The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Scott G

I hope you post them here, because I too lazy to look in other forums! All of my photos are MF film, and it looks like the majority of the others are as well...

bensonga

If i use a film medium format, should i post here or on MF forum?
Definitely here Tareq. I think the GetDPI MF Forum is really focused on MF Digital.....so this is the best place for any film images that didn't come from a Leica rangefinder.

I loved the images you posted above. We don't get alot of days with clear blue skies like that where I live....and most of the houses here in Anchorage are not very colorful....actually, they are quite ugly.

Gary

sizifo

Very nice stuff Scott. Where are you taking these photos? Looks like an old factory left untouched after a nuclear disaster or something.

Scott G

It's a vacant factory that used to manufacture silk thread decades ago. Very cool place, largely unchanged since it went out of operation.

Professional

I hope you post them here, because I too lazy to look in other forums! All of my photos are MF film, and it looks like the majority of the others are as well...
Definitely here Tareq. I think the GetDPI MF Forum is really focused on MF Digital.....so this is the best place for any film images that didn't come from a Leica rangefinder.

I loved the images you posted above. We don't get alot of days with clear blue skies like that where I live....and most of the houses here in Anchorage are not very colorful....actually, they are quite ugly.

Gary
If you are posting square images there's also the square thread, which is looking good http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22697
Thanks!

I also prefer to post my MF film here than there, as you said, there are mostly focusing on the digital, and they don't care much to discuss about film MF there, i have digital MF but i really enjoy with film more even i love digital Mf more, and i was posting some film shots on another website but honestly i don't see my photos any interesting as you people posting here, all my shots mostly about my house indoor boring or some around in my area which we don't have things interesting as in Europe and USA, even the blue sky we don't have most of the time, maybe 1-2 months only, lucky if we have blue sky longer than 3 months, but we have the sun the strongest in the world in our region.

Professional

Scott, your shots are truly amazing and impressive, no wonder why i love to shoot with Acros 100, but i really don't know why my Hasselblad shots are not so impressive for me as my RZ67II.

Professional

Under Blue Sky 1

Really Velvia 50 is my favorite color film, and with the blue and green the Velvy punching/popping those 2 colors more than other films, i like Ektar with red color more, it seems that slides are better with cool colors and negatives with warm colors, but i can be wrong as all can be great when exposed and processed very well.

Bad result

so so result

Good result

again, so so result

I deleted the rest of the frames [3] on the roll as they are not much good and they are almost same subjects as above but little different composed, so decided to ignore them.

Professional

Under Blue Sky 2

It is rarely to see so nice blue sky in my country, and this day was nice even not very blue but i used a CPL to make it darker, i was just driving around and stopped here and there to shoot something, and here what i've got.

Professional

This beach was quiet, i like it, long time ago when i was a kid my mom was bringing us here, it is changed now after almost 20 years ago, and the time i took the photos was hot morning, but i did it.

Scott G

Tareq, I am glad you posted them here! All of these photos are great, but the last series at the beach are really special. What a beautiful country, you certainly took advantage of the blue skies! Were they taken with the RZ?

Professional

Tareq, I am glad you posted them here! All of these photos are great, but the last series at the beach are really special. What a beautiful country, you certainly took advantage of the blue skies! Were they taken with the RZ?
Thank you very much!
I don't feel my country as beautiful, i can have and see much more beautiful than that overseas.
Yes, all of those shots above were from RZII, but i used different films for each series above.

pfigen

Lucinda Williams

Found a grocery bag full of slide boxes upstairs in my studio yesterday and liked this shot of singer songwriter Lucinda Williams from 1992, shot on long discontinued Agfa 1000 on a Nikon with probably a 24mm lens, available light, in Venice, Ca. across Lincoln Blvd from the old Mad Dog recording studios where she was recording at the time. I think this is the first time I've scanned Agfa 1000 and I love the look of it, especially the grain.

Peter Klein

This is my Uncle Marty. I think he was discussing politics with my parents. I love the hands. Taken in early 1970 in New York (the Bronx), with a Canon TL-QL SLR and the 50/1.8 that came with it. Tri-X and D-76. I was 16 when I took this, and just getting serious about photography.

And here he is, aware of the camera, with my Grandma Hannah in the background.

--Peter

Scott G

Memorial Day

As I approach the gates of heaven;
St. Peter I will tell;
One more soldier reporting sir;
I've served my time in hell. -Mark Anthony Gresswell

Taken at the Antietam National Cemetery

The Bloodiest One Day Battle in American History

23,000 soldiers were killed, wounded or missing after twelve hours of savage combat on September 17, 1862. The Battle of Antietam ended the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia’s first invasion into the North and led to Abraham Lincoln’s issuance of the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation.

Last edited: