The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

leif e

So much good stuff!

Every time I come bck to Tri-x and XTLO after straying I realize how much I like te combo. Still sanning the mountain shots; this is one of them (Arista, ATOL 1+1)

FM2n, 2,8/55 Micri-Nikkor

leif e

iver aldas

So much good stuff!

Every time I come bck to Tri-x and XTLO after straying I realize how much I like te combo. Still sanning the mountain shots; this is one of them (Arista, ATOL 1+1)

FM2n, 2,8/55 Micri-Nikkor

leif e
I like this one! Never tried XTLO with Tri-x. Hmm..I have to try this combo as well! :)

iver aldas

Sugarcane Farmer

Grandma (coffee shop owner)

Fishing

All 3 Photos taken using Fed 2 - Industar 61 L/D 55/2.8 - Fuji Superia Extra 400​

leif e

Good shots, Iver! I also went to check your blog out. That tuberculosis project is impressive and thought-provoking!

leif e

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Leif, The photo of your wife and daughter is beautiful.
Iver, I really like these three. It would be hard to pick a favorite, but Grandma is probably it. I have read your blog and looked at your TB project photos. You are doing meaningful work. Your subject is a sad one.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Peter, Interesting street photos. How does the G1 work for street? I had a Contax G2 for a while and loved the lenses and color rendering, but could not deal with losing control of my focusing.

M5-Guy

Peter, Interesting street photos. How does the G1 work for street? I had a Contax G2 for a while and loved the lenses and color rendering, but could not deal with losing control of my focusing.
This is why I got the G1, it has the footage scale on the focus wheel... even though I use MF, the camera still has to set the lens to what ever distance you set it to... there is a slight delay. but, it is still as fast as an AF DSLR as far getting a fast shoot off.

My biggest problem, was mis-judging where the VF was, and I would whip it up to eye, and miss it!. :ROTFL:, I still would take a photo, even though I my eye was not centered on the VF. And I was shooting blind :loco:

I also went to online DOF Calculator to find a few combinations I could use...3 small 3/4" x 1" labels with these guides.

f/11 at 3.4m = 7' to 25'
f/16 at 3.4m = 6' to 55'
f/16 at 5m = 5' to INF

But, f/11 at 3.4m is my norm. with the 45mm. 7' is like just over 2 arm lengths away....not far at all....

iver aldas

Good shots, Iver! I also went to check your blog out. That tuberculosis project is impressive and thought-provoking!

leif e
Leif, The photo of your wife and daughter is beautiful.
Iver, I really like these three. It would be hard to pick a favorite, but Grandma is probably it. I have read your blog and looked at your TB project photos. You are doing meaningful work. Your subject is a sad one.
Thank you Leif and Cindy. I'm glad that you like my photos, also thank you for checking my blog. Appreciate all your comments about my work and thorough those comments I am inspired to do more documentary. The tuberculosis project is an ongoing project and to tell you guys honestly I have a long way to go in completing the said project. Earlier this morning I came to one of the many Barangay's here in my country where in case of TB is very rampant.

There are a lot of residents of all ages that are infected by the disease. I will immerse on that place for a week or more and I'm planning to do it next month. I need to make sure that my immune system is strong for me not to acquire the disease. The rate of TB is high in that community because the resident’s main source of living is through junks that they get from the garbage and coal making. The smoke is very thick that you can hardly breathe. Right now I am still having a headache due to the amount of smoke I inhaled. It was ages that I was able to visit that community again, so my resistance against the smoke has weakened a little. Will be posting photos soon.

PS: Leif I really love the portrait of your wife and daughter. It’s perfect!

leif e

Peter, those two with the homeless guy in the background are really good! I also like the morning fog, Dragos!

leif e

More fog - this one´s of the full-day-mountain kind. :D We´ve had an extremely wet summer.

The second shot is a reminder that we and the bluebells had a few nice days as well. Both Arista 400, FM2n and 2,8/55 Micro-Nikkor.