, my epson 4990 is unfortunately not really good enough for 35mm film.

csrgavh

Scott -

I live south of you in Severna Park. I lurk here mainly but always follow your stuff with interest. I have recognized OC and some other places you have shot in the past. This looks to be a deserted textile factory, can you tell me where it is? Thanks.

--
Craig

Scott G

Craig,

These were taken at a mill in Western Maryland. They made silk thread there, though it hasn't been in operation for decades. The owner is a cool guy who lets people shoot in there for a nominal fee to help with the upkeep of the place.

bensonga

More from the Alaska Railroad......

Locomotive 4325, ready to pull a load of tourists in dome cars from Anchorage to Fairbanks.

Pentax 645NII, 120mm A macro lens, Fuji Provia 100, lab scan. The AK RR colors are actually yellow and a very dark blue....which appears almost black in this photo.

azn.lobster

this was shot with a:
Leica R6.2
Leica 50mm Summicron-R Type 1 with modified 2cam to 3cam.
Kodak Gold 200
near Pike Place Market in Seattle

bensonga

Here's another in my emerging "series" on turn signal indicators and other details of trucks, cars and other machinery :)loco:).....this time on film.

Pentax 645NII, Pentax 120mm "A" macro lens, Fuji Provia 100, lab scan.....shot at f5.6. I've really been impressed with the 120mm macro.